coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6760|England. Stoke

justice wrote:

Yeah I guess....Has Cameron appeared on TV yet?
He was on this morning.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6521
yeah. total crap. same with clegg. same with johnson. no leadership. no role models. tara.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5409|London, England
Why hasn't the queen set her dogs loose on the villains?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6792|OctoLand
lol just saw Cleggs speach on the world news...What a plebe.

Didn't realise just how much it has escalated in Liverpool and Manchester, looks as bad as London.
I know fucking karate
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6760|England. Stoke
https://www.corgicorner.com/images/flyingcorgi.jpg
Trained Royal attack Corgi
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5636

Why would any footballer want to even be associated with the rioters? Would you really want people to think of you as the face of the rioter crowd?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6760|England. Stoke

Macbeth wrote:

Why would any footballer want to even be associated with the rioters? Would you really want people to think of you as the face of the rioter crowd?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6548

coke wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

he doesn't understand the Queen's English.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6792|OctoLand

Macbeth wrote:

Not really how it works, what I meant was a lot of the footballers came from the same towns and even same estates as a lot of these youths, and the youths still idolize them and don't resent them for their money, football and music is their lives.
I know fucking karate
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5636

justice wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Not really how it works, what I meant was a lot of the footballers came from the same towns and even same estates as a lot of these youths, and the youths still idolize them and don't resent them for their money, football and music is their lives.
I know that. I'm just saying it kinda degrades the 'brand' a little. I don't think Jordan's brand would have benefited if he got on TV and asked people to stop killing each other during the LA riots.

People associate things and remember events in weird ways. You get what I'm saying right?

Right?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6551|so randum
http://content.met.police.uk/News/Updat … 7246745756

good

important bit;

Does the law protect me? What is 'reasonable force'?

Anyone can use reasonable force to protect themselves or others, or to carry out an arrest or to prevent crime. You are not expected to make fine judgements over the level of force you use in the heat of the moment. So long as you only do what you honestly and instinctively believe is necessary in the heat of the moment that would be the strongest evidence of you acting lawfully and in self-defence. This is still the case if you use something to hand as a weapon.
As a general rule, the more extreme the circumstances and the fear felt, the more force you can lawfully use in self-defence.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6768|Riva, MD

FatherTed wrote:

http://content.met.police.uk/News/Update-and-advice-for-businesses/1260269396125/1257246745756

good

important bit;

Anyone can use reasonable force to protect themselves or others, or to carry out an arrest or to prevent crime. You are not expected to make fine judgements over the level of force you use in the heat of the moment. So long as you only do what you honestly and instinctively believe is necessary in the heat of the moment that would be the strongest evidence of you acting lawfully and in self-defence. This is still the case if you use something to hand as a weapon.
As a general rule, the more extreme the circumstances and the fear felt, the more force you can lawfully use in self-defence.
That's really not that definitive at all imo

Since nobody can tell your feelings

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-08-09 19:01:10)

Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6793|London

FatherTed wrote:

http://content.met.police.uk/News/Update-and-advice-for-businesses/1260269396125/1257246745756

good

important bit;

but the customer is always right so
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6551|so randum
i wonder how they're going to work around all the cells in london being full
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6700|Washington DC

EE Chat can be found in another thread in this forum ... please keep this thread on-topic.  Thanks.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FatherTed wrote:

Reopen the Tower I say.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5753|College Park, MD

FatherTed wrote:

put sharks in the thames
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6823|PNW

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

put sharks in the thames
With laser beams attached to their heads.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

put sharks in the thames
With laser beams attached to their heads.
Now you're just being silly. Reported to OH.
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6204|what

This isn't EE chat, noobie.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6700

bennisboy wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Its not football firms.

It's stupid;
groups of Turks protecting the mainly Turkish community of Dalston = Heroes
Sikhs protecting Southall (mainly Sikh area) = Heroes
White men protecting Enfield and Millwall (white areas) = everyone on twitter calls them racist...
Why is anyone calling them racist? I'd expect most people would be proud that some people are standing up for themselves.
Because it's a group of white people with only a few non-white people with them, ergo they must be racist.

Fucking bollocks
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/fed-residents- … 25198.html

Actually having seen that, I can sort of see why people are saying that. Whilst the Sikhs come across as being civilised and sensible, the white dudes just sound like football hooligans. And the EDL are getting involved, never missing out on an opportunity to beat some none-white people.
13rin
+977|6530
So what exactly are the rioters trying to accomplish?  When all is said and done who is going to rebuild?  The rioters or the people that they're rioting against?

Give the shop owners mp5s.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6817|UK
They aren't rioters, they are looters.

They have realised the cops are unprepared for things like this so are taking advantage of it. Its basically all the criminals coming out of the wood work.

Last edited by Vilham (2011-08-10 05:47:51)

13rin
+977|6530
Hmmm...

That's kinda sad.  Reminds me of the LA and Tampa Riots over police brutality. 

I wonder if the law abiding populous was armed, if this would be over by now.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6551|so randum
given the state of some of the rioters (drunk, young, retarded) i'm rather happy they don't have general access to firearms tbqh.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard