War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

War Man wrote:

Some Aussie that hasn't pissed me off, yet.
War man you didn't reply to my pm!
Sure about that? Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me, you didn't pm me anything.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
gurdeep
­
+812|4756|proll­y
sure about that?
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6515|AUS

ghettoperson wrote:

I'm sorry, who the fuck are you?
Someone who has expressed an opinion in support of what OH is proposing.
Based on prior personal experience at moderating forums and seeing what happens when the standards are allowed to slide into the gutter.
I've also been a member here just about as long as you have.

Last edited by (27th)Kaptyn (2011-07-29 16:21:15)

gurdeep
­
+812|4756|proll­y
the standards arent in the gutter. we are a tight-knit community, and besides a few bad apples, we all get along pretty well
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6515|AUS
Fair point. I was actually referring to what has happened to the forums over here in AUS.
You guys all know each other and have stirred shit for so long it doesn't even stick anymore.
New members (and that's what the guys in charge are likely keen for) probably don't feel the same way when they cop some of the stuff you guys throw at each other.

Last edited by (27th)Kaptyn (2011-07-29 16:27:06)

gurdeep
­
+812|4756|proll­y
yeah, but there really are no new members anymore. i think youre also making it out to be worse than it really is. i really cant think of any examples of a new member being shunned (unless they were trolling or just plain retarded)
War Man
Pace51? He really was just trying to fit in, but we were assholes to him.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5261|foggy bottom
you and pace are in the same category
Tu Stultus Es
gurdeep
­
+812|4756|proll­y

War Man wrote:

Pace51? He really was just trying to fit in, but we were assholes to him.
he was either a troll or plain retarded. pretty sure he was a gimmick account of some member
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
wasnt he atg
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum
whatever he was a fucking tool and if us 'hazing' him meant he stopped posting, then yay for our hazing. new members (when they actually arrive, because who the fuck is buying BF2 new and looking for a forum to join) that actually post+contribute and are generally chill are fine and get along fine. example otomh, kampf.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

OrangeHound wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

mmmfff mmmfff mmmmfff
Just curious......are you going to rename the site BF3s at some point?
Or maybe you guys could start a new one under that name and enforce strict standards from day one, might be easier than retraining the current crop.
www.trackr.com
www.bf3s.net
I'm assuming we're going to to use the same forum; will registration be open or will new members have to go through that moderator approval system?
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6651|Washington DC

Macbeth wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

www.trackr.com
www.bf3s.net
I'm assuming we're going to to use the same forum; will registration be open or will new members have to go through that moderator approval system?
If anything happens, I assume we'll use the same forum.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

So we will still have that mod approval system?
tuckergustav
+1,590|5915|...

Sounds like it.
War Man
That confuses new members though.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5915|...

War Man wrote:

The approval system? How so?
War Man

tuckergustav wrote:

War Man wrote:

The approval system? How so?
Remember vlam? He originally didn't understand it, I had to help him through it along with you helping me as I never went through mod approval.

Never would of got on if it wasn't for our help.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5915|...

It's not confusing at all as far as I am concerned.  You just have to post once with some identifying info to make sure you are indeed a human being that can read and follow rules.  No big thing.
War Man

tuckergustav wrote:

It's not confusing at all as far as I am concerned.  You just have to post once with some identifying info to make sure you are indeed a human being that can read and follow rules.  No big thing.
But some new members may not understand that. Vlam is an example who didn't get it at first.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5915|...

yeah, well...I'm not gonna get too far into it in this thread.  Just going to say, kampframmer figured it out and he is an active and contributing member of this forum,.   Seems to work just fine.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
that mavrk_cobalt guy didnt seem to have any trouble either
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

It slows down the amount of new people who make it to the board. At least half of all people who will make an account will instantly quit if they see they have to go through some silly ass highschoolish "tell us about you" crap.

If someone has a question about something and quickly wants to get it answered or sees something in DST they are passionate about or found something funny in EE that they want to comment on the sometimes long mod approval process will completely shut down the passion that new members get from the forums.

I criticized the community for being insular and unwelcoming and it's not a 100% the members fault. The current new member process really exacerbates the problem.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
its not like cdogmn is coming back anyway.
does the intro forum do anything like prevent bots? ..since most forums can easily find bots nowadays

Last edited by RTHKI (2011-07-29 18:36:36)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

It's not hard to delete a thread and ban a member. It's not like bots would be forum menace.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard