Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5648|USA

Spearhead wrote:

The fact that the "birther" movement still exists tends to support this guys statement.... at least to some extent.

If you dislike Obama for his policies, leadership qualities, etc, you should not really care what this guy is saying anyway.  But it is also a fact that many Americans (including high profile people like Huckabee and Trump, just to name two) do not think Obama is American.  And we all know we would not be talking about it if Obama was white, and had an Eastern European father rather than a Kenyan father.

Point made... naturally lowing will accuse me of something or another in his response to this post.
Why shouldn't any care about being accussed of racism without proof of racism?
Sorry yer wrong, the question of arnold schwarzenegger's eligibility has also been questioned when it was thought he might make a run for the white house. Your point has been revoked.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4582

Blue Herring wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

lowing wrote:


and Iam saying this person is a govt official not some shuck off the street. It matters. Oh and it has been more than 1 person over the past coupla years.

Some accusations? SOME?! Accusations of racism is all it has been when speaking of Obama's performance in the negative.


http://politicalhumor.about.com/library … onkey3.htm    hummmmm, I don't recall racism being an issue when this came out. Care to explain the difference/double standard?
There are 535 people in Congress. This one guy represents less than a fifth of 1% of everyone in Congress. Now throw in retired elected officials, leaders of state governments, etc. and we're around in the low thousands. Within that group you could find Holocaust deniers, moon landing hoaxers, Kennedy conspiracy theorist etc. Even if you manage to get 50 of them to agree with the him you would still have proven nothing.

It's well known that monkey's have been used to dehumanize blacks since the oh 1700's. It's obviously racist.
Crude historical depictions of African Americans as ape-like may have disappeared from mainstream U.S. culture, but research presented in a new paper by psychologists at Stanford, Pennsylvania State University and the University of California-Berkeley reveals that many Americans subconsciously associate blacks with apes.

In addition, the findings show that society is more likely to condone violence against black criminal suspects as a result of its broader inability to accept African Americans as fully human, according to the researchers.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … 163811.htm
http://images.sciencedaily.com/2008/02/080207163811.jpg


"Some accusations? SOME?! Accusations of racism is all it has been when speaking of Obama's performance in the negative."
It never comes up here except when you bring it up. Soooooo
http://forums.bf2s.com/sphinx.php?q=rac … rch=Submit

Of course I realize I'm wasting my fucking time. So i'll just leave this here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamenta … tion_error



Just close this thread.
That study would be interesting if the basis for it wasn't so utterly retarded. If you have to dig into the subconscious to find an inkling of racism, you're pretty damn well off.
I really don't care for the study. I just wanted something to support my assertion that comparing a black guy to a monkey has long been used to dehumanize blacks.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|5668|UK
https://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01009/barnes_1009818c.jpg
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Blue Herring
Member
+13|3801
They showed black people(apes) then white people(also apes) and then other apes as well.

I relate all humans to apes because classifiable we are, since we're tailless primates.

Anyways, yes I get the point. It has certainly been a long occurring theme to relate black people to monkeys to symbolize them as less evolved. I think classifying any person as "non-human" regardless of what trait you're speaking of is wrong.

Last edited by Blue Herring (2011-05-27 18:53:39)

eleven bravo
Member
+1,399|4255|foggy bottom
you*re
Tu Stultus Es
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|5686|Tampa Bay Florida

lowing wrote:

Why shouldn't any care about being accussed of racism without proof of racism?
Sorry yer wrong, the question of arnold schwarzenegger's eligibility has also been questioned when it was thought he might make a run for the white house. Your point has been revoked.
1.  sorry I didnt get the meaning of that

2.  The terminator was born in Austria.... therefore he is not eligible to become POTUS.  That never has and never will be debated.... Obama was born in Hawaii, and because he has a genuine black 100 percent african dad, people think he was born in Kenya.  Because people are racist dumbfucks who are still in denial.

Your move!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5648|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

Why shouldn't any care about being accussed of racism without proof of racism?
Sorry yer wrong, the question of arnold schwarzenegger's eligibility has also been questioned when it was thought he might make a run for the white house. Your point has been revoked.
1.  sorry I didnt get the meaning of that

2.  The terminator was born in Austria.... therefore he is not eligible to become POTUS.  That never has and never will be debated.... Obama was born in Hawaii, and because he has a genuine black 100 percent african dad, people think he was born in Kenya.  Because people are racist dumbfucks who are still in denial.

Your move!
The birther movement was fueled by 2 years of ambiguous dodging of the issue by Obama, nothing more. Just like all conspiracies. Did the birthers want him out? Of course, just like anyone opposed to any president. Just like when Bill Clinton was impeached for getting a blow job and lying to his wife while being questioned about shit that was not illegal or had anything to do with our country. That was not considered racist. An attempt to impeach for Obama for anything even if legit would be considered racist. Like it or not, believe it or not, people are allowed to oppose the president without having accusations of racism thrown in their face for it.

Also, it should be considered bigoted that ANY opposition toward Obama is automatically considered racist, which it has been. I would think you would want proof of any argument, funny how you require none in order to throw such accusations. The mere suggestion that Obama is wrong is proof enough for you. Ironic how YOU are worried about being accused of something without proof.


Had Arnold's  plans for presidency got off the ground, the very first thing anyone opposing him would do, is question his eligibility, but being a caucasian, that somehow, is different.

Last edited by lowing (2011-05-27 22:00:31)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4582

Plenty of people on this forum takes shots at Obama. None of them get accused of racism or complain of other people of accusing them of racism. You seem really hung out on racism lowing.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5648|USA

Macbeth wrote:

Plenty of people on this forum takes shots at Obama. None of them get accused of racism or complain of other people of accusing them of racism. You seem really hung out on racism lowing.
Who the hell is talking about people on this forum? 

and no, it is those accusing ME of racism that is hung up on racism, if you are going to accuse me of it, I will make it a talking a point and expect you to back it up, just like all arguments in this forum.
13/f/taiwan
Member
+940|4695
lowing is dodging my questions and comments. why would he do that if he has nothing to hide? hmmm guilty conscience...
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|4175|Sydney

lowing wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Plenty of people on this forum takes shots at Obama. None of them get accused of racism or complain of other people of accusing them of racism. You seem really hung out on racism lowing.
Who the hell is talking about people on this forum? 

and no, it is those accusing ME of racism that is hung up on racism, if you are going to accuse me of it, I will make it a talking a point and expect you to back it up, just like all arguments in this forum.
Umm... you can't really start a thread about racism and then 3 pages later accuse others for being hung up on racism. That's inconsistent.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-05-27 22:22:18)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4582

"hung out " should have been "hung up". Shit my typing skills are devolving.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5648|USA

Jaekus wrote:

lowing wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Plenty of people on this forum takes shots at Obama. None of them get accused of racism or complain of other people of accusing them of racism. You seem really hung out on racism lowing.
Who the hell is talking about people on this forum? 

and no, it is those accusing ME of racism that is hung up on racism, if you are going to accuse me of it, I will make it a talking a point and expect you to back it up, just like all arguments in this forum.
Umm... you can't really start a thread about racism and then 3 pages later accuse others for being hung up on racism. That's inconsistent.
I am hung up on those loosely throwing accusations to prove them. nothing more.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|5686|Tampa Bay Florida

lowing wrote:

What is the "Schwarzeneggar curveball" you speak of?  ya lost me on that one.

1. I dunno ask the birthers. Point was, Arnald would have gone through the exact same scrutiny even though he is a white guy, where you claimed it wouldn't have happened if he were white.

2. What am I wrong about? I never said black people were not allowed or didn't like Obama. Nor did I mention anything about black people's intelligence. Not sure where you got this talking point from.

3. I mention it, because this guy is a govt. official claiming such non-sense, just add him to the long list that have made such accusations.


4. and I mention the racist accusations for the same fuckin' reason.


Not really sure where this came from either, but if you are going to quote me, you really should make sure I said it,and in the intended context
1. Honestly, I was not talking about Arnold at all when I mentioned a hypothetical Eastern European white guy.  But my point still stands... he was not born in this country, and Obama was.  No similarity at all. 

2. So you admit there is a grey area?  a ha!  finally getting somewhere.

3. This guy is an ELECTED government official... he can say whatever the hell he wants.

My point was that you put words in my mouth, the same way you've done to everyone else here.  I did it to illustrate a point.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5648|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

What is the "Schwarzeneggar curveball" you speak of?  ya lost me on that one.

1. I dunno ask the birthers. Point was, Arnald would have gone through the exact same scrutiny even though he is a white guy, where you claimed it wouldn't have happened if he were white.

2. What am I wrong about? I never said black people were not allowed or didn't like Obama. Nor did I mention anything about black people's intelligence. Not sure where you got this talking point from.

3. I mention it, because this guy is a govt. official claiming such non-sense, just add him to the long list that have made such accusations.


4. and I mention the racist accusations for the same fuckin' reason.


Not really sure where this came from either, but if you are going to quote me, you really should make sure I said it,and in the intended context
1. Honestly, I was not talking about Arnold at all when I mentioned a hypothetical Eastern European white guy.  But my point still stands... he was not born in this country, and Obama was.  No similarity at all. 

2. So you admit there is a grey area?  a ha!  finally getting somewhere.

3. This guy is an ELECTED government official... he can say whatever the hell he wants.

My point was that you put words in my mouth, the same way you've done to everyone else here.  I did it to illustrate a point.
1. I know you weren't. I was. and any opposition to him would have begun with his eligibility based on his nationality. No racism would have been implied. My point. There was a question about Obama's nationality, based on reports he was born in Kenya. Not because he was black.

2. you want me to concede a point a I never tried to argue? Ok you win, you got me, I concede whatever.

3. sure he can, and so can everyone else, without being accused of racism without proof.

I didn't say you said anything. You are seemingly arguing that someone can throw racism accusations without due cause, and I challenge it.

Last edited by lowing (2011-05-28 02:52:11)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|4233|Cleveland, Ohio
lol spearhead.

anyone who says "my black friends" is just lol.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|5655|BC, Canada
But my black friends say its ok.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5648|USA

11 Bravo wrote:

lol spearhead.

anyone who says "my black friends" is just lol.
Yeah, I kinda picked up on that as well, but he was on such a roll, I didn't wanna mention it.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|5771|Noizyland

I think your anger is legitimate Lowing but you should really be more directing it at the small minority of people who oppose Obama on racist grounds. And they do exist. Considering how politically misinformed people are, (in all countries not just America, although you guys do have the influence of incredibly polarising news media,) of course they will ignore policies and dislike Obama because of other reasons - and his race is one of these for a number of people.

So yes, you should be pissed off but you should be pissed off at those living up to the steriotype, not just those calling it out.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|5686|Tampa Bay Florida

lowing wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

lol spearhead.

anyone who says "my black friends" is just lol.
Yeah, I kinda picked up on that as well, but he was on such a roll, I didn't wanna mention it.
Right, because knowing black people who disliked Obama from the start is in no way relevant to what you're talking about....
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|4233|Cleveland, Ohio

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

lol spearhead.

anyone who says "my black friends" is just lol.
Yeah, I kinda picked up on that as well, but he was on such a roll, I didn't wanna mention it.
Right, because knowing black people who disliked Obama from the start is in no way relevant to what you're talking about....
lol
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|5686|Tampa Bay Florida
I'm sorry, I should've been politically correct and said "people with whom I went to school with and knew, and had classes with, who happened to be black, also disliked Obama."  Because thats so much easier than saying "my black friends",
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5648|USA

Ty wrote:

I think your anger is legitimate Lowing but you should really be more directing it at the small minority of people who oppose Obama on racist grounds. And they do exist. Considering how politically misinformed people are, (in all countries not just America, although you guys do have the influence of incredibly polarising news media,) of course they will ignore policies and dislike Obama because of other reasons - and his race is one of these for a number of people.

So yes, you should be pissed off but you should be pissed off at those living up to the steriotype, not just those calling it out.
Well first, I am not pissed. This is a debate forum, and this issue is a debatable topic. Second, you are telling me to direct my frustration at those that do oppose Obama for racism. Why, when direction of my point of discussion is toward those that accuse us ALL as being racist because Obama is a failure?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5648|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

lol spearhead.

anyone who says "my black friends" is just lol.
Yeah, I kinda picked up on that as well, but he was on such a roll, I didn't wanna mention it.
Right, because knowing black people who disliked Obama from the start is in no way relevant to what you're talking about....
Could be, I' m talking about those that oppose Obama being considered racist..... Wait, are all your "black friends" considered racist for opposing Obama, or is racism only a moniker to be carried by white people?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|5771|Noizyland

lowing wrote:

Ty wrote:

I think your anger is legitimate Lowing but you should really be more directing it at the small minority of people who oppose Obama on racist grounds. And they do exist. Considering how politically misinformed people are, (in all countries not just America, although you guys do have the influence of incredibly polarising news media,) of course they will ignore policies and dislike Obama because of other reasons - and his race is one of these for a number of people.

So yes, you should be pissed off but you should be pissed off at those living up to the steriotype, not just those calling it out.
Well first, I am not pissed. This is a debate forum, and this issue is a debatable topic. Second, you are telling me to direct my frustration at those that do oppose Obama for racism. Why, when direction of my point of discussion is toward those that accuse us ALL as being racist because Obama is a failure?
Because it's not an accusation that everyone who opposes Obama is racist, you're just saying it implies this. Considering that you're implying that Clyburn's "Obama's problems are due to racism" is an admission of failure you should fully appreciate this sort of thing. Either way, neither are true.

Look, say a small number of fans of sports team X get rowdy at a game and start throwing beer bottles around. The next day a news story says that "fans of Team X were disruptive". If I were a fan of Team X I'd be pretty upset because I know that this would only be a small minority. However the story implys, (but doesn't say,) that all Team X fans were rowdy which gives us a bad name. But why would I be mad at the news story? It just reported what it saw. I would be more mad at the rowdy fans who ruined my reputation as a Team X fan.

Hope I didn't lose anyone there.

I see the same thing happening here. A small number of people who oppose Obama do so on racial grounds. I've seen the polls showing people don't support Obama because they think he's Muslim or Kenyan. I've seen all those people who would never be satisfied with a warehouse full of birth certificates. I've seen comments on news stories or from commentators that subtly drop hints that aim to be derogatory to Obama because of his race. It's not widespread but it does happen. Usually it's from people too stupid to actually learn about policies.

So when people like Clyburn come out with their opinions like this it can imply that the problem is more widespread than it is. That's just how it is.

Which takes me back to my original point: You should be far more or at least equally as angry with those who live up to the accusations, not just those who make them.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard