uziq
+492|3423
and what is culture? do you think it's something intrinsic, ahistorical, not affected by material change or circumstances?

please outline your theory of culture, because it sounds fixed and static, and further uniform and homogeneous, which is like no culture i have ever studied. the fact we talk, for one thing, about 'blue collar' and 'white collar' workers when addressing americans should hint to you that the idea of a 'white' culture is a highly problematic monolithic category. i wonder what could possibly induce people of the same race simultaneously to hold differing attitudes and outlooks? make u think!!!

White and Hispanic people live in societies where women have options and can choose their futures. Muslim societies mistreat women. This has impacted their development.
cute theory. except almost all of the political systems, institutions, philosophical thought and other heirlooms of 'great western culture' were developed at a time before women were enfranchised or considered as equal citizens, and instead had the status of property. the west had no problem developing and advancing without counting women's vote at the ballot box. in fact, the west only developed to a wider degree such a noble and laudable attitude towards women after about 1960 (and what was gained from the suffragettes onwards was often done so by violent protest and force), so we're really ahead of the islamic world in this race! further, women still are not equal citizens now, not in terms of earnings or even in terms of basic reproductive rights and control over their own bodies in the States, so you're making a bit of a huge gloss there. in any case, your little theory is utter twaddle.

there's something uniquely toxic about a guy tut-tutting at islam whilst complacently talking up his own culture, when a fierce culture war has had to be waged for the last 60 years by women, often at great cost and sacrifice to their personal and professional lives, to attain what rights they do have. i'm sure feminists would be very grateful that you're appropriating their narrative to justify moronic islamophobia. you're like the stereotype of far-right dunce who goes out in the streets protesting and waving signs about 'the dangers of islam', and then goes home and expects his wife to have the dinner ready, the clothes ironed, the kids ready for school ...

please re-write your essay response in no more than 500 words.  the examination lasts 30 minutes. we recommend you spend 10 minutes on this first question.

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-08 13:38:19)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Do you think Muslims mistreat women because of Islam or because it is too sunny?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3423
are you talking about indonesian women? saudi women? british-pakistani women, one of whom is the home secretary of the country? or maybe iranian women? iranian women today? iranian women in 1970?

why does the catholic church mistreat women and suffocate their chances for equality? maybe a more interesting question is why are all organized religions, in their worldly capacity, so conservative and reactionary rather than forces for progressive change, as parts of their theology can suggest they should be?

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-08 13:35:50)

Larssen
+99|1858
PSA: never send your kids to fucking rutgers
uziq
+492|3423
if i recall correctly he transferred there in his sophomore year from a community college. he didn't have the best start. perhaps he is analytically stunted. that or the heavy regime of medication. the mods here have mentioned before that an alarmingly high proportion of his posts he self-deletes. he is unwell.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
You two are cucks. You defend the Islamic culture that is destroying your continent.
uziq
+492|3423
i don’t see islamic culture destroying my continent. change the cable channel.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_Arena_bombing

Can't even go watch a liberated and free Italian woman sing without the Muslims trying to kill you.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4a/Ariana_Grande_during_The_Honeymoon_Tour_in_Jakarta_2015.jpg
uziq
+492|3423
keep trying.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

*clicks link* "Can't host football championships without the Irish trying to kill you."
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

dilbert, the entire discipline of history is taken up with questions such as the rise and fall of empires, the emergence and development of civilisations, etc.

i could give you about 12 different readings on the eminence of the west after the middle-ages (presumably temporary, and soon to be eclipsed by china, which complicates your racial-essentialist view of things). would you like linear-historical liberal readings, marxist-hegelian dialectical readings, or perhaps a cyclical reading a la Vico?

the problem is that history is materialist and empiricist, and relies on things like facts and observation, things which you are weirdly impervious to when it comes to race, preferring instead crackpot pseudo-science from the intellectual backwaters of c. 1870 Victoriana.

you and jay have a lot in common when it comes to being blissfully ignorant swine rolling in your own effluent.
Thats great and all but you have yet to explain why countries with anglo-saxon cultures are nice places to live and people from other cultures will do anything to get into them.

Also why rhodesia has collapsed well below third world standards and south africa is well down that path since they kicked the whites out of control.

They could have maintained developed economies but are apparently unable to.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-03-08 17:04:57)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Larssen wrote:

In my direct social circle I know a heart surgeon, lawyer, pharmacist, construction engineer and molecular cancer researcher who's parents all came into this country as poor immigrants from China, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Cameroon. If the current generation of nationalist dickheads got their way none of them would have been here. Such an enrichment of our societies.
Would these people have been a heart surgeon, lawyer, pharmacist, construction engineer and molecular cancer researcher if they'd stayed in their home country?
Probably they'd have been dirt farmers if they'd survived childhood.

Lets say culture is the answer then, should we allow alien cultures to invade and displace our superior culture with their shitty one?
Should we even tolerate their presence within ours?

The Greeks, the progenitors of culture and wisdom, don't seem to think so, they're burning down the camps and forming militias to patrol the border.

https://greece.greekreporter.com/2018/1 … mp-report/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51781394
uziq
+492|3423
the greeks, known progenitors of anglo-saxon culture.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

uziq wrote:

keep trying.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_truck_attack

You can't even take your free and liberated girlfriend out shopping on Bastille Day without the Muslims trying to run you over.
uziq
+492|3423
what exactly is your thesis here? that islamic extremists and terrorist cells are paramount to the 'islamification' or 'invasion' of europe?

did we just step back into the peak Bush years?

you have failed the entry examination.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
When was the last Muslim terrorist attack in the U.S.?
Larssen
+99|1858

Dilbert_X wrote:

Larssen wrote:

In my direct social circle I know a heart surgeon, lawyer, pharmacist, construction engineer and molecular cancer researcher who's parents all came into this country as poor immigrants from China, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Cameroon. If the current generation of nationalist dickheads got their way none of them would have been here. Such an enrichment of our societies.
Would these people have been a heart surgeon, lawyer, pharmacist, construction engineer and molecular cancer researcher if they'd stayed in their home country?
Probably they'd have been dirt farmers if they'd survived childhood.
That was exactly my point Dilbert, none of them would have had the opportunity to achieve these things. Now they are among the top contributors to our societies.

As to the rest of your post: you cannot be serious. Half of the posts in the last page were on the topic of how circumstance beyond people's control greatly affects development. Culture is definitely NOT the answer...

Last edited by Larssen (2020-03-09 01:12:42)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So how is it that a country can function perfectly, but as soon as the white people leave it falls to ruin?

Or look at the difference between north and south korea, apart from culture is there any difference?
Larssen
+99|1858
Are you trying to tell me that sub saharan africa was wonderful when there were more white people? Lmao. Wonder why the state apparatus in most countries there is weak, or why social strife is rampant? Much of it was by design, because western powers built these countries to be dependent on them and installed loyal local elites in strategically important positions. Then after we left western multinationals still controlled the majority of material and economic wealth in these countries, enter neocolonialism. Oil, tobacco and mining companies have literally bullied governments into submission here and were sometimes even involved in civil wars.

Korea was an anomaly and the main battleground of a proxy war between the United States and China. So much for the Koreans having control over their own destinies. The preservation of the Kim dynasty has been ensured by the Chinese ever since. It's not like there haven't been attempted civil uprisings in North Korea, you can read about those somewhere on wiki I'm sure. All of the people involved are dead or resigned to dying in concentration camps.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-03-09 03:03:03)

uziq
+492|3423
i do think that a culture or an ideology can affect the progress of or direction a society takes. it is, after all, a question of how a society looks at itself, reflects on its past, and envisions its future. culture and ideology are 'webs' through which we perceive the world and so act on it. it stands to reason that a society with, say, a protestant outlook in the New World will adopt certain attitudes towards the material world, towards fellow human beings, and towards their spiritual beliefs and general 'idea' of the Good/desirable. so that you can get an industrious people who also are susceptible to over-rationalization and a tendency to consider other human beings algebraically, as units rather than beings (to make one academically inadmissible gross generalization ...)

what i profoundly DIS-agree with is that these cultures are 'inherent' or intrinsic, that they are related to our genetic traits so that there is a thing as 'black culture' or 'african intelligence'. it's scientifically illiterate and ignores the entire reality of a culture and its attending ideologies, which is that they change and mutate throughout history, according to external pressures/forces and internal actions/reactions. a people's culture isn't some autonomous unchanging, eternal thing; and it doesn't spring from a rock, autochthonously. culture is constructed, and so subject to change.

at different periods in history the same peoples' culture(s) have changed so drastically that they can go from a zenith of construction, exploration, world-building, in short, to a nadir of inactivity, desuetude, vanquishment, etc. this doesn't have necessarily to be caused by conquest or compulsion, either. it's an extremely complex historical process (a hegelian would construe it in terms of contradictions/opposites, tensions, which slowly work themselves out; it's certainly how the bolsheviks conceived of their own leap). again, it requires particular attention and nuance -- things which dilbert doesn't deal in. having to actually think about specifics and pay attention to facts strikes him as a tedious inconvenience. much better to say 'south africa was better under the whites' (as someone whose father's side of the family were heavily involved in rhodesia, and still live in south africa, suffice to say i find this laughably ignorant and repellent).

So how is it that a country can function perfectly, but as soon as the white people leave it falls to ruin?
there is literally an entire historical discipline dedicated to this, and it's hardly recondite or recherche stuff. here is the introduction to an essay from 1965 with which every history student of the last 60 years will be familiar. 'official' colonial administrations left and western puppet elites as well as giant 'apolitical' corporations moved in to divvy up the economy and run the country by proxy. there are so many books written about this. there's even been multi-part BBC documentaries about it. how has all this passed you by? you are sheerly ignorant, man.

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-09 06:02:23)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
How do you feel about the Roma?
uziq
+492|3423
i don't have any feelings about the roma. they're automatically under a lot of pressure and censure because they live an unorthodox lifestyle, outside of state/national loyalties. i don't think that's a bad thing. some roma communities take care of where they are; others don't. it doesn't vex me anymore than some residents of council blocks looking after their property and others neglecting them.

any outsider group are going to be held to much higher standards of crime and behaviour than the natives, who turn a blind or forgiving eye to the same erring in their own folk, and pretty conveniently close ranks around the wrongdoer to absolve/forgive them according to their their own terms: 'yes, mr officer, we'll correct the wayward youth, don't worry, leave it with us'. that's basic sociology. the same behaviour in a different group comes across as anti-social, 'against the social fabric', and so on. i do not have any strong feelings about the roma.

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-09 06:27:37)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
What about you, Larssen? How do you feel about the Roma?
Larssen
+99|1858
I have no strong opinion on the Roma. My country is home to few and I'm not very familiar with their culture.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Do you believe they are mistreated in other European countries?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard