Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6790|England
Please post here any new bugs you have found since the 1.2 patch so we can form a list to send to EA. Hopefully then they will realize what a piece of shit their patch is and recall it. I will add all bugs to the list once they have been confirmed.

New Bugs:

1) Many weapons dont make a sound/animation when others fire them, This is a big deal as you have no way of knowing what direction you are being shot from.
2) Quite often when putting the shock pads away un-charged, you get them out to use them again and they do nothing, you keep pressing to revive somebody and nothing happens.
3) Nade launcher nades bounce for some people and not for others.
4) Nade launcher nades and rocket launcher rockets now often disappear after being fired without an explosion.
5) Strange glitch when returning to standing position from prone, stands then prones then stands again all by itself. Hard to explain but very annoying.
6) Sometimes you spawn and are sunk into the ground or unable to move, jumping usually fixes this.
7) Some people have claimed to have invisible buildings and trees.
8) In BFHQ some people have their rank  as "rankname",  next rank as "private" and  progress to next rank as 100% all the time.
9) Hit indicator often doesn’t display for sniper rifles and some other weapons.
10) AA Bug, Hard to explain ...See video: http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/Insaneaa.wmv
11) Massive amounts of graphics lag for very high performance pc users.
12) Map filter no longer works on server browser: http://media.putfile.com/map-name-filter-bug
13) Fireing a TOW mounted on a Humvee in special forces results in the whole server crashing: http://media.putfile.com/Tow-crash
14) Strange number appears on radar / floor sometimes. (UAV radius in meters?).
15) Mystery death - You die without hearing a shot, seeing a hit indicator, or reading how/whom on the console.  A simple "player is no more".
16) Incorrect version number in BFHQ.
17) Screenshots no longer work.
18) Unlimited flares for choppers glitch: http://media.putfile.com/Battlefield-2-12-Blackhawk-bug
19) You can no longer click on ribbons in BFHQ.

Existing bugs still not fixed:

1) Red/Blue name tag bug still exists and is now worse then ever: http://media.putfile.com/redname-bug
2) Half the time it is impossible to run in special forces.
3) Veteran tactical support badge and special forces medals still cant be achieved.
4) Map bug on zatar and dalian plant still exists despite EA claims it was fixed.
5) Unable to make squads / become commander sometimes.
6) Sometimes you join a server and your a private with no unlocks.
7) It is still possible to enter buildings not designed for entering in order to shoot people without being seen.
8) Multiple pack toss - when playing support kit or medic, often you toss 2 ammo bags with 1 click.
9) Sometimes vehicles go invisible when looking directly at them.
10) AT Rockets and TV Missiles go through vehicles sometimes.
11) Random crashes to BFHQ or out the game altogether.
12) Port always shown as default port on in-game server info.
13) Rendering issues: http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3996 … 0062lm.jpg
14) Glitch when switching between scoped and un-scoped state for sniper rifles, instead of changing it jerks and then goes back to previous state.
15) When healing or resupplying the 'zipping' sound from a heal or a metal 'ching' from a resupply continuously loops until one is resupplyed or healed again.
16)  Sometimes  if someone shoots their gun, the shooting sound continues until the person is dead, or shoots again.
17) Sometimes you place supply drops as commander and they never drop. You still have to wait another full recharge though.

Other Issues:

1) AA is ridiculously overpowered; entering an aircraft is now considered suicide.
2) Gameplay now feels slow and "clunky" for infantry.
3) You can no longer throw hand grenades short distances.
4) You can no longer throw med/ammo packs further by jumping.
5) Prone/Stand delay too long.
6) Claymores are the new c4 throwing.

EDIT: Updated with new bugs from thread.

Last edited by Kobrakai (2006-02-20 12:35:27)

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6651|Washington DC

Another existing bug not fixed ... sometimes no one on your team can become Commander.  Happened again to me yesterday on Sharqui as USMC.

(a)  Apply
(b)  Get the message "You have applied to be Commander of the ..."
(c)  Message (b) disappears after 10 seconds without someone else of higher rank becoming commander or getting the option to become commander.

Result:  no one on the team can become Commander through the entire round
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6689|UK
I've had no problems with spec ops, I have had the no firing sound thing happen to me. Yesterday I joined two official EA servers and I was ranked as a private and everyone called me a noob cause I was askign where the hell my unlocks were and hadn't realised I was a private.

I was heading for a Gold medal when I jumped on the ESSEX AA and shot down what it said was an enemy (It locked) then:

TEAM VEHICLE DAMAGE
TEAM VEHICLE DAMAGE

E7IX3R [TEAM KILLS] CHOPPER PILOT
E7IX3R [TEAM KILLS] CHOPPER GUNNER

that was the last 20 seconds of the round, and I ended up coming 7th :@
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6822|Belgium

Kobrakai wrote:

3) Nade launcher nades don’t bounce for me, some people say it works for them, others say it doesn’t. All I know is I can shoot my feet and kill myself instantly.
Camp Freddie mentioned that DICE indeed goofed up. The arming delay only works when you do not shoot directly at the ground. So it will bounce against a wall, while you can still aim at your enemys feet and blast him to smithereens...

Cheers,
R
bingobones
+6|6726|London, UK
another bug...when sometimes no one on ur team can create squads
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center
wow.

...maybe i won't download this patch.
tF-afrojap
+124|6848|SF
Let the 1.3 chanting begin.

Seriously, this is a pretty nasty aftertaste for a patch that was supposed to fix everything.
I hear there's this new game called solitaire going around, it's bug free and doesn’t have dolphins in it! I'm going to check it out.
LSD_Wash
+64|6814
I got the no sound bug last night... was piloting at attack chopper and wonder why the hell my gunner was just sitting there doing nothing... the I noticed I was sliently getting kill assists.   Very strange because I wasn't getting the gun animations either.  I literally looked and sounded as if he was doing nothing but he was shooting and getting kills.  VERY strange.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6822|Belgium

Yeah,

I haven't tested it yet, but it seems they had good reason to postpone it the first time, and should have postponed it even more.
Really, I don't mind the changes they made, but I do mind the bugs that remained...

R.

Ps.: someone send this list to an official channel?
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6752
big holes appearing in the ground with water at the bottom of them.

saw one of these on karkand by the gatehouse. really wierd.

the prone to standing thing is very annoying.

the game is now very unrealistic, as a trained soldier should not look like and old man when moving from prone to the standing position.

You can not detonate your own land mines by throwing a granade at them. really annoying when there is a tank and APC only a few feet away from a cluster of mines and you know that one granade would set off a chain reaction and take out both vehicles.
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6714|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs

Kobrakai wrote:

Anyone noticed any new bugs since 1.2? Ive only played it for around 5 hours but already Ive noticed the following:

New Bugs:

5) Strange glitch when returning to standing position from prone, stands then prones then stands again all by itself. Hard to explain but very annoying.
yeah they broke the prone option, zo I cant prone in some areas
kingkong777
+-1|6670

E7IX3R wrote:

I've had no problems with spec ops, I have had the no firing sound thing happen to me. Yesterday I joined two official EA servers and I was ranked as a private and everyone called me a noob cause I was askign where the hell my unlocks were and hadn't realised I was a private.

I was heading for a Gold medal when I jumped on the ESSEX AA and shot down what it said was an enemy (It locked) then:

TEAM VEHICLE DAMAGE
TEAM VEHICLE DAMAGE

E7IX3R [TEAM KILLS] CHOPPER PILOT
E7IX3R [TEAM KILLS] CHOPPER GUNNER

that was the last 20 seconds of the round, and I ended up coming 7th :@
i had that one as well
Janysc
+59|6684|Norway
Right. Let's make a long list of what we want to get fixed. The AA is acting too strange, I've heard that the machine guns are insanely accurate (I for one liked them as they were), and the GL is still not quite right.

All the performance-related (sound, graphics) should be cleared out in the beta-test. Shame on DICE.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6790|England

LSD_Wash wrote:

I got the no sound bug last night... was piloting at attack chopper and wonder why the hell my gunner was just sitting there doing nothing... the I noticed I was sliently getting kill assists.   Very strange because I wasn't getting the gun animations either.  I literally looked and sounded as if he was doing nothing but he was shooting and getting kills.  VERY strange.
I think this is the worst of all the new bugs, I will just suddenly die at random all the time, even if there is somebody standing right behind me shooting as I just cant hear them.

I actually tried to knife somebody earlier as I thought they were AFK and it turned out they were firing at me the whole time. (I got killed obviously).

Its even more annoying when you see your health bar going down and cant tell where you are being shot from.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6776|EUR
Ive experienced the defib' bug, but has anyone experience shooting a missile from
an AA only to make a spiral in the air in a fixed location(!?) like a firework.
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au
Ok, these two aren't bugs, so please ammend your list:

Kobrakai wrote:

2) Quite often when putting the shock pads away un-charged, you get them out to use them again and they do nothing, you keep pressing to revive somebody and nothing happens.
check out what they say about that on the 'secrets'site: they are claiming to have verified that this happens because the pads share a 'charge' with the bags now. So if you spam all your bags, you pads won't work until the amount of time that it takes for a bag to reappear in your hands, and vice versa.

Kobrakai wrote:

7) Some people have claimed to have invisible buildings and trees, I have not had this one however.
this is not a bug either, but (as other threads mention, somewhere) is the result of the patch making the game no longer support lower end cards, so they crap themselves out

also, i was getting the 'can't form a squad' bug way before the patch, most commonly on Surge in sf.

also had one (pre-patch) wherein i would go commander, and without anyone starting a vote, the 'vote successful by default, oberst_enzian has left the game' message appears repeatedly while I'm running around doing stuff. got screenshots of this (from back when the screenshot button worked! lol)

Kobrakai wrote:

I actually tried to knife somebody earlier as I thought they were AFK and it turned out they were firing at me the whole time. (I got killed obviously).
i've had that one too - as well as one where i dived on a guy from teh side, started stabbing, actually heard the fleshy-stabby noise fucking twice, only to have him turn, notice me, and shoot me... that's new.

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-02-16 09:10:53)

bobroonie.bda
+143|6683
ive ran into the AT rocket bug where you dont actually shot the rocket,

where the rocket's and TOW fire but go straight through jeeps and tanks.

The Red/blue enemy bug.

unable to run. 

unable to forum squad or leave a squad.

could not destroy enemy c4 when i ran it over with a tank

https://img.tehsig.com/usr_23194/tpl_0/image.jpg

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2006-02-16 09:09:07)

Masta_Daco
+39|6738|Amsterdam,The Netherlands

MuseSeeker wrote:

Ive experienced the defib' bug, but has anyone experience shooting a missile from
an AA only to make a spiral in the air in a fixed location(!?) like a firework.
yep i had it when i shoot an enemy f-35 i was like hmm.........
Masta_Daco
+39|6738|Amsterdam,The Netherlands
i went trough the AT rocket bug ,the sound bug, and the reloading bug where u atually reload but don't see the animation.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6698|Germany
Another thing: Can you guys still see the ribbons you got awarded?
I still have them on the awards site ingame but when you click on them I don't get the big picture of the ribbon on the left side....is this just happening to me?

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-02-16 09:15:19)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
ive seen the commander thing happen...
by the way does anyone know what the blue and pink distance numbers are? i went to the one on mashuur city and it looks like its way down in the ground.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6790|England

oberst_enzian wrote:

Kobrakai wrote:

i've had that one too - as well as one where i dived on a guy from teh side, started stabbing, actually heard the fleshy-stabby noise fucking twice, only to have him turn, notice me, and shoot me... that's new.
Thats been around for a long time before 1.2.
Rosse_modest
+76|6777|Antwerp, Flanders
There is indeed something strange going on with the GL, my first game  with the new patch I got GL'ed by some guy 1 m away from me.
Next day when I try out the GL, it does bounce at close range, but 4 rounds later (on the same server) it justs start blowing up again at close range???? The new GL nades were probably made in Zimbabwe...

About the no-sound bug for other people's weapons: I didn't hear any MG sounds from both hummer's and vodnik's MG's last night...

Also, I have BF2 installed on this pc and on my laptop - I use 2 separate player accounts for both platforms. The pc also has SF installed. Ever since I installed the 1.2 patch, I get this "CD key invalid" error message when I want to join a server.
pogled
+0|6779|Europe
Spotting has a bug too (had it befor but it got worse now). When you got an ATM-launcher or sniper rifle out on hitting 'Q' (com rose flashes up) you release a shot only (in AT mode not even guided since you don't have the HUD up). Really annoying when you are AT because of the low amount of ammo (when there is no support nearby). Maybe just the response time of the com rose got longer but if you are quick spotter sometimes it is best to have a pistole in your hand while spotting.
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6729|Germany

I did not read all of the posts before, so sorry if someone said this before.
When you are commander and spott a tank on your map, you don't see the symbol anymore. You hear the spotted message, but you do not see it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard