Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6680|Canberra, AUS
christ on a stick. the more i read it the more the stupid assaults my brain.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5363|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

There are many reasons to nail Wall Street - none of these even have anything to do with the place.

Except 12 obviously, not that that is really the core of the problem.
I don't think they meant S&P and Moody's, but the agencies that dish out credit reports on individuals for background checks.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6721

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

There are many reasons to nail Wall Street - none of these even have anything to do with the place.

Except 12 obviously, not that that is really the core of the problem.
I don't think they meant S&P and Moody's, but the agencies that dish out credit reports on individuals for background checks.
That is pretty retarded. Wasn't the collapse a result of people not being able to pay their mortgages?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6111|eXtreme to the maX
Ah ok, even less to do with Wall Street then.

Uzique has a job, on his homeworld

https://data.whicdn.com/images/9876736/I-must-go-my-hipster-planet-needs-me_large.jpg
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Spark
+874|6680|Canberra, AUS
i'm not sure if this is hipster per se or just straight out deadshit
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6502

DesertFox- wrote:

Is that really what they want? If so, they make the Tea Party look almost reasonable.
this country is pissed off, and there are tea-baggers on wall street too - the left, the right are more vocal. i can't wait to see what straw it will be that breaks the center's back . . .
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Burnzz wrote:

i can't wait to see what straw it will be that breaks the center's back . . .
I think what America needs now is a war with Pakistan.
Apple should run it as:
- They're good at not fucking things up
- Hipsters love them

That or just sell the govt to Goldman Sachs - they pretty well own it already - drop the pretence.
Madoff could be President.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Really, another big financial scandal should do it, people stop paying their taxes, goodnight.

9% Unemployment and the govt is broke since 70% of tax comes from jobs.
Another 9% stop paying tax and the govt falls.
Spark
+874|6680|Canberra, AUS
number 11. oh geez.

HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO DUMB
~ Richard Feynman
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Spark wrote:

number 11. oh geez.

HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO DUMB
They obviously don't see that as theft.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Oh OK
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6721
Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending "Freetrade" by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

le contradictions LOL
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6721
This is why people should learn something about fucking economics before they open their mouth on how the world should run.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6686|Disaster Free Zone
The is in D&ST why?

There's nothing to debate... and
It can't be serious.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6468|cuntshitlake

DesertFox- wrote:

The "free college education" alone is laughably unrealistic.
I know right hahah

wait, I've got free college. In fact ALL education up to masters degree and to some extent even doctorates in Finland are free.

wat
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DUnlimited wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

I know right hahah

wait, I've got free college. In fact ALL education up to masters degree and to some extent even doctorates in Finland are free.

wat
nothing is free.
-Frederick Bastiat
DUnlimited
+1,160|6468|cuntshitlake

Jay wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

I know right hahah

wat
nothing is free.
herp a derp. there are no tuition fees. for students the education is free.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DUnlimited wrote:

Jay wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

I know right hahah

wat
nothing is free.
Your parents pay taxes, no?
-Frederick Bastiat
DUnlimited
+1,160|6468|cuntshitlake

Jay wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Jay wrote:

nothing is free.
my parents are not students. way to sidestep my point.

of course we pay more taxes in here but i'd put free education for anyone preeetty high in priorities when it comes to state budget.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DUnlimited wrote:

Jay wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

my parents are not students. way to sidestep my point.

of course we pay more taxes in here but i'd put free education for anyone preeetty high in priorities when it comes to state budget.
My parents aren't students either but they helped my brothers pay for college. You will be paying for other peoples tuition for the rest of your life. But grats on your 'free' education I guess.
-Frederick Bastiat
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6780|Noizyland

Yes this list is stupid and unrealistic. But this list is one person's proposal for a possible list of demands. It is posted on this protest's website. After 140+ comments NOT ONE has been in full support of it. It has as much relevence as a self-appointed political commentator's Youtube video.

From what I understand this protest is in regard to increasing income disparity and waning social mobility in the US. To a certain extent it is the cry of a bunch of over-privelaged children with a false sense of entitlement. It also seems poorly structured and has no real direction. But I think there is some discussion value in the points that they are presumably trying to make. Income disparity in the US is at a ridiculous level and is getting worse while people earning obscene amounts of money are not being taxed to a level that seems remotely fair. Social mobility, the backbone of the national ethos, is declining - I believe the US rates tenth in the world for this which is pretty poor for a country that prides itself on "The American Dream". America increasingly seems to be a nation for the rich with the laws and even the culture of the country catering more and more to wealthy people who really dont need the help. I think these people are just generally frustrated with all of this but don't quite know exactly what they're mad at or why.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Spark
+874|6680|Canberra, AUS
ty, stop getting in our way of laughing at one poor soul's staggering naiveté
~ Richard Feynman
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6780|Noizyland

Never!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ty wrote:

Yes this list is stupid and unrealistic. But this list is one person's proposal for a possible list of demands. It is posted on this protest's website. After 140+ comments NOT ONE has been in support of it. It has as much relevence as a self-appointed political commentator's Youtube video.

From what I understand this protest is in regard to increasing income disparity and waning social mobility in the US. To a certain extent it is the cry of a bunch of over-privelaged children with a false sense of entitlement. It also seems poorly structured and has no real direction. But I think there is some discussion value in the points that they are presumably trying to make. Income disparity in the US is at a ridiculous level and is getting worse while people earning obscene amounts of money are not being taxed to a level that seems remotely fair. Social mobility, the backbone of the national ethos, is declining - I believe the US rates tenth in the world for this which is pretty poor for a country that prides itself on "The American Dream". America increasingly seems to be a nation for the rich with the laws and even the culture of the country catering more and more to wealthy people who really dont need the help. I think these people are just generally frustrated with all of this but don't quite know exactly what they're mad at or why.
They are like the former law students that sued New York Law because their law degrees didn't come with high paying jobs attached to them. They want the wealth without doing the work necessary to earn it. Fuck em.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Now the students have become the litigators. Graduates of New York Law School filed a class action lawsuit against their alma mater, claiming they were duped into enrolling with false promises of practically guaranteed high-paying legal jobs. In papers filed today in Manhattan Supreme Court, Alexandra Gomez-Jimenez, Scott Tiedke and Katherine Cooper say they were victims of a "systemic, ongoing fraud that is ubiquitous in the legal education industry and threatens to leave a generation of law students in dire financial straits." The suit says the school duped students by claiming that "the overwhelming majority of its students —90-95 percent —secure employment within nine months of graduation." The "reality of the situation," the suit says, is "that these seemingly robust numbers include any type of employment, including jobs that have absoloutely nothing to do with the legal industry, do not requre a JD degree or are temporary or part-time in nature." "Rather, if NYLS was to disclose the more pertinent employment statistic" of graduates who landed full-time law-related jobs, "the numbers would drop dramatically, and could be well below 50 percent, if not lower." Lawyer David Anziska, who’s representing the now-employed grads, said the school has also inflated reports about the salaries its graduates pull in by using an average "based on a small, mostly self-selected subset of graduates who actually submit their salary information." That means the bulk of graduates have a hard time digging out from their students loans to attend the almost $50,000 a year school, Anziska said. The suit says most graduates leave owing over $100,000 from the loans. The suit seeks a court order changing the way the school reports the employment and salary numbers, as well as unspecified money damages. The school’s dean, Richard Matasar, said, "These claims are without merit and we will vigorously defend against them in court."
http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhat … kG6lL8jNbN

Last edited by Jay (2011-10-04 06:58:51)

-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard