CC-Marley
+407|6820
Kind of bummed after watching that.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

CC-Marley wrote:

It's only the Beta. Plenty of room for improvement.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6489

NeXuS wrote:

Watched. Idk what to say tho.
https://i.imgur.com/KMxAQ.jpg
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684
Why are the Russians speaking English? GAH
CC-Marley
+407|6820

AussieReaper wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

Get rid of the red spot enemy markers.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

CC-Marley wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

Get rid of the red spot enemy markers.
That I agree with.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6645
The best part of Metro:  how it looks in game trailers.

Caspian Sea is going to be the first actual clue about whether or not this game is going to deliver.  I've pretty much written Metro off at this point.

I thought they re-worked it to make it less of a clusterfucking bottleneck goatrope?

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2011-09-27 19:01:03)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Roc18
`
+655|5782|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Why would they lower destruction potential from Bad Company 2 in a game like Battlefield 3? Makes no sense. And I love that grenades near you are easier to see

He is basically repeating what I think Battlefield 3 is going to be like on release day. Bad Company 3, I like how he said it was like Medal of Honor too lol. I wasn't expecting Battlefield 3 to be Battlefield 2 with better graphics or greater, especially after playing the alpha.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
bigger maps. makes plenty of sense?
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Roc18
`

RTHKI wrote:

bigger maps. makes plenty of sense?
Bad Company 2 had huge maps. It doesn't make sense.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5170|Sydney
Guys, this is what's called the "beta version".
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK
its not a beta version in the normal sense though.

The beta actually substitues for the demo (thats what i've read) so you're looking at a near finished product that will be have very little revision.  I doubt the can do much in 1 month so it is effectivley BC3 with a bit of MoH for shits and giggles.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida
tbh I didnt think MoH was that bad.  The maps sucked but the gameplay was pretty awesome.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684
I keep getting booted from servers after like 20 minutes of play. Really annoying. If you're playing as the US on metro, once you push the "Russians" back out of the underground, the fighting reminds me of Berlin (or am I thinking of Stalingrad...?) in 1942.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2011-09-27 20:47:24)

legionair
back to i-life
+336|6615|EU

And no vehicles, at all? Makes me sad...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
Meh, looks like just another shooter.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Chou
+737|6783
Game's being released in 4 weeks and if anyone over there gives a fuck, what are they going to overhaul in this period?

I think CoD got to their heads and this is the result.
Sorry but Dice is losing it.
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

Don't judge a book by it's cover, sorry for the cliche. I haven't played the beta yet (will tomorrow), but you guys have to realize this is not the final version, nor a demo. This is a version of the product that is being used to determine flaws and errors in the game. However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so if DICE had to appease everyone and their opinions, the game would never be released.
Roc18
`
It's Bad Company 3 tbh.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6748|Scotland

What's the point of a beta of Battlefield 3 without any vehicles? That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Also Ryan, stop saying that, because it's just an excuse. Are you telling me that 1 month before its release they are going to, for example, revamp the destruction? No, of course not. This beta is literally to iron out glitching and probably some stupid flaws, but it is close to finalised. What I just find idiotic is they won't supply a map with vehicles. I don't want to play infantry only, that's not what BF3 is.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6701|England. Stoke

Zimmer wrote:

What's the point of a beta of Battlefield 3 without any vehicles? That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Also Ryan, stop saying that, because it's just an excuse. Are you telling me that 1 month before its release they are going to, for example, revamp the destruction? No, of course not. This beta is literally to iron out glitching and probably some stupid flaws, but it is close to finalised. What I just find idiotic is they won't supply a map with vehicles. I don't want to play infantry only, that's not what BF3 is.
Try being accurate with your info before ranting. There are servers playing Caspian Sea with all the vehicles...
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

coke wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Try being accurate with your info before ranting. There are servers playing Caspian Sea with all the vehicles...
Yea, there will be more than just Operation Metro. That map is basically to get a feel for infantry/CQC, whereas Caspian will be about vehicular warfare.

Anyways, what are people complaining about the destruction for? Is there less destruction than BC2? If so, that's strange (and that sucks too )
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
There is less destruction, but the destruction was way over the top in BC2 and I found it often interfere with the maps' balance and pacing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard