coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6725|England. Stoke

eleven bravo wrote:

i went to summer school at a school right next to the rose bowl when the games were played here (94?)
Yep.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/02/15/article-1251169-084CD258000005DC-119_468x318.jpg

Last edited by coke (2012-02-28 16:48:00)

m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6688|UK
yeah, USA94 ah memories.  the bbc even did the dallas makes over for their world cup coverage

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5981|London, England

would you rather have the common name across the world for football be "soccer" except in england where it is still called football and people poke fun at england or would you rather the most played sport in the world be baseball and the world series was like the world cup and everyone loved it
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
m3thod
+2,197|6688|UK
no one but the americans call it soccer, you change.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6725|England. Stoke

Mutantbear wrote:

would you rather have the common name across the world for football be "soccer" except in england where it is still called football and people poke fun at england or would you rather the most played sport in the world be baseball and the world series was like the world cup and everyone loved it
Only Americans call it "soccer".
eleven bravo
+1,399|5275|foggy bottom

m3thod wrote:

yeah, USA94 ah memories.  the bbc even did the dallas makes over for their world cup coverage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRUOlVehw0w
they really showed a clip of hopping lowriders
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5275|foggy bottom
i remember seeing a bunch of white foreigners roaming around the the nightlife area of pasadena
Tu Stultus Es
Mutantbear

m3thod wrote:

coke wrote:

Mutantbear wrote:

obviously

it was just a would you rather question, im not saying America is right

so defensive

Last edited by Mutantbear (2012-02-28 16:56:50)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
m3thod
+2,197|6688|UK

eleven bravo wrote:

m3thod wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRUOlVehw0w
they really showed a clip of hopping lowriders
yeah everytime a match was played that was the bbc wc intro.  i also associate lowriders with america so thats why it prob went in haha
eleven bravo
+1,399|5275|foggy bottom
i associate england with those weird looking helmets the bobbies wear and the weird looking helmets the guards protecting the royal residency wear and scones and 80's punk rockers with torn jeans and green spiked mohawks carrying stilleto knives and also bad teeth
Tu Stultus Es
m3thod
+2,197|6688|UK

Mutantbear wrote:

m3thod wrote:

coke wrote:

Mutantbear wrote:

obviously

it was just a would you rather question, im not saying America is right

so defensive
our version of footy came first, the fact america hijacked the name for their brand of pansy rugger makes it even harder to bear.
Mutantbear

holy shit im not even talking about that

why are you so defensive
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6725|England. Stoke

eleven bravo wrote:

i associate england with those weird looking helmets the bobbies wear and the weird looking helmets the guards protecting the royal residency wear and scones and 80's punk rockers with torn jeans and green spiked mohawks carrying stilleto knives and also bad teeth
That's a pretty good summation of modern England.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5275|foggy bottom
especially the 80's punk rockers
Tu Stultus Es
m3thod
+2,197|6688|UK

eleven bravo wrote:

do you like research this shit?!

only old people call the cops bobbies.

i have no idea wtf those bear fur hats have ever been about

tea and scones is for old people

punk is shit

bad teeth cos no one has a reason to smile cos it always fucking rains
m3thod
+2,197|6688|UK

Mutantbear wrote:

holy shit im not even talking about that

why are you so defensive
well i am, come ova' ere if ya hard enough.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6725|England. Stoke

m3thod wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

do you like research this shit?!
i have no idea wtf those bear fur hats have ever been about
Battle honour after the defeat of the French Imperial Guard at Waterloo.

Last edited by coke (2012-02-28 17:04:08)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5275|foggy bottom
i remember my aunt's asshole boyfriend was mugged almost as soon as he landed in london sometime during july 1991
Tu Stultus Es
m3thod
+2,197|6688|UK
'ere's a great idea lads, lets wear great big hairy dildos on our heads to celebrate the win over the frogs!
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6725|England. Stoke

eleven bravo wrote:

i remember my aunt's asshole boyfriend was mugged almost as soon as he landed in london sometime during july 1991
He was an asshole, that's what happens here.
m3thod
+2,197|6688|UK

eleven bravo wrote:

asshole was probably doing asshole things in an asshole place and got arseholed for the pleasure.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5275|foggy bottom
that kind of headgear was pretty common for euros at the time
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5275|foggy bottom

m3thod wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

asshole was probably doing asshole things in an asshole place and got arseholed for the pleasure.

coke wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

He was an asshole, that's what happens here.
the dude was inches away from punching me in the face and kicking me and i was 8 years old at the time
Tu Stultus Es
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6588

still laughing at charlie adam's penalty
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6725|England. Stoke

eleven bravo wrote:

that kind of headgear was pretty common for euros at the time
Not really. It was only worn by a very few, elite regiments. Hence why it was granted as a battle honour, in the British army.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard