Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4200|Oklahoma
As long as they are killing each other and not Americans, who gives a shit?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6111|eXtreme to the maX
Who cares if they are killing Americans?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6780|Moscow, Russia
um... americans?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6158|what

So the Tea Party failed to crash the US economy completely.

Maybe next time?

Gotta love the fiscally conservative GOP.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5363|London, England
I think I'm going to drop dead from shock the first time you post anything containing substance.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6158|what

I'm sorry, it's just so laughable the way the Republicans try to do anything.

Like a gov shutdown to end Obamacare. As if it was a valid tactic. lolol
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Considering they control exactly 1/3 of the government what more can they do? Obamacare is failing on its own without their help anyway.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6158|what

Vote to defund it 40+ times?

No, they then also decide shut down the government and cost the country billions in lost GDP.

Do you think they'll try again in Feb to close the govt?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6742|Oxferd Ohire
January?
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

Vote to defund it 40+ times?

No, they then also decide shut down the government and cost the country billions in lost GDP.

Do you think they'll try again in Feb to close the govt?
How did they cost the country billions in GDP?
-Frederick Bastiat
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6158|what

Do a research noob.

https://m.mninews.com/content/sp-us-gov … d-gdp-text

$24 billion... According to S&P.

Totally worth it though right? Look at what they achieved...
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6748|Reality
he dropped dead of shock
RIP Jay
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6329|Graz, Austria
Poor Jay.
Dibs on his yacht club membership!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

Do a research noob.

https://m.mninews.com/content/sp-us-gov … d-gdp-text

$24 billion... According to S&P.

Totally worth it though right? Look at what they achieved...
Utter bullshit. Our economy is circling the drain right now anyway. A bunch of companies just missed their profit targets, home sales have cratered and no one is hiring because of obamacare. 24 billion? Fucking lol. That ain't because government workers temporarily missed a paycheck.

Government contributions to GDP are fictitious anyway. Government doesn't produce anything, it just takes money from the investment and sales pools, discards a chunk due to time loss inefficiencies, and puts it back in the pool. (C + I) - G = P is how it should read.
-Frederick Bastiat
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6748|Reality
Jay is more economically intelligent than S&P. Should he be the next chairman of the Fed?
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Stubbee wrote:

Jay is more economically intelligent than S&P. Should he be the next chairman of the Fed?
Goldman Sachs made it's target for Q3 this year. They did it by cutting compensation by 1/3. JPM Chase missed making a profit for the first time in the past five years in Q3. JC Penny recently took a nose dive. Gold is again skyrocketing in value. They're expecting the slowest Christmas season sales in years. Home sales have cratered in the past few months.

Sure sounds like a recession to me, and all that stuff happened BEFORE October 1st. The government shutdown did fuckall to hurt the economy. It's already in the shitter and being propped up solely by the Fed and its printing press. If the Fed weren't printing 85BN a month, NYSE would be trading near 11k, not 15k. The recovery has been an illusion. We're in a depression and have been since 2007.
-Frederick Bastiat
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6714|England. Stoke
So are you claiming that the government shut down hasn't affected your economy?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Yes.
-Frederick Bastiat
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6714|England. Stoke
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3965|SL,UT

Jay wrote:

They're expecting the slowest Christmas season sales in years.
https://i.imgur.com/4RCmQ3l.jpg

Jay wrote:

Sure sounds like a recession to me, and all that stuff happened BEFORE October 1st. The government shutdown did fuckall to hurt the economy.
wow

in utah, the republican governor made the extraordinary move of funding the closed national parks. the local economies were losing millions. my brother in law, an air traffic controller, worked 16 days without pay (they will be getting back pay). the IRS processing center, and the civilians attached to hill air force base were furloughed, and the shutdown woke up a lot of people to the fact that other business depend on on business that do business with the government.

the people governing did fuckall. the government shutdown hurt us locally.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6158|what

Unfortunately Jay doesn't believe in government stimulus, so has to somehow rationalise the government shutdown didn't affect the economy.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

AussieReaper wrote:

Unfortunately Jay doesn't believe in government stimulus, so has to somehow rationalise the government shutdown didn't affect the economy.
What stimulus? Do you even know what the word means?
-Frederick Bastiat
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6714|England. Stoke

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Ok whether you believe in governmental economic stimulus or not. To claim that a government shutdown hasn't or wouldn't affect an economy is daft.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

coke wrote:

Jay wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Ok whether you believe in governmental economic stimulus or not. To claim that a government shutdown hasn't or wouldn't affect an economy is daft.
It was two weeks, and the National Park Service should be made independent like the Post Office? They charge entry fees and are self sustaining. Obama shut them down to breed anger for political reasons. If you think our economy is dependent on government spending, outside of the tourism industry, you are out of your mind.
-Frederick Bastiat
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6689|United States of America

Jay wrote:

coke wrote:

Jay wrote:

It was two weeks, and the National Park Service should be made independent like the Post Office? They charge entry fees and are self sustaining. Obama shut them down to breed anger for political reasons. If you think our economy is dependent on government spending, outside of the tourism industry, you are out of your mind.
Self-sustaining? I'm not sure about the National Park Service, but the post office is only quasi-independent and lost 15.9 billion dollars in 2012.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard