13rin
+977|6481

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

As said earlier, robbers really don't want to get a murder rap added to the robbery. If you rob something, the police will only search for you for a few hours, and if you get caught you'll only probably only spend a year in prison, and it will be easy to make parole. If you murder someone, you'll need to lay low for weeks, the police will have brought in homicide detectives that will search for any trace of evidence that could link you, and then if you do get caught you'll be in jail for significantly longer. No one wants to add a murder charge to their robbery.
Yea, logical... But after all it is a criminal we're talking about and you presume that a criminal cares about his situation and status in life.  Many don't care and it is an extremely dangerous assumption you're betting your life on.  But you know, robbers never take hostages or have ever shot the clerk.  Never.... "Oh he just walked into the restaurant with a gun... He's just here to hold up the place... Oh Shit... What's he doing?!?!"  Go wiki Luby's massacre.   

Nah, I'd rather wager on myself.  A forcible felony is a forcible felony.  If a criminal is pointing a gun at someone and I can do something to intervene, I believe I will if possible.  You can go on and play the 'internet tough guy' card on me now.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

To pharmacist Jeremy Hoven, it was a prescription for trouble. So he filled it with hot lead.
The news reporting in the US really leaves a lot to be desired.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

AussieReaper wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

To pharmacist Jeremy Hoven, it was a prescription for trouble. So he filled it with hot lead.
it used to be a helluva lot better than the infotainment ego-stroke hour that it has become.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5966|London, England

Id watch that movie
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6782|Great Brown North
i like assuming unstable armed people aren't going to hurt me while they rob me
CC-Marley
+407|6830
Oxycontin addicts are usually very reasonable with their actions.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX
He broke policy, he got fired.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6661|BC, Canada

SEREMAKER wrote:

I love statics since statistically showing that they went would have taken what they want and been on their merry way

oh but wait .............. since its not 100% that means people have gotten hurt/killed in situations like that ..................... could always ask up front if the criminal is going to hurt/kill you and/or the customers so that way you could act appropriate
Maybe a statistic about the percentage of  innocent people that got hurt in a robbery where the people being robbed complied, vs one with the percentage of innocent people who got hurt when the people getting robbed opened fire.
I don't give a fuck about robbers getting shot or anything, not overly concerned about the clerk that brings a gun to work against company policy either, I am concerned about the welfare of the innocent people in the store.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

There are also security companies that forbid people from carrying while on the job. Guess how many people ignore that under the assumption that if they have to shoot, they'll (hopefully) still be alive regardless of having lost their job.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6413|'Murka

AussieReaper wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

And this is clearly an example of all news reporting in the US...

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

There are also security companies that forbid people from carrying while on the job. Guess how many people ignore that under the assumption that if they have to shoot, they'll (hopefully) still be alive regardless of having lost their job.
Walgreen's is totally within their rights to fire him. But considering how many robberies we've had that have gone the way of "put everyone in the back room and execute them," I can't say I blame the guy for doing what he did...assuming he was legally carrying. If so, newb's point is a good one. He may be looking for a job (and he'll likely find one easily with this notoriety), but at least he's not worm food...nor is anyone else at the store.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England

FEOS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Walgreen's is totally within their rights to fire him. But considering how many robberies we've had that have gone the way of "put everyone in the back room and execute them," I can't say I blame the guy for doing what he did...assuming he was legally carrying. If so, newb's point is a good one. He may be looking for a job (and he'll likely find one easily with this notoriety), but at least he's not worm food...nor is anyone else at the store.
How many is that FEOS? Gee, I can't remember a single incident like that outside of the movies...
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6413|'Murka

Jay wrote:

FEOS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

How many is that FEOS? Gee, I can't remember a single incident like that outside of the movies...
A recent one from your neck of the woods:

BROOKHAVEN, N.Y. — Talk about absolutely senseless. Police are looking for a man who walked into a New York pharmacy on Father’s Day and then shot four people to death before leaving with prescription drugs.

Police were called to Haven Drugs after someone called about hearing gunshots around 10:30 Sunday morning. Inside police would find Raymond Ferguson, 45, and Jennifer Mejia, 17, who both worked for the pharmacy, as well as customers Bryon Sheffield, 71, and Jamie Taccetta, 33. They were all shot dead, execution style.
Speaks to how commonly murder is associated with armed robbery:
The findings are significant because armed-robbery murder is one of the most prevalent capital crimes in Georgia.
Execution-style murders associated with armed robberies:
http://www.ajc.com/news/forsyth/final-s … 07684.html
http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=236396
http://www.thehour.com/story/496014
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/2 … tal-murder
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-m … 9999.story

There are more...these are just ones that are linked to establishments and where the murders were "execution style." Others are home invasions or muggings. Google is your friend, Jay.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
People do stupid shit to steal shit. Some kid got stabbed in sydney over 50 cents...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
I think the guy had a right to fire at them. He said the robber pulled the trigger multiple times, but the gun jammed. For all he knew the robber could have ran outside and gotten another pistol.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD
amazing how many people here would get on their knees and beg Mr. Robber to not hurt them
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

amazing how many people here would get on their knees and beg Mr. Robber to not hurt them
It has more to do with not being willing to die for someone elses money.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Jay wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

It has more to do with not being willing to die for someone elses money.
BUT YOU SERVED IN IRAQ HUR DUR NO OIL FOR WAR.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
HITNRUNXX
+220|6711|Oklahoma City

Jay wrote:

FEOS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It was a long time ago, but the most gruesome one I know of offhand was in OKC in 1978. I believe it was dubbed the "Steakhouse Murders." That was exactly what happened. Rounded them up in the meat locker and executed them all off. It happens outside of movies, just not horribly common.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6711|Oklahoma City

Superior Mind wrote:

I think the guy had a right to fire at them. He said the robber pulled the trigger multiple times, but the gun jammed. For all he knew the robber could have ran outside and gotten another pistol.
He had the right to fire at him. Only he did NOT have the right to be carrying a gun at the time.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6711|Oklahoma City

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Exactly... They do it against policy, with full knowing that if they get caught, they probably won't have a job. But they will still be alive. This is the same thing. Walgreen's SHOULD fire him for breaking a policy that probably says something like "Resulting in termination" on it. But he is still alive.
13rin
+977|6481

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

He had the right to fire at him. Only he did NOT have the right to be carrying a gun at the time.
Sure he did.  One's second amendment rights shouldn't end when you go to work.  I'm glad he was able to explain his actions rather than being dead.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13rin
+977|6481

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Jay wrote:

FEOS wrote:

It was a long time ago, but the most gruesome one I know of offhand was in OKC in 1978. I believe it was dubbed the "Steakhouse Murders." That was exactly what happened. Rounded them up in the meat locker and executed them all off. It happens outside of movies, just not horribly common.
wiki luby's massacre.

*the kicker of it is that a lady (now Representative) left her gun in her glove box intentionally so that she'd be following the law.

FF to 5:20 in

Last edited by 13rin (2011-09-14 11:06:28)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

13rin wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Sure he did.  One's second amendment rights shouldn't end when you go to work.  I'm glad he was able to explain his actions rather than being dead.
Uhh, yeah, they should. If I own a business, I get to choose whether guns are permissible on my property or not. Or do you not respect property law now?
-Frederick Bastiat
HITNRUNXX
+220|6711|Oklahoma City

13rin wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Sure they do. He is on someone else's property. They have the right to tell you that you are not allowed to carry guns on their property. If you don't agree, go somewhere else.

I have every right to tell people that they are not allowed to bring guns into my house or into my business. Their rights don't overwrite mine. They aren't being forced to be on my property.
13rin
+977|6481

Jay wrote:

13rin wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Uhh, yeah, they should. If I own a business, I get to choose whether guns are permissible on my property or not. Or do you not respect property law now?
Didn't you at one time say that a person never truly owns their land/property?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard