HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City

SEREMAKER wrote:

chinese parts ... put together in america
So you are telling me the leather didn't come from an American Cow, born and raised in America, fed by Americans, slaughtered by Americans, skinned by Americans, and America'ed by Americans in America?

Snake Oil Salesman.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

SEREMAKER wrote:

by mexicans no doubt
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California
So...

What DOES America make?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

-Sh1fty- wrote:

So...

What DOES America make?
easy for the swiss to invade us?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6569|Mountains of NC

HITNRUNXX wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

So you are telling me the leather didn't come from an American Cow, born and raised in America, fed by Americans, slaughtered by Americans, skinned by Americans, and America'ed by Americans in America?

Snake Oil Salesman.
Yep, you can thank the EPA on that one

probably 90% of tanneries have closed down because of them

I can sell ice to an eskimo in december
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD
I think it's gonna be damn near impossible to find 100% American (that is, the parts/resources were all sourced in the US by American companies) products now. A business might still manufacture in the US but they'll probably get resources from outside the US because they're so much cheaper.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

I've got saddles that are 100% american made

also belts ( ironically I compete at the same price as the chinese couterpart I sell, I just don't have the man power to do heavy volume )
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

If a salesman told you that particular item you're interested in ... is hand-made .... would you expect the price to be the same as its factory made twin
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5037|Massachusetts, USA

SEREMAKER wrote:

If a salesman told you that particular item you're interested in ... is hand-made .... would you expect the price to be the same as its factory made twin
Price for sure would be higher.

Do people expect it to be higher? No, they want things for as cheap as possible and then bitch about it either way.

We have craftsmen tools in our store now and you can definitely tell the difference between the ones made in china and the ones made in the US. US quality is MUCH higher, prices are a few bucks more though.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Commie Killer
+192|6388

UnkleRukus wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Price for sure would be higher.

Do people expect it to be higher? No, they want things for as cheap as possible and then bitch about it either way.

We have craftsmen tools in our store now and you can definitely tell the difference between the ones made in china and the ones made in the US. US quality is MUCH higher, prices are a few bucks more though.
Chinese doesn't always equal shit quality. Dewalt is made in China I believe, on power tools I buy anymore. Stihl used to be german, I believe they are made in the US now. Either way their quality is shit. Still using a 042AV that I inherited from my grandfather. Things gotta be 30 years old but still runs strong. Blew through like 4 of the newer saws (and I'm talking the professional use logger models).
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6559|Hungary
I bought an Element skateboard whats knows as an American brand. After unpacking what do i see?
Made In China

A few months later i buy a Hook Ups skateboard what always had "MADE IN AMERICA" or "MADE IN USA" written below their logos. What do i see?
Made In Mexico

WTF?!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Products made by the Chinese are generally shit.
Products made by western companies designed by western engineers in factories run by western managers with chinese just used as labour aren't too bad, but the chinese are rapidly catching up.

They've gone through the kill the opposition through cost, now they're improving quality slowly, and have allowed western companies to pay to teach tem everything.

The laws are very slack, if you transfer an item from one package to another and put a sticker on it that can count as 'made in..'
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Dilbert_X wrote:

Products made by the Chinese are generally shit.
Products made by western companies designed by western engineers in factories run by western managers with chinese just used as labour aren't too bad, but the chinese are rapidly catching up.

They've gone through the kill the opposition through cost, now they're improving quality slowly, and have allowed western companies to pay to teach tem everything.

The laws are very slack, if you transfer an item from one package to another and put a sticker on it that can count as 'made in..'
Depends on the IP laws of certain countries, some places require you only to have X% made in country to be called "made in awsmwhiteland" instead of "made in yellowmonkeyland"
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
rdx-fx
+955|6592
Buying a quality pair of $200+ boots, versus a cheap Chinese pair of $75 boots, is a no-brainer.

Halfway up a mountain, 300 miles from nowhere, is not where you want your boots to fall apart.

Buy quality equipment, take care of your gear - and it will take care of you.

To put it another way, which is a better value?  A $200 pair of boots that lasts 20 years, or a $75 pair of boots that lasts 1 year?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
If someone has $100 to spend on boots, their choice is no boots or cheap boots.

Cheap costs more in the long run, the Chinese haven't learnt this yet and the throwaway society has unlearned this.
Its up to you to educate your customers one by one I guess.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City

Dilbert_X wrote:

If someone has $100 to spend on boots, their choice is no boots or cheap boots.

Cheap costs more in the long run, the Chinese haven't learnt this yet and the throwaway society has unlearned this.
Its up to you to educate your customers one by one I guess.
I don't know about that... I bought a nice pair of R.J. Colt boots several years ago and wore them everyday for about 5 years. They were still physically in good shape when I quit wearing them, they just looked rough. I only paid $40ish for them.

Oh ok, so I bought them from a place that was going out of business, and they were normally $400... But still... I got them under $100.

I need to go look for sales now. See ya!
Benzin
+576|5999
Always pay for quality. Save up the extra money and wait, because it will save you nothing but headaches in the future.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City

CapnNismo wrote:

Always pay for quality. Save up the extra money and wait, because it will save you nothing but headaches in the future.
This is an instant gratification society. Don't save up, charge up. Go into severe debt for that quality. Pay interest on your boots. Duh.
Benzin
+576|5999
Well you have that in the USA, but it's a very different society here in Europe (thankfully).
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

CapnNismo wrote:

Well you have that in the USA, but it's a very different society here in Europe (thankfully).
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6000|...
It's mostly exactly the same. The differences between the US and western Europe are few.

Last edited by Shocking (2011-10-18 13:27:54)

inane little opines
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

American culture is mostly a derivative of British culture with bits of other European cultures thrown in. It's funny how hard we try to divide and separate ourselves from each other when we are very a like. Compare our new world and European cultures with something like Indian, Chinese, or Middle eastern culture if you want a study in cultural differences.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City

CapnNismo wrote:

Actually, he is correct...

US average credit card debt = $8,400

British average credit card debt = $5,000

European average credit card debt = $2,400

So the Brits are most like us, but all of Europe is well below us in average debt...
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

HITNRUNXX wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

So the Brits are most like us, but all of Europe is well below us in average debt...
Consider debt as % of income.

But their governments is way more in debt
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
HITNRUNXX
+220|6710|Oklahoma City

Cybargs wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Consider debt as % of income.

But their governments is way more in debt
Oh good point...

(These numbers vary some depending on source, but the most accurate source I could find was from the World Bank in 2005.)

(All converted to US dollars)

US average individual income = $56,400

British average individual income = $41,200

European average individual income = $28,600

So using those numbers:

US = 14.8%

Britain = 12.1%

Europe = 8.4%

... SO that didn't really turn out like I expected, and it still fits into Nismo's argument.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard