Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

Do you guys really think it's a coincidence that the admins have decided to try cleaning things up a bit only months before the release of BF3?
There hasn't really been a lot of reasons for new members to join BF2s lately (and given the reception they get it's not surprising that few have tried) but you can bet that with BF3 coming out there will be a fair number of people wanting to have discussions regarding new maps, weapons and tactics.
Maybe the admins are just trying to ensure that they actually get the opportunity to do so without being abused to the point where they decide to go somewhere else.
Those of you who don't think BF3 will attract a crapload of prospective new members might want to try and remember what this forum was like 6 years ago.
Keep pushing it OH.
With any luck the release of BF3 will give members something a bit more interesting to talk about than each others shortcomings.
The BF3 thread has had more action (over 200 pages already) than any other area of this entire forum recently. Think about what might happen when there are 50 000 people with some input instead of just those in the alpha trial.
Keep an eye on what happens when the open beta starts up.

Something to consider : it may be that the (small) current core group of posting members is no longer the top priority for those running this site.
That may not be the case, but it certainly makes financial sense if it is.
It may be that attracting and catering for the interests of a much larger group of prospective new members will trump the desires of a small group of members who want to maintain the poor standards of conduct that have become the norm.
"makes financial sense"? hooooly shit you really think bf3's release is going to turn bf2s into a profit-making site again?

utterly delusional. get over it.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom

Macbeth wrote:

It's hard to defend the community aspect of bf2s when the community cannibalizes and pushes out long time members all the time. Every so often you'll see the hivemind target particular members until the person quits or gets banned. ATG, Turq, Floppy, Haibai, Flaming_Maniac, Mek etc.
macbeth, you are the defender of the unliked.
Tu Stultus Es
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5037|Massachusetts, USA
ATG was a cock, Turq was an idiot, Floppy was useless. HaiBai wasn't bad, FM was meh. I say good riddence to the first 3, and H/J. He isn't missed either.

Frankly trimming the fat was a good idea. Less cockups in the long run.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
id like to take credit for turq disappearing.  and this forum went to shit as soon as you let atg become mod.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
and we were all just fucking with mek.  nobody dislikes him
Tu Stultus Es
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5037|Massachusetts, USA
I kinda miss mokstozzle
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
we all miss mek
Tu Stultus Es
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

eleven bravo wrote:

we all miss mek
RIP Mek
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6650|Washington DC

eleven bravo wrote:

id like to take credit for turq disappearing.  and this forum went to shit as soon as you let atg become mod.
ATG was a mistake ... we've had several mods that haven't worked out well.  But, I don't think any of these rogue mods are responsible for the condition of BF2s.

And, this is one of my points:  I am not going to tolerate abusive mods any longer.  If they cannot be polite and respectful to the members, then they will be replaced.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
mods have a responsibility as part of their role to be respectful. that's fair enough. but i think when the community is so far advanced into individual cliques and little year-long relationships between each member, being so protective and draconian is kind of pointless.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

OrangeHound wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

ATG was a mistake ... we've had several mods that haven't worked out well.  But, I don't think any of these rogue mods are responsible for the condition of BF2s.

And, this is one of my points:  I am not going to tolerate abusive mods any longer.  If they cannot be polite and respectful to the members, then they will be replaced.
worst mod was trigger happy lol. psycho motherfucker.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
OrangeHound

Uzique wrote:

... being so protective and draconian is kind of pointless.
This is not about protection, but about following the rules of the house you are in.  If momma says don't put your feet on the table when you are at her house, then don't put your feet on the table.

This forum has rules that says to show respect toward other members.  It is as simple as that. 

(That doesn't mean that you can't rib other members or jerk the strings of friends, but it had better be clear from the context )
OrangeHound

Cybargs wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

You don't know the half of it ... he made ATG look like the fairy princess.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

OrangeHound wrote:

ATG did that for himself, lol.

ok, this thread and the other (http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=143667) is there something you*re going to spring on us?

and something semi-related, how does usmarine get banned 1/2 after logging in?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

OrangeHound wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

I've heard enough lol. Didn't he go nuts for Kimmy and there was some drama on kimmy's forum and then he banned chuy from it and later on bit kimmy's ear or some shit.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
OrangeHound

@cybargs ... Yes, Trigger was dating Kimmy and he went Elin Nordegren on her (don't know why).  But, he also went postal on BF2s after a group of mods objected to his treatment of a member.  That led to his eventual "dismissal".

@Burnzz ... nothing is really "up", I'm just addressing dozens of PMs that I get ... marine can't follow simple rules that are posted as announcements.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
I remembered him banning a mod (SAS Lynx?) for no reason at all and he was inactive...

in other news: free marine
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

eleven bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

It's hard to defend the community aspect of bf2s when the community cannibalizes and pushes out long time members all the time. Every so often you'll see the hivemind target particular members until the person quits or gets banned. ATG, Turq, Floppy, Haibai, Flaming_Maniac, Mek etc.
I liked them. ATG, Turq and FM especially.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
i liked fm.  turq was a moron and ofcourse you would like atg
Tu Stultus Es
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6175|Sydney | ♥

OrangeHound wrote:

Uzique wrote:

... being so protective and draconian is kind of pointless.
This is not about protection, but about following the rules of the house you are in.  If momma says don't put your feet on the table when you are at her house, then don't put your feet on the table.

This forum has rules that says to show respect toward other members.  It is as simple as that. 

(That doesn't mean that you can't rib other members or jerk the strings of friends, but it had better be clear from the context )
https://i.imgur.com/BtDIs.png

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

The BF3 thread has had more action (over 200 pages already) than any other area of this entire forum recently.
AU Chat thread.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

AussieReaper wrote:

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

The BF3 thread has had more action (over 200 pages already) than any other area of this entire forum recently.
AU Chat thread.
give him a break, AR.

he's new.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Macbeth wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I liked them. ATG, Turq and FM especially.
Turquoise was fine. He was semi-consistent in what he believed, you just had to read between the lines. The other two are intellectual skidmarks and tried to come across as intelligent. You like FM for the simple fact that he was a wiki-warrior too.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

I'm a wiki-warrior?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Macbeth wrote:

I'm a wiki-warrior?
Actually, no, not really, you don't enter discussions where you don't understand what you are talking about. I apologize. FM on the other hand, seemed to get off on it.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard