Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6544|Texas - Bigger than France
Let's make a non-issue into a racist argument?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

Spearhead wrote:

This is what every person involved SHOULD be doing... McCain handled it with class.
John McCain was born in Panama.

https://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3575/pmlgflag.gif
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA
http://colorlines.com/archives/2010/10/ … acist.html

The tea party movement is rife with racists. It’s also, despite assertions to the contrary, a structured movement with direct ties to white nationalist groups that’s growing and here to stay. These are the findings of a 94 page report released last week by The Institute for Research & Education on Human Rights, which was backed by the NAACP. The only part that’s shocking is that the report is necessary to establish such plain truths.

"But Obama, in his most candid moments, acknowledged that race was still a problem. In May 2010, he told guests at a private White House dinner that race was probably a key component in the rising opposition to his presidency from conservatives, especially right-wing activists in the anti-incumbent "Tea Party" movement that was then surging across the country. "

http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/02/obama … -protests/

Well, since none of you have heard that the tea party is considered racist.
Pug
Hmmm....how many black president candidates have their been again?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

Pug wrote:

Jesse Jackson and the Rainbow Coalition
Pug
So only two?

Wow, the Tea Party is racist.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Pug wrote:

and what does that have to do with being labeled a racist because you oppose the president?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

The vast majority of people who oppose Obama do so on non-racial grounds. However there are those that do. They often make their voices heard from within particularly active groups like the Tea Party movement. They are often the type of person who is more likely to shout out their misconceptions than a more moderate person who opposes Obama on rational policy grounds. This all adds up to make the problem look like it is more prominant than it is.

What's worse though, inflating the issue to be bigger than it is or denying it even exists?

Should the racism call be used as overabundantly as it is? I don't think so. But this is politics and the race card is the easiest excuse in the same way Bush Bashing was for the last administration.

But don't tell me that there are no grounds for it at all. Not when you have people waving placards like this, this, this, this, this, this and this.

Is the Tea Party a racist movement? No. Does it have racist members? Hell yes it does. Instead of complaining every time someone points it out they should try making a real stand against it. They've shown that they wont tolerate high profile people like Mark Williams who they kicked out in 2010 for being a racist prick but they don't extend this same hard line to people like TeaParty.org operator Dale Robertson, (the guy with the "Niggar" sign.) That's what I mean when I say you should deal with those who live up to this racist label instead of blocking your ears every time someone brings them up.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

https://i.imgur.com/6ctKJ.jpg
13/f/taiwan
+940|5700
haha wtf?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Ty wrote:

The vast majority of people who oppose Obama do so on non-racial grounds. However there are those that do. They often make their voices heard from within particularly active groups like the Tea Party movement. They are often the type of person who is more likely to shout out their misconceptions than a more moderate person who opposes Obama on rational policy grounds. This all adds up to make the problem look like it is more prominant than it is.

What's worse though, inflating the issue to be bigger than it is or denying it even exists?

Should the racism call be used as overabundantly as it is? I don't think so. But this is politics and the race card is the easiest excuse in the same way Bush Bashing was for the last administration.

But don't tell me that there are no grounds for it at all. Not when you have people waving placards like this, this, this, this, this, this and this.

Is the Tea Party a racist movement? No. Does it have racist members? Hell yes it does. Instead of complaining every time someone points it out they should try making a real stand against it. They've shown that they wont tolerate high profile people like Mark Williams who they kicked out in 2010 for being a racist prick but they don't extend this same hard line to people like TeaParty.org operator Dale Robertson, (the guy with the "Niggar" sign.) That's what I mean when I say you should deal with those who live up to this racist label instead of blocking your ears every time someone brings them up.
Well fuck Ty, is the NAACP a racist movement, no, ( well wait.... yes it is, its very name depicts it), does it have racist members, yes.....what is your point, because there isn't some big campaign trying to discredit the NAACP as being racist. The tea party movement is political it is not racial.
Pug

lowing wrote:

Pug wrote:

and what does that have to do with being labeled a racist because you oppose the president?
oh, i am confused.  i thought we were talking about how political parties are racist, since the tea party popped up.

so again....one guy decides this whole thing is racism and therefore it is?  how exactly did this happen?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Pug wrote:

lowing wrote:

Pug wrote:

oh, i am confused.  i thought we were talking about how political parties are racist, since the tea party popped up.

so again....one guy decides this whole thing is racism and therefore it is?  how exactly did this happen?
Ahhh, so you have never heard the accusations before until I posted it with this one guy. Got it.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

lowing wrote:

Well fuck Ty, is the NAACP a racist movement, no, ( well wait.... yes it is, its very name depicts it), does it have racist members, yes.....what is your point, because there isn't some big campaign trying to discredit the NAACP as being racist. The tea party movement is political it is not racial.
That is my point. If the Tea Party wants to stop being considered a racial/racist movement then they need to stop just complaining or denying every time the label is brought out. Instead they need to strive to be seen as active against the problem which as I demonstrated, does exist.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Pug

lowing wrote:

Pug wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ahhh, so you have never heard the accusations before until I posted it with this one guy. Got it.
actually yes
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Pug wrote:

lowing wrote:

Pug wrote:

actually yes
well then stop acting like it all hinges on this "one guy", when you know it doesn't.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

That is my point. If the Tea Party wants to stop being considered a racial/racist movement then they need to stop just complaining or denying every time the label is brought out. Instead they need to strive to be seen as active against the problem which as I demonstrated, does exist.
There is no one screaming about a racist NAACP although its very name ( as well as its actions) reeks of racism, yet they are not in a position to have to defend itself against such attacks.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

There is no one screaming about a racist NAACP although its very name ( as well as its actions) reeks of racism, yet they are not in a position to have to defend itself against such attacks.
This is beside the point. The NAACP is a very different topic that I don't want to get into - things would quickly get complicated.

Like it or not the Tea Party has an image problem. Also like it or not, there is a reason for this. All I'm doing is pointing out the solution and yes, it requires a bit of introspection and a realisation that yeah, there is a problem and it should be dealt with. You can play the "unfair" card all you want but it doesn't change the facts.

The more the Tea Party denies or ignores this problem the more they will be seen as condoning it. I'll leave it at that.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida

lowing wrote:

lowing, honestly, how dumb are you?  Do you even know what the NAACP is or what it has done?  You know it was founded by whites as well as blacks, right?
Pug

lowing wrote:

Pug wrote:

lowing wrote:

actually yes
well then stop acting like it all hinges on this "one guy", when you know it doesn't.
No, it's actually TWO guys making this a racist issue.

but what you said made no sense btw.  i haven't heard that race is an issue...until now

Last edited by Pug (2011-05-31 21:28:27)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

This is beside the point. The NAACP is a very different topic that I don't want to get into - things would quickly get complicated.

Like it or not the Tea Party has an image problem. Also like it or not, there is a reason for this. All I'm doing is pointing out the solution and yes, it requires a bit of introspection and a realisation that yeah, there is a problem and it should be dealt with. You can play the "unfair" card all you want but it doesn't change the facts.

The more the Tea Party denies or ignores this problem the more they will be seen as condoning it. I'll leave it at that.
The image problem is one that is invented by those that oppose the tea party. lets face it, "you're a racist", is a pretty common attack by those against small govt., cuts in bullshit social programs, a reduction in govt. hand holding, etc... It is done so in lieu of trying to stand toe to toe with the arguments presented by conservatives.

The tea party has a political philosophy, and ANYONE that shares that philosophy can join regardless of race. Now if  the Tea Party were an organization that changes its name to ohhhhh I dunno......"The National Association for the Advancement of White People" I would agree, you would have an argument for it being a racist organization.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

lowing, honestly, how dumb are you?  Do you even know what the NAACP is or what it has done?  You know it was founded by whites as well as blacks, right?
Don't even try it Spearhead... It is an organization dedicated to the advancement of  "colored people", not poor people. Its very name is racist, and unlike how most of you throw the word racist around, it really is racist. They focus on injustices done to black people, not ALL people. 

Hey but I am listening, go ahead list the good the NAACP has done.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

In its early years, the NAACP concentrated on using the courts to overturn the Jim Crow statutes that legalized racial segregation. In 1913, the NAACP organized opposition to President Woodrow Wilson's introduction of racial segregation into federal government policy, offices, and hiring.

By 1914, the group had 6,000 members and 50 branches. It was influential in winning the right of African Americans to serve as officers in World War I. Six hundred African-American officers were commissioned and 700,000 men registered for the draft. The following year, the NAACP organized a nationwide protest, with marches in numerous cities, against D.W. Griffith's silent movie Birth of a Nation, a film that glamorized the Ku Klux Klan. As a result, several cities refused to allow the film to open.

The NAACP devoted much of its energy during the interwar years to fighting the lynching of blacks throughout the United States by working for legislation, lobbying and educating the public. The organization sent its field secretary Walter F. White to Phillips County, Arkansas, in October 1919, to investigate the Elaine Race Riot. More than 200 black tenant farmers were killed by roving white vigilantes and federal troops after a deputy sheriff's attack on a union meeting of sharecroppers left one white man dead. White published his report on the riot in the Chicago Daily News. The NAACP organized the appeals for twelve black men sentenced to death a month later based on the fact that testimony used in their convictions was obtained by beatings and electric shocks. It gained a groundbreaking Supreme Court decision in Moore v. Dempsey 261 U.S. 86 (1923) that significantly expanded the Federal courts' oversight of the states' criminal justice systems in the years to come. White investigated eight race riots and 41 lynchings for the NAACP and directed its study Thirty Years of Lynching in the United States

The NAACP also spent more than a decade seeking federal legislation against lynching, but Southern white Democrats voted as a block against it or used the filibuster in the Senate to block passage. Because of disfranchisement, there were no black representatives from the South in Congress. The NAACP regularly displayed a black flag stating "A Man Was Lynched Yesterday" from the window of its offices in New York to mark each lynching.

The campaign for desegregation culminated in a unanimous 1954 Supreme Court decision in Brown v. Board of Education that held state-sponsored segregation of elementary schools was unconstitutional. Bolstered by that victory, the NAACP pushed for full desegregation throughout the South. Starting on December 5, 1955, NAACP activists, including E.D. Nixon, its local president, and Rosa Parks, who had served as the chapter's Secretary, helped organize a bus boycott in Montgomery, Alabama. This was designed to protest segregation on the city's buses, two-thirds of whose riders were black. The boycott lasted 381 days.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

lowing wrote:

The image problem is one that is invented by those that oppose the tea party. lets face it, "you're a racist", is a pretty common attack by those against small govt., cuts in bullshit social programs, a reduction in govt. hand holding, etc... It is done so in lieu of trying to stand toe to toe with the arguments presented by conservatives.

The tea party has a political philosophy, and ANYONE that shares that philosophy can join regardless of race. Now if  the Tea Party were an organization that changes its name to ohhhhh I dunno......"The National Association for the Advancement of White People" I would agree, you would have an argument for it being a racist organization.
But that's what I'm saying. We're actually on the same page, we both realise that the Tea Party is being unfairly designated a racist organisation here we're just looking at it differently. You're saying that it shouldn't be happening while I'm just saying it is happening so why and how can it best be dealt with. Where we differ is that while I'm saying that the accusations are based on actual ocurrences of racism, you seem to be denying that there's even a problem - or that the problem lies with the accusers not with the accused.

You can play the blame game endlessly, always saying it's the other side's fault. What is more difficult but ultimately far more productive is being introspective, identifying the truths in what the other side is saying and dealing with them.
[Blinking eyes thing]
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

burnzz wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/6ctKJ.jpg
I wonder if Obama will pose by a sign that says n-----s for Obama."

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard