Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

i'm actually with lowing on this one

e: did you people even read the article? the kids were cheering over the other kid's death at a fucking dance. that sounds like the exact same behavior seen in Iraq when they killed and burned the bodies of those contractors. or when they beheaded Daniel Pearl. yes, these sociopaths sound like productive contributing members of society. fuck off.
The school should punish the shit out of those kids.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK
Intresting fact about suicide.  On friday 16 2001 not one person out of approx 60 million in the UK decided to off themselfs.

The figures come from an investigation into suicide in England and Wales conducted by the Office of National Statistics.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … t-day.html
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Cybargs wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

e: did you people even read the article? the kids were cheering over the other kid's death at a fucking dance. that sounds like the exact same behavior seen in Iraq when they killed and burned the bodies of those contractors. or when they beheaded Daniel Pearl. yes, these sociopaths sound like productive contributing members of society. fuck off.
Unfortunately being a sociopath isn't something that's punishable by law.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6569|Mountains of NC

Roc18 wrote:

lowing wrote:

So you guys can not empathize or sympathize with this poor kid at all? You speak of "free speech", well free speech does not protect your right to inflict harm or pain on others on a personal level. This kid is not the governor of NY, he is not a politician or a public figure, he was a teenager trying to make it in this world being different from the norm. Hell, being normal as a teenager has its challenges, let alone being gay. Especially now in a world where your humiliation is longer confined to a classroom, it's posted for the whole world to see. and all you can say is basically tough shit?

I have been called everything from asshole to monster for my opinions in this forum, but some of you are some seriously heartless bastards. Wow.
Honestly what the kid did was fucking stupid, kill himself? Wow.

I empathize with the fact that he's an insecure kid who didn't know how to handle insults and those bullies need to get their asses kicked. But you don't kill yourself over people like that.
stupid, yes

but we're seeing more and more of these cases all the time ...........
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD

Roc18 wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

if I did that at my high school the best thing that could happen would be expulsion, the worst is they'd probably try and get you put in the mental health ward of a hospital for a week or two.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

if I did that at my high school the best thing that could happen would be expulsion, the worst is they'd probably try and get you put in the mental health ward of a hospital for a week or two.
^This.

pussy ass school won't punish the kids.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Jay wrote:

lowing wrote:

So you guys can not empathize or sympathize with this poor kid at all? You speak of "free speech", well free speech does not protect your right to inflict harm or pain on others on a personal level. This kid is not the governor of NY, he is not a politician or a public figure, he was a teenager trying to make it in this world being different from the norm. Hell, being normal as a teenager has its challenges, let alone being gay. Especially now in a world where your humiliation is longer confined to a classroom, it's posted for the whole world to see. and all you can say is basically tough shit?

I have been called everything from asshole to monster for my opinions in this forum, but some of you are some seriously heartless bastards. Wow.
Everyone gets bullied at some point in their life. It's humbling, and humiliating, and you learn from it. Frankly, it's the kids parents fault for subjecting him to the crap. If he was being bullied that badly, pull him out of school or move. You can't hold everyones hand through life in an effort to make their existence pain free and joyous at all occasions. It's not realistic, and it's ultimately not good for the person when they do get faced with adversity. Is bullying bad? Yes. But I certainly don't think we need to write new laws that will impact everyone just because of a few outlier cases. Kids commit suicide every day. It's stupid, and pointless, but no piece of legislation you could ever dream up would change that fact.
everyone does you are right, usually most kids can escape it. This kid obviously couldn't. I do not believe the solution should be for this family to uproot and move pull their kid out of school. and turn their lives upside down. Rather, hold the bullies accountable for their actions.
Roc18
`

lowing wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Honestly what the kid did was fucking stupid, kill himself? Wow.

I empathize with the fact that he's an insecure kid who didn't know how to handle insults and those bullies need to get their asses kicked. But you don't kill yourself over people like that.
Everyone has a breaking point, and these kids pushed this poor guy to his. As a teenager your world is pretty small, and when you are not welcome or feel safe in it, you few options. Sure you can go to a counselor who will tell you all the usual bullshit. You are better then they are, just ignore it, etc. but that is not an escape. This kid was tortured for a long time before he finally found his way out of it. and teenage suicide is not something new. He just shouldn't have to put up with people pushing him over the edge.
I'm just saying that kid is dead now over people who weren't worth it. I wish the kid didn't kill himself.

Those bullies sound like complete retards. I wasn't in the kids shoes so I don't know exactly how bad it was for him over the years.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694

Macbeth wrote:

After awhile you have to man up.
How do you expect a kid to man up? Judging by his picture, he wasn't a man yet.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

lowing wrote:

Jay wrote:

lowing wrote:

Everyone gets bullied at some point in their life. It's humbling, and humiliating, and you learn from it. Frankly, it's the kids parents fault for subjecting him to the crap. If he was being bullied that badly, pull him out of school or move. You can't hold everyones hand through life in an effort to make their existence pain free and joyous at all occasions. It's not realistic, and it's ultimately not good for the person when they do get faced with adversity. Is bullying bad? Yes. But I certainly don't think we need to write new laws that will impact everyone just because of a few outlier cases. Kids commit suicide every day. It's stupid, and pointless, but no piece of legislation you could ever dream up would change that fact.
everyone does you are right, usually most kids can escape it. This kid obviously couldn't. I do not believe the solution should be for this family to uproot and move pull their kid out of school. and turn their lives upside down. Rather, hold the bullies accountable for their actions.
it's the typical "blame the victim" movement that's been around for some time now. people don't think criminals and bad people are, well, bad.
Roc18
`

Superior Mind wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

After awhile you have to man up.
How do you expect a kid to man up? Judging by his picture, he wasn't a man yet.
Judging by the fact that he killed himself, you can safely assume that.

He didn't know how to handle the stress. It happens everyday unfortunately.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
He was 15 years old. Not everyone has the constitution of Jack Bauer at that age.
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6733|Cambridge, England

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

it's the typical "blame the victim" movement that's been around for some time now. people don't think criminals and bad people are, well, bad.
I would argue the "blame the victim" movement, as you so diplomatically put it, is a direct backlash to the absence of personal responsibility or accountability.

We cannot continue to coat people in ever increasing layers of bubble wrap and cotton wool, its not feasible, its not successful and ultimately it doesn't help anybody.

Is this the same Lowing that attacked the UK with derision for being a nanny state with the constant interfering in peoples lives? Yet now you want the government to censor Facebook so that only nice things can be said?

Do you think you can legislate against suicide? Do you think a potential suicide would stop and go oh no, I better not because if I do die I will have broken the law?

Bullying isn't new, its not 400,000 times worse because somebody posted on your facebook page (block, report, leave?) and its not about to dissapear from a heavy handed knee jerk governmental legislation. If you want to blame anybody for it happening then you should look to schools and parents (parents of both parties).

Blame the internet may be the easy answer but that doesn't mean its going to be successful, not by any means. If anything it could be argued that it makes it that much easier for insecure / unconfident kids to talk to other people about their lives and make friends (even if they are purely online).
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
Bulling is rabbit.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

He was 15 years old. Not everyone has the constitution of Jack Bauer at that age.
Fifteen.

You make him sound like a ten year old. Kids younger have to deal with worse outside of suburbia...
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6000|...
Punish the bullies (they're assholes) but don't implement some sort of nation-wide anti bullying policy, that's just an overreaction. I see this as an isolated incident in which the bullying was probably severe but where the victim overreacted completely to it.

If kids start committing suicide because of bullying en masse I'll agree there's a major issue that needs to be tackled.

Last edited by Shocking (2011-09-28 09:40:17)

inane little opines
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Punish them how and for what? Not being nice?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Macbeth wrote:

Punish them how and for what? Not being nice?
Schools can punish kids for hazing other students. Call the kids parents and shit, not that hard. You can go from suspending a student, putting them on academic probation, expulsion etc.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6000|...
Not being nice is one thing, here's where you realise something is seriously wrong: "bullies were celebrating his death at a dance his sister attended".
inane little opines
Roc18
`
I wish I could see what these bullies looked like. Bitch ass N's.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida

lowing wrote:

Make a memorial for the dead kid in front of the school.  Then have the names of the bullies and call them out for being the heartless bastards they are.  In public. 

Thats really all I can think of.
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
I can see both sides.

We're all adults here and with a stronger constitution for it. It's easy to say "oh he shoulda just shrugged it off and blocked them" but he might have been a weak individual, he might have been pushed to the breaking point for years or both. Not much bothers you if you do actually have good things in your life and you can take negative comments with a pinch of salt, but not everyone's like that.

Obviously on the flipside you can't make everyone's life perfect all the time and eradicate mean comments. The kid obviously attracted attention with the gay thing and at high school the response isn't that hard to imagine. He can't be blamed for that because who's a socialite master at 15 and knows exactly what to say and not say every day of the year.

So I'll just be here, sitting on my fence... Again.

Last edited by jord (2011-09-28 10:10:02)

Roc18
`

jord wrote:

I can see both sides.

We're all adults here and with a stronger constitution for it. It's easy to say "oh he shoulda just shrugged it off and blocked them" but he might have been a weak individual, he might have been pushed to the breaking point for years or both. Not much bothers you if you do actually have good things in your life and you can take negative comments with a pinch of salt, but not everyone's like that.

Obviously on the flipside you can't make everyone's life perfect all the time and eradicate mean comments. The kid obviously attracted attention with the gay thing and at high school the response isn't that hard to imagine. He can't be blamed for that because who's a socialite master at 15 and knows exactly what to say and not say every day of the year.

>implying there are any socialite masters period
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
Wow, agreeing with lowing over most other posters for once.

Also, I think the kid did need to harden up a bit, but not everyone is like that. People who participate in bullying, cyber or real-world, need to be held accountable for it though.
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.

Roc18 wrote:

jord wrote:

I can see both sides.

>implying there are any socialite masters period
paris hilton

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard