Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6576|Greenwood, IN
Well basically I wanted a place to post videos i'm working on and to see other peoples work.(Good or Bad)  Most of the time I do experiments in video editing to see what works and what doesn't.  I don't really have an artistic side of my self.  But, I also wanted a place to discuss other peoples works as well.

If this thread has been created already and or its not the right place.  Feel free to move/close topic.

-----[ Tools Of The Trade ]-----

Sony Vegas 9.0c
Black Magic Intensity Pro
Fraps 3.2.3
Adobe After Effects
GIMP 2.6
VLC Media Player

-----[ Sony Vegas Project Settings ]-----

Width: 1280
Height: 720
Frame Rate: 59.94
Field Order: None(Progressive Scan)
Pixel aspect ratio: 1.0000(Square)
Output Rotation: 0 Degrees
-----
Pixel format: 32-bit Floating Point(Full Range)
Compositing Gamma: 2.222(Video)
Full-resolution Rendering Quality: Best
Motion Blur Type: Gaussian
Deinterlace Method: None
Adjust source media to better match project or render settings. (Check)
----- Audio Tab -----
Master Bus Mode: Stereo
Number of Stereo Busses: 0
Sample Rate: 48,000
Bit Depth: 24
Resample and Stretch Quality: Best

Probably going to turn this post into a tutorial on how to do some things aiming more towards the gaming community rather than in general.

Last edited by Naturn (2011-05-07 10:38:52)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6576|Greenwood, IN
-----[ To Start Off ]-----

I've posted this video in another thread, but it wasn't the right thread to do so.  With this video I was trying to go for a four player game.  I wanted to see how hard it would be to do it in Sony Vegas.(Very time consuming.)

Stimey wrote:

Naturn wrote:

I need some opinions on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_R-ZhvvnlM

I don't know what else I could do to make it better.
I probably would have had it so there was one main screen, but you could still see the other 3 in the bottom. (If for instance someone was watching this video because they had a favorite player that was playing in the match.)
Also would have made it so that each player had their own song, so they were more easily distinguishable than what guns they were using.

...and play another game.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
and if you insist on cawadooty, get some better players
He gave some decent advice on how to look at it.  Does anyone else have anything to add to this?(Ignore the COD game.)
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
Hide the views in the background when one is fullscreen. They're really distracting.
Some color correction couldn't go wrong either.

Settings-wise I'm pretty much the same as you, except I render my final video at 30 FPS, and usually record at 120 or 240.
Program-wise I use Premiere for editing, After Effects for color correction or fancy stuff, Source Recorder for saving TGA sequences in TF2, and virtualdub to compile those sequences using the UT Video codec.
I might skip the compiling part and just import the TGA sequence. I haven't tried that yet.

Some of my stuff:

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2011-05-07 10:56:50)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6576|Greenwood, IN
How long does it take for you to compile the TGA.  Last time I did it, it took me FOREVER.  Then again I was running a dual core at 3.6.  I haven't use Adobe aftereffects yet, but plan on learning it very soon.  I still use the built in h.264 encoder in Vegas right now, but plan on use MeGUI for frag videos and Machinima.  I'm going to be working on another video tonight to test something.  I'll post what i've done.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
Not too long. I just compiled 2 thousand TGA frames into an .avi....took about...5-10 minutes?

They were 1650x1050, but I got vdub to size the .avi down to 720p.
i have enjoyed premiere and after effects> those two seem most reliable
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6576|Greenwood, IN

Made this video today when I had time.  I think I did a little better job this time round.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard