Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Japan on Tuesday unveiled its biggest warship since World War II, a huge flat-top destroyer that has raised eyebrows in China and elsewhere because it bears a strong resemblance to a conventional aircraft carrier.

The ship, which has a flight deck that is nearly 250 meters (820 feet) long, is designed to carry up to 14 helicopters. Japanese officials say it will be used in national defense - particularly in anti-submarine warfare and border-area surveillance missions -and to bolster the nation's ability to transport personnel and supplies in response to large-scale natural disasters, like the devastating earthquake and tsunami in 2011.

Though the ship - dubbed "Izumo" - has been in the works since 2009, its unveiling comes as Japan and China are locked in a dispute over several small islands located between southern Japan and Taiwan. For months, ships from both countries have been conducting patrols around the isles, called the Senkaku in Japan and the Diaoyutai in China.

The tensions over the islands, along with China's heavy spending on defense and military modernization, have heightened calls in Japan for beefed-up naval and air forces. China recently began operating an aircraft carrier that it refurbished after purchasing from Russia, and is reportedly moving forward with the construction of another that is domestically built.
Great news. Hopefully they will begin to reproduce again soon.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4196|Oklahoma
Ohhh, so you like the Japanese military and not the American one?

How very macbeth-ish of you.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Extra Medium wrote:

yeah because last time the japs had a huge military they didn't commit war crimes on a massive scale amirite.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Extra Medium wrote:

Errr being happy the Japanese are rearming isn't betraying America. Nor is hating the hero worship military people and their families expect over here.
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4526|at your six
Thoughts are controllable only in yourself.

People and useless things cannot be controlled and are designed only to consume your energy offering no rewards.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

A2TG2 wrote:

People and useless things cannot be controlled and are designed only to consume your energy offering no rewards.
https://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9323/yblj.jpg
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin

Macbeth wrote:

Japan on Tuesday unveiled its biggest warship since World War II, a huge flat-top destroyer that has raised eyebrows in China and elsewhere because it bears a strong resemblance to a conventional aircraft carrier.

The ship, which has a flight deck that is nearly 250 meters (820 feet) long, is designed to carry up to 14 helicopters. Japanese officials say it will be used in national defense - particularly in anti-submarine warfare and border-area surveillance missions -and to bolster the nation's ability to transport personnel and supplies in response to large-scale natural disasters, like the devastating earthquake and tsunami in 2011.

Though the ship - dubbed "Izumo" - has been in the works since 2009, its unveiling comes as Japan and China are locked in a dispute over several small islands located between southern Japan and Taiwan. For months, ships from both countries have been conducting patrols around the isles, called the Senkaku in Japan and the Diaoyutai in China.

The tensions over the islands, along with China's heavy spending on defense and military modernization, have heightened calls in Japan for beefed-up naval and air forces. China recently began operating an aircraft carrier that it refurbished after purchasing from Russia, and is reportedly moving forward with the construction of another that is domestically built.
Great news. Hopefully they will begin to reproduce again soon.
I laugh at the loophole the Japanese used to be able to have a mini-aircraft carrier, classify it as a destroyer. Japan doesn't have a military, they have a defense force.

Now they just need more of these carrier-destroyer hybrids and some harriers(fuck the f35b) so they'll be set.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality
There is talk in Japan about rewriting their constitution to remove the part eschewing war.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Stubbee wrote:

There is talk in Japan about rewriting their constitution to remove the part eschewing war.
its very popular right now in japan, its also a means to get rid of the US bases in japan.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Macbeth wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Errr being happy the Japanese are rearming isn't betraying America. Nor is hating the hero worship military people and their families expect over here.
I thought you didn't like the military in general. Why should you be happy about any of them getting more equipment?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

I thought you didn't like the military in general. Why should you be happy about any of them getting more equipment?
he just jelly he couldnt bang asian girls overseas while getting paid to do so.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

I don't dislike the military in general. My foreign policy views are very hawkish in fact. I just don't think the people in the military deserve the respect, praise, worship, and cuddling they all have come to expect and ask of us.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

jsnipy wrote:

A2TG2 wrote:

Hardly think mortal kombat quotes are DATS material.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

Macbeth wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I don't dislike the military in general. My foreign policy views are very hawkish in fact. I just don't think the people in the military deserve the respect, praise, worship, and cuddling they all have come to expect and ask of us.
You don't seem to get that it's not veterans who ask for it, it's the rest of society doing that on their own. Your PEERS expect you to be gracious to the military, not the military people themselves. I know you're an aspie and all, but I thought this was fairly obvious.

But yes, I find it to be mildly annoying too, especially when it's not sincere, or it's sincere for the wrong reasons. Lots of rich white old men love to praise veterans who have gone to fight overseas, so at every sporting event there is a 'veteran of the game' who gets announced. Some people politely clap, and others are moved to near tears in their praise of this person they don't know. It's crass, and exploitative, and the guy up there either just wanted a free ticket or he genuinely wants the adulation. But, this is not everyone. This is a select few. I personally don't go around announcing my former service in the hopes of having people praise me. Most of the time people simply say 'thank you for your service' as an automatic response akin to saying please or thank you. Other times people just become curious and start asking a lot of questions. The former I wave off, the latter I actually enjoy, to a point.

So if the false hero worship bothers you, you have to get over it, because it's not going away anytime soon. There's simply too much money to be made commercializing politeness to veterans.

Last edited by Jay (2013-08-08 05:23:04)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6325|Graz, Austria
Battlefield 5 will feature Japanese vs. Chinese.
Instead of Wake Island, we'll get to play on the Senkaku Islands.
New "Invasion" game mode: Try to capture as many control points from the Chinese coast towards Beijing.

First DLC:
Japs reconquer the Kuril Islands from the Russians.

Second DLC:
Japs vs. Tsunami
Map: nuclear plant in Fukushima prefecture.

Third DLC:
New commander mode: Akihito's Seppuku Brigades
New weapon: Tanto sword for suicide

Final DLC:
Retro expansion: Korea 1945
Japanese fight against Russians and Korean communists
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4196|Oklahoma
More like one team will have 25 Americans and 5 Japs and the other team will be all Chinese.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

You don't seem to get that it's not veterans who ask for it, it's the rest of society doing that on their own. Your PEERS expect you to be gracious to the military, not the military people themselves. I know you're an aspie and all, but I thought this was fairly obvious.

But yes, I find it to be mildly annoying too, especially when it's not sincere, or it's sincere for the wrong reasons. Lots of rich white old men love to praise veterans who have gone to fight overseas, so at every sporting event there is a 'veteran of the game' who gets announced. Some people politely clap, and others are moved to near tears in their praise of this person they don't know. It's crass, and exploitative, and the guy up there either just wanted a free ticket or he genuinely wants the adulation. But, this is not everyone. This is a select few. I personally don't go around announcing my former service in the hopes of having people praise me. Most of the time people simply say 'thank you for your service' as an automatic response akin to saying please or thank you. Other times people just become curious and start asking a lot of questions. The former I wave off, the latter I actually enjoy, to a point.

So if the false hero worship bothers you, you have to get over it, because it's not going away anytime soon. There's simply too much money to be made commercializing politeness to veterans.
You were one of those who wanted to be respected for your service too on this forum. You were always talking up how you "earned" your college because of your military services even though that was a lie. You also called Uzique and me cowards for not joining. Please don't pretend to be above the veteran pity culture.

And you veterans are always asking for help or handouts just because you were in the military. I can't watch a hour of Fox News without seeing one of you crying for donations because you didn't "get enough help from the military".
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Extra Medium wrote:

More like one team will have 25 Americans and 5 Japs and the other team will be all Chinese.
More like one team will have 4 americans and 1 jap and the other team will be 55 chinese.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4196|Oklahoma

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

More like one team will have 4 americans and 1 jap and the other team will be 55 chinese.
QFT
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Sry, 54 chinese and 1 north korean.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

You were one of those who wanted to be respected for your service too on this forum. You were always talking up how you "earned" your college because of your military services even though that was a lie. You also called Uzique and me cowards for not joining. Please don't pretend to be above the veteran pity culture.

And you veterans are always asking for help or handouts just because you were in the military. I can't watch a hour of Fox News without seeing one of you crying for donations because you didn't "get enough help from the military".
I did earn my college education. It was part of the contract I signed when I joined. It's just like any other employer provided contractual benefit. 401k, health care, dental, vision etc. In this case, the military offered to pay for my college education when I successfully completed my contract. I really hate that I keep having to explain this to you.

And yes, you are a coward because you favor intervention but would never have the balls to put yourself in harms way. You're the definition of a chickenhawk.

Last edited by Jay (2013-08-08 16:25:07)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4196|Oklahoma

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

I did earn my college education. It was part of the contract I signed when I joined. It's just like any other employer provided contractual benefit. 401k, health care, dental, vision etc. In this case, the military offered to pay for my college education when I successfully completed my contract. I really hate that I keep having to explain this to you.
It's hard to take what you say seriously when you fucking lie all the time.  Also, you don't have to complete any kind of contract for the GI Bill.  You can use it immediately.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Extra Medium wrote:

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

It's hard to take what you say seriously when you fucking lie all the time.  Also, you don't have to complete any kind of contract for the GI Bill.  You can use it immediately.
No, you can't. You have to serve at least two years and receive at least a general discharge. At two years, the gi bill is prorated. At four years, you get the whole thing.

Faggot.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
I think it will be nice when the US doesn't need to keep starting wars to keep the economy ticking over and donowts on workfare.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-08-09 02:48:49)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Jay wrote:

And yes, you are a coward because you favor intervention but would never have the balls to put yourself in harms way. You're the definition of a chickenhawk.
Pell grants are for low income people. FREE MONEY. You got double handouts from the military and civilian governments. That isn't earning anything. If people in the military want to be treated like heroes they shouldn't be asking for a laundry list of benefits and incentives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard