krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6793|Great Brown North
the level of stupidity contained in those few posts is shocking
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6169|Vancouver | Canada

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

99% of snipers in games are idiots who cant hold a 1:1 ratio. Guess thats why new games load them up with claymores and mortars n shit. I get it now sucking ass must be a "Play style" lol. Cant wait to shock paddle some sniper noobs in bf3.
If you're off on the edge of the map knifing snipers who "can't hold a 1:1 ratio", you're being more useless than they are, tbh.

Also, that means I'm part of an elite 1%. I feel so pro and cool.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5697|SQUID

-Sh1fty- wrote:

u bet I did

I'm sick and tiered of his ego. It's so huge he has random objects that orbit it. Watching the game doesn't qualify me to say whatever I want about it.
Fixed and spelling mistake highlighted for you, chief.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5049|Massachusetts, USA

DefCon-17 wrote:

99% of snipers in games are idiots who cant hold a 1:1 ratio. Guess thats why new games load them up with claymores and mortars n shit. I get it now sucking ass must be a "Play style" lol. Cant wait to shock paddle some sniper noobs in bf3.
If you're off on the edge of the map knifing snipers who "can't hold a 1:1 ratio", you're being more useless than they are, tbh.

Also, that means I'm part of an elite 1%. I feel so pro and cool.
Yeah, same here. minimum of 2.0 KDR each round while I was on metro.

Caspian (when I played it) Was engy only.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5697|SQUID
2.0 KDR as a sniper isn't something to be proud of in this game.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6299|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

The A W S M F O X wrote:

Yeah that's about what an average player can get as assault/medic/engineer...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5049|Massachusetts, USA

The A W S M F O X wrote:

Minimum 2.0, thats when there are good counter-snipers. More often than not it was 4.0 or more.

Also, i switched kits if the opposing team hit the 2nd set of MCOMs to either support or assault.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
jord
+2,382|6691|The North, beyond the wall.

jord wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

I watched a couple of his medic videos and he's good.
ya because its a video in which he edited out him getting stallowned from snipers all the time.

either that or the usmc scout sniper thing
if it was even possible to be "owned" by a sniper

I like fast paced games, being in the middle of action with autos/semi autos...running out of ammo and having to switch to your pistol, running out of pistol rounds then whipping out your knife to finish people off. Snipers just slow game play down. What is so much fun about picking someone off from 2000 feet away shits boring as fuck yet so many people love it and its a newbies 1st option on every game ever made. In bf2 i loved the infantry gameplay, ak101s ak47s and m16s all day... only thing snipers did was take my health down to 1 bar so i could die from the terrain impact or get blown up by a claymore when going around a corner, took away so much fucking time in game dying in cheap shit ways. Not to mention they were no value at all to a team all every bridge turned into was a bunch of dumbasses shooting at eachother with L95s and no one advancing. Only time anyone went sniper in TOP was to TK a smurf out of the jet/chopper.

And i think snipers are pretty cool IRL, my friend from high school is a marine scout and he blew a taliban guy's head off last year. Snipers just gay up videogames more than anything second to grenade lauchers and martyrdom.
~The argument about usefullness is moot, bf2 was a game in which killing the enemy=ticket loss for opposing team, and dying meant ticket loss for your team. If the usual peon runs for flags with his generic m16/ak and gets owned 9 times out of ten and i'm sat there (enjoying myself btw) maitaining a 10-1 kdr then I'm more useful.

Furthermore it's pub servers so what do you realistically want, complete team unity with complex strategy and a "useful" ratio of kit choices? Please. Most people just play for fun and do what they want, I don't see why you care if you're running round with a squad all revive-fucking eachother...
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6680

Have you even played Metro?  In almost all cases, the recons were top of the leaderboard, and had the most kills and best k/d ratios.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6822|Marathon, Florida Keys
this forum never changes. "omg sniperz r awsm best class evar". I understand what the "s" in the domain name stands for now.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6510

lol
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6684|UK
snipers suck dick

if you're a sniper i will leave the squad.  i have watched them far too many time rooted to a spot while a flag is being taken because they rather get kills than contribute to the team objective.

while i do not disagree a good sniper can contribute to a team they are few and far between.  so i am glad you now stand out like a baboons red arse, its because you are a bunch of baboons.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6680

this forum never changes. "omg sniperz r awsm best class evar". I understand what the "s" in the domain name stands for now.
I wrote "recon", not "sniper".  Completely different playstyle.  Same way the SVD was used on BF2.  Totally different from the bolt-actions.

BF3 recon: semi-auto or shotty, radio-beacon, T-UGS.
BC2 recon: G3 or shotty, motion mines
BF2: SVD
jord

That's your response to all the valid points?

You have no argument, snipers have been and WILL be in every fps you play over your lifetime. You're gonna to have to get used to it, adapt so to speak. It's not hard.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6481

Ilocano wrote:

I wrote "recon", not "sniper".  Completely different playstyle.  Same way the SVD was used on BF2.  Totally different from the bolt-actions.

You can use the bolt actions in close range in BF3 just fine. Just takes the holo sight and being really, really good.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6680

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

You can use the bolt actions in close range in BF3 just fine. Just takes the holo sight and being really, really good.
I hate the wait between kills.
FloppY_
­

Ilocano wrote:

You say that as if the VSS isn't the best damn recon weapon of all in BC2
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6220
It doesnt bother me, im so fucking good at Bf sniping that the enemy will be dead via headshot before they see the flash.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6513|so randum
you go get them champ!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6481
If you have any aptitude for sniping at all you'll do just fine with the glint-less 4x scope. The semi-auto scopes in BF2 were only 3.3x and the bolt actions in BF2 were only 5x, so 4x should do just fine for people who aren't completely terrible. Also you can bring the scope up much faster than in BF2 and have more peripheral vision than in BF2, so you can use it in close range also.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6822|Marathon, Florida Keys

jord wrote:

You have no argument, snipers have been and WILL be in every fps you play over your lifetime. You're gonna to have to get used to it, adapt so to speak. It's not hard.
I have no need to adapt. Stats meant nothing but when i quit bf2 i was #74 in the world with nearly 750 hours less game time than the average of people who had the same global score as me...120-130 points a round (NOT I/O) isnt someone who needs to adapt. I had a K/D of 7-8 and i ran through crowds of said snipers and every other nooblet with ease leading my team by 30 every round and 4500 gold stars. I can handle snipers just fine, i work with my friends so we just keep reviving eachother and advancing on the camping pussies then shock them in their fucking face with defibrillators. I LOVED competition and going toe to toe with another experienced player with the stock assault rifles to see who could best eachother, I LOVE teamwork. Snipers are neither competition or teamwork oriented just fucking waste of server slots and annoy me the same way a fly buzzing around my face does. I know snipers are here to say, all i came in this thread to say is that they are lame and i'd rather have a 1:1 ratio playing against good people who use the AR's than go 10:1 against a bunch of pussies who shoot me from 2 miles away and i have to spend my whole time reviving/getting revived before i find and kill the guy wasting my time. But whatever, its always been my personality to use the stock AR's and best everyone who snipes and uses unlocks so i can laugh at them when they call me a hacker...nothing i say is ever gonna change anyone else so fuck it i probably won't even buy this game just because the jets fly the speed of a biplane.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
jord

jord wrote:

I have no need to adapt. Stats meant nothing but when i quit bf2 i was #74 in the world with nearly 750 hours less game time than the average of people who had the same global score as me...120-130 points a round (NOT I/O) isnt someone who needs to adapt. I had a K/D of 7-8 and i ran through crowds of said snipers and every other nooblet with ease leading my team by 30 every round and 4500 gold stars. I can handle snipers just fine, i work with my friends so we just keep reviving eachother and advancing on the camping pussies then shock them in their fucking face with defibrillators. I LOVED competition and going toe to toe with another experienced player with the stock assault rifles to see who could best eachother, I LOVE teamwork. Snipers are neither competition or teamwork oriented just fucking waste of server slots and annoy me the same way a fly buzzing around my face does. I know snipers are here to say, all i came in this thread to say is that they are lame and i'd rather have a 1:1 ratio playing against good people who use the AR's than go 10:1 against a bunch of pussies who shoot me from 2 miles away and i have to spend my whole time reviving/getting revived before i find and kill the guy wasting my time. But whatever, its always been my personality to use the stock AR's and best everyone who snipes and uses unlocks so i can laugh at them when they call me a hacker...nothing i say is ever gonna change anyone else so fuck it i probably won't even buy this game just because the jets fly the speed of a biplane.
I don't really know why people throw the word pussy around for a style of gameplay on a video game but I'm pretty sure running around a public server with a load of clan members in toe to revive you when you die would be the epitome of video game pussydom.

I enjoy teamwork, and I enjoy playing by myself. I do both well, meh.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6680

It isn't really 10:1 if you have to constantly get revived before you managed to kill that sniper.  I'd say he was a damn good sniper if you had to spend a whole lot of time getting revived.

Glad that Bf3 changed death tracking that way.  Dead is dead, even if you are revived.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6680

If you have any aptitude for sniping at all you'll do just fine with the glint-less 4x scope. The semi-auto scopes in BF2 were only 3.3x and the bolt actions in BF2 were only 5x, so 4x should do just fine for people who aren't completely terrible. Also you can bring the scope up much faster than in BF2 and have more peripheral vision than in BF2, so you can use it in close range also.
Wait, the 4x has no glint?  Hell, here I was thinking all scopes had glint.  Well, time to change tactics.
FloppY_
­

So the 4x acog isn't useless on snipers in BF3? neat... It was absolutely useless on snipers in BC2 thanks to the hitreg issues -.-

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-10-11 13:15:27)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard