eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom
you cant say beer drinking doesnt have some kind of significant cultural following.  just look at your member title.
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5236|Cleveland, Ohio

eleven bravo wrote:

you cant say beer drinking doesnt have some kind of significant cultural following.  just look at your member title.
thats advertising.  marketing.  my buddy works for them.  and i didnt say beer doesnt.  i said the 420 culture is more noticable.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5698

11 Bravo wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

He is saying even after the legalization of alcohol there is still a drinking "culture" present.

And I have seen many people say "zomg lets get drunk bro" here in the states. If anything drinking "culture" is on a higher scale than pot.
rappers dont typically rap about a bottle of sam adams.  and no you are not correct.  ya for college kids thats true.  but, the only people i see who somehow have to bring attention to it are pot heads.  by a long shot.
no, rappers talk about drinking 40 ounces on the corner.

and yes i am correct. take a look at the weed thread and then the beer one. not much difference? the people who keep spouting shit like "zomg 420 im gonna get so high" are the attention whores so of course they will be more apparent.

you have to realize that almost any recreational activity will bring along with it a sub-culture. in the end, they're both drugs so again it doesn't really make a difference.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

11 Bravo wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

i want pot legal so we can tax it and the stupid pot culture here dies out.
Yeah, that's worked for alcohol.
what do you mean?  we tax it?  yes we do.  and it pays for a lot of stuff.

and i dont see any "zomg 420 bro" crap from people who drink.  so...........

what is your point?  do you have one or just trolling?
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=69630
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=142081
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=119760
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=141586

St. Patrick day, your user title, and on and on and on
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5749|شمال
in yo face marine ^^
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

Beduin wrote:

in yo face marine ^^
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
420 ubar stoned gt da munchiz innit gna watch pinneapple express now

hydr0
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5177|Sydney

11 Bravo wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

i want pot legal so we can tax it and the stupid pot culture here dies out.

I thought it was pretty obvious.
Having alcohol as a legal psychoactive has NOT led to it's cultural demise, far from it. Its advertised everywhere, people wear shirts promoting the stuff, some even use it as their avatar... point is, making some legal is only going to encourage its culture further.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
the fact, as i see it, is that 420 and weed culture is still 'underground', or 'fringe'. because it's illegal, it's clearly a smaller, niche culture with a more select following; of course, this in itself means that you get some people that are overt attention seekers because of this very fact, but more or less it's a less popular and less celebrated (in the general sense) culture. alcohol, on the other hand, is so accepted and so casually ingrained in our modern (western) culture that i utterly despair. being drunk, intoxicated and often obnoxious is something, somehow, seen as being socially desirable over here. it's become a 'fun' free-time activity. there's an index of taste and class in drinking; connoisseurs exist in rating which intoxicating beverage or concoction of drugs will induce the most 'enjoyable' drunkenness.

with that said... i'll take 420 culture any day. the average british high-street in the am-hours of a saturday/sunday morning is enough proof for me.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

Jaekus wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I thought it was pretty obvious.
Having alcohol as a legal psychoactive has NOT led to it's cultural demise, far from it. Its advertised everywhere, people wear shirts promoting the stuff, some even use it as their avatar... point is, making some legal is only going to encourage its culture further.
I disagree to a point. I think the fact that alcohol is treated as a taboo object is what encourages its use. We have age restrictions on its use so you generally find the 'cool kids' want to do everything they aren't supposed to do. Without the age restrictions, alcohol would be more accepted and you'd get less of the hooligan behavior associated with it because it just becomes not a big deal at all. Why do teens have sex? Hormones, it feels good, but it's also naughty and that plays a large role in when kids start. If you cut the puritan frown out you end up with a society that doesn't make a big deal out of sex, drugs or alcohol and you counter-intuitively end up with less teenage pregnancy and less drug and alcohol abuse. Is it any wonder that the sections of this nation that push abstinence only sex education have the highest teenage pregnancy rates? Keep people ignorant and they are more likely to fuck up when experiencing something new.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

Macbeth wrote:

your user title, and on and on and on
yay for reading you dumbfuck.

11 Bravo wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

thats advertising.  marketing.  my buddy works for them.  and i didnt say beer doesnt.  i said the 420 culture is more noticable.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5177|Sydney
Yes, but would legalizing marijuana make it suddenly non-taboo? No, it would still have restrictions very much like alcohol does, like age, time/place and whether you can or can't operate a motor vehicle. I do agree with your point that restrictions encourage rebellious behaviour in teenagers, and indeed adults, but it would not diminish the pot culture at all IMO.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

11 Bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

So if I had a pot leaf avatar, a usertitle that said "Weed" and a signature with a few blunts because I or a friend sold weed, I could label it as advertising? No. You're doing the exact same thing. There's a huge alcohol culture out there. You're just trying to excuse it because then you'd come off as hypocritical.
Stimey
­
+786|6119|Ontario | Canada
hahahahahaha
­
­
­
­
­
­
11 Bravo
Banned

Poseidon wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

So if I had a pot leaf avatar, a usertitle that said "Weed" and a signature with a few blunts because I or a friend sold weed, I could label it as advertising? No. You're doing the exact same thing. There's a huge alcohol culture out there. You're just trying to excuse it because then you'd come off as hypocritical.
ok dude.  there are way more "420" people out there than beer.  that is my point.  i am not trying to excuse anything or say one is worse than the other.
11 Bravo
Banned

Stimey wrote:

hahahahahaha
get off his nuts and read my response.  fucking troll.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

i'll drink to that . ..
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
To marine's credit, pot culture is really annoying. More so than alcohol culture at least.

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2011-05-31 21:01:54)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

ok dude.  there are way more "420" people out there than beer.  that is my point.  i am not trying to excuse anything or say one is worse than the other.
No, you just notice them more because they are different than you. "potheads" make up a tiny fraction of the overall populace. The same can not be said of binge drinkers. Show me a pothead and I'll show you five alcoholics.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

show me four catholics, and i'll show you a fifth
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

burnzz wrote:

show me four catholics, and i'll show you a fifth
spectacles, testicles, watch, wallet
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

No, you just notice them more because they are different than you. "potheads" make up a tiny fraction of the overall populace. The same can not be said of binge drinkers. Show me a pothead and I'll show you five alcoholics.
maybe.  i guess they just stick out to me because of all the multiplayer video games.  i rarely see any beer ref versus some 420 stuff.
Stimey
­
+786|6119|Ontario | Canada
because all stoned teenagers do is sit around playing videogames...
­
­
­
­
­
­
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

maybe.  i guess they just stick out to me because of all the multiplayer video games.  i rarely see any beer ref versus some 420 stuff.
If they're stoned, they're usually an easy kill. You should embrace it because of that

And I don't smoke personally but I think it should be legalized. Adults should be allowed to make their own decisions about what they put into their bodies.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

Jay wrote:

And I don't smoke personally but I think it should be legalized.
i agree

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard