Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5612|USA
http://news.yahoo.com/britains-rioters- … 16141.html

"Nobody is doing nothing for us"

Quoted from a rioter in London. You guys do offer "free" school and "free" social safety nets right? What more entitlements, handouts, freebie's etc, do they expect from the earners and producers in England? Sounds like this is way more than violently protesting against the treatment of a drug dealer.
BlAiR_AgaiN
Member
+12|5306|Slovenia
One article pretty much sums it all up
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic … ouths.html
TLDR version: read the headline.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|4960|...
"Britain is bitterly divided on the reasons behind the riots. Some blame the unrest on opportunistic criminality"

That is, in fact, the reason. It's not organised at all and there's little reason to riot, if any. They're just rioting because they can.

inane little opines
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,760|5114|what

lowing wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/britains-rioters-young-poor-disillusioned-192716141.html

"Nobody is doing nothing for us"

Quoted from a rioter in London. You guys do offer "free" school and "free" social safety nets right? What more entitlements, handouts, freebie's etc, do they expect from the earners and producers in England? Sounds like this is way more than violently protesting against the treatment of a drug dealer.
C'mon lowing, you should at least tell us they are all lazy welfare recipients too.

You didn't get all your talking points out there.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,734|5067|eXtreme to the maX
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/op … 6112640970
THE riots in London and elsewhere in Britain are a backhanded tribute to the long-term intellectual torpor, moral cowardice, incompetence and careerist opportunism of the British political and intellectual class.
They have somehow managed not to notice what has long been apparent to anyone who has taken a short walk with his eyes open down any frequented British street: that a considerable proportion of the country's young population (a proportion that is declining) is ugly, aggressive, vicious, badly educated, uncouth and criminally inclined.

Unfortunately, while it is totally lacking in self-respect, it is full of self-esteem: that is to say, it believes itself entitled to a high standard of living, and other things, without any effort on its own part.

Consider for a moment the following: although youth unemployment in Britain is very high, that is to say about 20 per cent of those aged under 25, the country has had to import young foreign labour for a long time, even for unskilled work in the service sector.

The reasons for this seeming paradox are obvious to anyone who knows young Britons as I do.

No sensible employer in a service industry would choose a young Briton if he could have a young Pole; the young Pole is not only likely to have a good work ethic and refined manners, he is likely to be able to add up and -- most humiliating of all -- to speak better English than the Briton, at least if by that we mean the standard variety of the language. He may not be more fluent but his English will be more correct and his accent easier to understand.

This is not an exaggeration. After compulsory education (or perhaps I should say intermittent attendance at school) up to the age of 16 costing $80,000 a head, about one-quarter of British children cannot read with facility or do simple arithmetic. It makes you proud to be a British taxpayer.

I think I can say with a fair degree of certainty, from my experience as a doctor in one of the areas in which a police station has just been burned down, that half of those rioting would reply to the question, "Can you do arithmetic?" by answering, "What is arithmetic?"

British youth leads the Western world in almost all aspects of social pathology, from teenage pregnancy to drug taking, from drunkenness to violent criminality. There is no form of bad behaviour that our version of the welfare state has not sought out and subsidised.

British children are much likelier to have a television in their bedroom than a father living at home. One-third of them never eat a meal at a table with another member of their household -- family is not the word for the social arrangements of the people in the areas from which the rioters mainly come. They are therefore radically unsocialised and deeply egotistical, viewing relations with other human beings in the same way as Lenin: Who whom, who does what to whom. By the time they grow up, they are destined not only for unemployment but unemployability.

For young women in much of Britain, dependence does not mean dependence on the government: that, for them, is independence. Dependence means any kind of reliance on the men who have impregnated them who, of course, regard their own subventions from the state as pocket money, to be supplemented by a little light trafficking. (According to his brother, Mark Duggan, the man whose death at the hands of the probably incompetent police allegedly sparked the riots, "was involved in things", which things being delicately left to the imagination of his interlocutor.)
Relatively poor as the rioting sector of society is, it nevertheless possesses all the electronic equipment necessary for the prosecution of the main business of life; that is to say, entertainment by popular culture. And what a culture British popular culture is!

Perhaps Amy Winehouse was its finest flower and its truest representative in her militant and ideological vulgarity, her stupid taste, her vile personal conduct and preposterous self-pity.

Her sordid life was a long bath in vomitus, literal and metaphorical, for which the exercise of her very minor talent was no excuse or explanation. Yet not a peep of dissent from our intelllectual class was heard after her near canonisation after her death, that class having long had the backbone of a mollusc.

Criminality is scarcely repressed any more in Britain. The last lord chief justice but two thought that burglary was a minor offence, not worthy of imprisonment, and the next chief justice agreed with him.

By the age of 12, an ordinary slum-dweller has learned he has nothing to fear from the law and the only people to fear are those who are stronger or more ruthless than he.

Punishments are derisory; the police are simultaneously bullying but ineffectual and incompetent, increasingly dressed in paraphernalia that makes them look more like the occupiers of Afghanistan than the force imagined by Robert Peel. The people who most fear our police are the innocent.

Of course, none of this reduces the personal responsibility of the rioters. But the riots are a manifestation of a society in full decomposition, of a people with neither leaders nor followers but composed only of egotists.
Britain now has a huge intractable underclass. They've been given too much, had it too easy, and learned they don't need to work, can do whatever they want without any consequence.

Also every chav thinks he's going to be a millionaire footballer or the next Noel Gallagher, without understanding those paths require work too.

That and scum have been imported as some kind of social project....
#FreeBritney
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5612|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/britains-rioters-young-poor-disillusioned-192716141.html

"Nobody is doing nothing for us"

Quoted from a rioter in London. You guys do offer "free" school and "free" social safety nets right? What more entitlements, handouts, freebie's etc, do they expect from the earners and producers in England? Sounds like this is way more than violently protesting against the treatment of a drug dealer.
C'mon lowing, you should at least tell us they are all lazy welfare recipients too.

You didn't get all your talking points out there.
Well gee Aussie, I kinda thought that was understood but if it wasn't . From the article-----> "As the government battles colossal government debt with harsh welfare cuts that promise to make the futures of these youths even bleaker"

Anyone that is hanging their hat on social welfare is lazy, and if they decide to steal not food, but Ipads and such, then they are pieces of shit as well.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,734|5067|eXtreme to the maX
Years of liberal dogma have spawned a generation of amoral, uneducated, welfare dependent, brutalised youngsters
I'd agree with that.
#FreeBritney
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|4711|شمال
whats wrong with the thread in EE? Use that!
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|5432
i love how americans get so pissy whenever euros talk with 'authority' about their own society... but the first 4-5 posts in this thread are non-british people linking shitrag sources to tell us british people what's wrong with our country. okay then. d&st as normal, carry on. by the way thanks for your definitive judgement shocking, it's always nice to know that some 19 year old european guy has our shit on lock. go back to school.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|4960|...
Oh so it's not opportunistic criminality? Please enlighten me then as to what their motives are. It really is just a mob of people going around looting.
inane little opines
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|5432

Shocking wrote:

Oh so it's not opportunistic criminality? Please enlighten me then as to what their motives are. It really is just a mob of people going around looting.
i have said time and time again that it is an issue/problem of huge complexity that cannot be explained any one single way, so your blanket statements look to me like the work of a feeble mind trying to cope with a complicated issue. please refrain from posting.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|4960|...

Uzique wrote:

i love how americans get so pissy whenever euros talk with 'authority' about their own society...
You're acting in exactly the same way here. "Hurr you don't live here you're not in a position to have an opinion"

You know that there's no motive whatsoever for their actions. They hijacked the death of a coke dealer and started raiding shops and burning cars. You think the average chav throwing stones at riot police actually contemplates what he's doing? "fighting for a cause"?

Uzique wrote:

i have said time and time again that it is an issue/problem of huge complexity that cannot be explained any one single way, so your blanket statements look to me like the work of a feeble mind trying to cope with a complicated issue. please refrain from posting.
This "immense complexity" is not at all present in the motives of the rioters. Perhaps in the cause which is a set of social issues piled upon eachother, that and police mismanagement of the situation.

Last edited by Shocking (2011-08-11 04:46:26)

inane little opines
Cheeky_Ninja06
Member
+52|5694|Cambridge, England
Seriously?

Spontaneous nationwide rioting on the back of a recession has absolutely no cause and is merely co-incidental?

Load of bollocks its been brewing for ages and the drug dealer was the spark. Also had an outbreak a few months back in Bristol over nothing.

Last edited by Cheeky_Ninja06 (2011-08-11 04:58:04)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,760|5114|what

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/britains-rioters-young-poor-disillusioned-192716141.html

"Nobody is doing nothing for us"

Quoted from a rioter in London. You guys do offer "free" school and "free" social safety nets right? What more entitlements, handouts, freebie's etc, do they expect from the earners and producers in England? Sounds like this is way more than violently protesting against the treatment of a drug dealer.
C'mon lowing, you should at least tell us they are all lazy welfare recipients too.

You didn't get all your talking points out there.
Well gee Aussie, I kinda thought that was understood but if it wasn't . From the article-----> "As the government battles colossal government debt with harsh welfare cuts that promise to make the futures of these youths even bleaker"

Anyone that is hanging their hat on social welfare is lazy, and if they decide to steal not food, but Ipads and such, then they are pieces of shit as well.
Annnnnnnnnnnd there it is. "These guys are lazy because they rely on welfare."

I don't understand how you can honestly believe such crap. There are people who are actively looking for work and doing volunteer work without pay, to be in a position to receive a lot of this welfare. But go right ahead and think that oh if only they weren't lazy they'd land a job instantly, regardless of how the British economy is going.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|5432

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

Seriously?

Spontaneous nationwide rioting on the back of a recession has absolutely no cause and is merely co-incidental?

Load of bollocks its been brewing for ages and the drug dealer was the spark. Also had an outbreak a few months back in Bristol over nothing.
the outbreak in bristol was actually in a bohemian-arty area over a really hated tesco express store in their neighbourhood

(they were sold out of granola bars)
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,734|5067|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique wrote:

i love how americans get so pissy whenever euros talk with 'authority' about their own society... but the first 4-5 posts in this thread are non-british people linking shitrag sources to tell us british people what's wrong with our country. okay then. d&st as normal, carry on. by the way thanks for your definitive judgement shocking, it's always nice to know that some 19 year old european guy has our shit on lock. go back to school.
I'm British, as well as Australian.

But I agree, the Telegraph has gone downhill of late.
#FreeBritney
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,734|5067|eXtreme to the maX

AussieReaper wrote:

Annnnnnnnnnnd there it is. "These guys are lazy because they rely on welfare."

I don't understand how you can honestly believe such crap. There are people who are actively looking for work and doing volunteer work without pay, to be in a position to receive a lot of this welfare. But go right ahead and think that oh if only they weren't lazy they'd land a job instantly, regardless of how the British economy is going.
You're unfamiliar with the British welfare system and the feral trash who populate sink estates, many of whom are third or fourth generation unemployed.

Not to say everyone on welfare is lazy or trash.
#FreeBritney
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|4960|...

Uzique wrote:

nope, i've just filled a 30-page rioting thread with mature, considered responses.

you wade in with "there are no reasons, fact".

you're being obtuse and stupid, as always. go read the proper thread if you want some proper feedback on your inane little opines.
Oh really now? Aren't you cute. In fact I have read at least the first 15 pages of that thread in which you argued that burning down a shop equates to burning down a symbol of capitalism in the rioters' minds. That is absolute shit. As is stating that "they have no way out" of their situations and are pushed in that position because of government cuts. There is more social mobility than ever, and more opportunity given to people to succeed nowadays than there has EVER been. I have no compassion to spare for the little shits that go around looting, destroying shops and other people's lives because of some directionless anger (as you put it). They have no respect for others or their possessions, no respect for authority and no goal in life. The last of which is to be blamed on no other group of people than themselves.

Why don't they pursue education? Why don't THEY try to work themselves out of the mess they are in without expecting others to hold out their hands and help them? Where did personal responsibility go? It's hilarious that in a society where rights and safety nets for the poorest have continually increased and expanded you argue that they're rioting because there's not enough. Honestly, fuck that. Granted their social surroundings are shit, their parents haven't raised them properly and their local schools were most likely lacking in quality. I don't however see any of these circumstances as being reasons for people to abandon all sense of morality and start throwing stones at shops. There's ample of opportunities for them to get out, they're just not willing to accept them. You think throwing more money in their direction will solve anything at all? Sentimental crap, nothing more.

For once stop being a condescending fuck and get off your pedestal. In what sort of a position are you to continually talk down on others? Jay is completely right in calling you an unpleasant little man. You are, by any standard. It's also hilarious that you're calling me as being "obtuse and stupid as always" while you yourself have rarely added anything of value to any discussion apart from lengthy eloquent writings. Looking at your actual argumentation it is nothing more than a pile of steaming shit, as always. Most of the time you're not even capable of showing a little civility in your writings, more often than not resorting to petty insults. I guess you're not good for much besides engaging in monologues. You're a real intellectual powerhouse Uzique.

Last edited by Shocking (2011-08-11 06:27:20)

inane little opines
Cheeky_Ninja06
Member
+52|5694|Cambridge, England
Is being a lazy little shit genetic?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4319|London, England

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

Is being a lazy little shit genetic?
No, it's environmental.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
tuckergustav
...
+1,590|4875|...

Just trying to see if I can keep this somewhat on track as an argument between two people that passionately disagree and not as an argument about the personal and intellectual traits of the other person.
...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4319|London, England
g'luck
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cheeky_Ninja06
Member
+52|5694|Cambridge, England

Jay wrote:

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

Is being a lazy little shit genetic?
No, it's environmental.
Then it is difficult to argue that society is not an influence..

The rioters are no different to anybody else except for their environment. Pretty telling?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|5651|Tampa Bay Florida
So what is this "chav" phenomenon you guys constantly talk about and I see everywhere on the internet.  Dont want to be insensitive here but is that just you guys' way of saying white trash?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,268|5677

Spearhead wrote:

So what is this "chav" phenomenon you guys constantly talk about and I see everywhere on the internet.  Dont want to be insensitive here but is that just you guys' way of saying white trash?
white trash wiggers

https://jcr.chu.cam.ac.uk/ents/Churchill%20JCR%20Ents%20-%20WordPress/jcr.chu.cam.ac.uk/ents/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/chav.bmp
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard