Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6751|Cambridge, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

THAT would be imperialism, if we installed a puppet government in their country that took orders from DC.
You did install a puppet govt, they just aren't so good at taking orders.
LOL.

Kind of contrary to puppet really then isn't it.
cdailey2142
Flesh Peddler
+14|5082
I say we kill them all and Take their oil. Gas for everyone at $.25 cent a gallon!
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6734|US
Some posters think we have already done that.  (Shhh, don't let reality break free!)
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6538|Πάϊ
At least lower the price then ye greedy fockers
ƒ³
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6125|eXtreme to the maX
Well thats nice, someone agree with me

Stanley McChrystal wrote:

"We didn't know enough and we still don't know enough," he said. "Most of us - me included - had a very superficial understanding of the situation and history, and we had a frighteningly simplistic view of recent history, the last 50 years," he said.

He added that while the choice to engage in Afghanistan may have been seen as the US acting on its right to defend itself after 9/11, the decision to invade Iraq two years later had both "changed the Muslim world's view of America's effort" and diverted some military resources that could have been put to good use in Afghanistan.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-15209793
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6018|...
uh Dilbert you've been out here for the past few years saying the Afghanistan war is useless, that the methods used in Afghanistan are illegal and that the real enemy is in Pakistan. You're ignorant of the history of Afghanistan, state "the experts agree killing those in charge is counterproductive" and call the war in Iraq illegal.

Your views and those of McChrystal are nothing alike, -at all-.
inane little opines
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5769|شمال
far from goals...
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6430|'Murka

Nothing earth-shattering about McChrystal's comments, tbh.

And they're nothing like your normal, out-of-touch-with-reality rants, Dil.

Beduin wrote:

far from goals...
Taliban out of power.

AQ fragmented and pretty much ineffective.

Representative, elected government in place.

ASF building capability.

Yeah...pretty far from any goals.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
According to my new friend Mr McChrystal Afghanistan is barely half-way there.
So not exactly close, and given the US is hoping to pull out in a year or so I'd say nine years away might as well be forever.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6018|...
1. He didn't say barely
2. Who said there's a need for continued military presence to achieve the remaining goals?
inane little opines
FEOS
+1,182|6430|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

According to my new friend Mr McChrystal Afghanistan is barely half-way there.
So not exactly close, and given the US is hoping to pull out in a year or so I'd say nine years away might as well be forever.
The guy hasn't been there for over a year. He isn't in a position to say how close or far we are from achieving our military goals...since those are the specific goals he mentioned, not the overall goals for the country.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Oh OK, he just sits at home with a rug over his knees watching sitcoms does he?

I'm prepared to accept he has a better idea than us, so I'll listen to what he has to say.
FEOS
+1,182|6430|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Oh OK, he just sits at home with a rug over his knees watching sitcoms does he?

I'm prepared to accept he has a better idea than us, so I'll listen to what he has to say.
Unless he's over there, getting briefed by the commanders on the ground, no. He's not receiving classified information any longer. His source of info today is the news...just like the rest of us. And what his buddies are willing to tell him, which won't be a complete picture.

Of course, his experience is important, and I'm not discounting that. But for him to tell us what it's like today is flawed. He's simply out of the loop.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
This year, last year, ten years on is there much difference?
FEOS
+1,182|6430|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

This year, last year, ten years on is there much difference?
There's a huge difference. If you can't see that, I can't help you.
― Albert Einstein

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6794|Moscow, Russia

FEOS wrote:

Representative, elected government in place.
wat? this is not even funny, man.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6018|...
Whatever you may think of the government, it was elected by the Afghans themselves.

Last edited by Shocking (2011-10-07 05:39:54)

inane little opines
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Shocking wrote:

Whatever you may think of the government, they were elected by the Afghans themselves.
Erm OK....
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6709|Tampa Bay Florida

Shocking wrote:

that the real enemy is in Pakistan. You're ignorant of the history of Afghanistan, state
Uhhhh.... how is that wrong exactly?
FEOS
+1,182|6430|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Shocking wrote:

Whatever you may think of the government, they were elected by the Afghans themselves.
Erm OK....
Go argue with the international election observers who allowed the elections to go forward.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Shame they weren't there for the Bush election eh?
FEOS
+1,182|6430|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Shame they weren't there for the Bush election eh?
They were.
― Albert Einstein

Beduin
+510|5769|شمال
UN-backed survey shows increase in opium production in Afghanistan
Nevertheless, while there has been progress in some counter-narcotics areas, the medium-term indicators for opium production are not positive. According to the Survey, cultivation in 2011 has reached 131,000 hectares compared to 123,000 hectares of the previous two years. The amount of opium produced has risen from 3,600 metric tons in 2010 to 5,800 metric tons in 2011.
Based on the 7 per cent upturn in cultivation indicated in the Survey, production levels may be heading in the direction of previous highs seen before 2010. The 2010 Survey pointed to a drastic decline over previous high production levels due to the opium plant disease that laid waste to poppy production.
Full PDF
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
FEOS
+1,182|6430|'Murka

Yeah. That disease cut 2010 production by like 48%.
― Albert Einstein

Beduin
+510|5769|شمال
what are you saying feos?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard