Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4280

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

who is $70,000 in debt? and wouldn't you have had to go to a top school to incur those sorts of tuition fees?
Random private schools are 30k a year. do some math on how someone can end up 70k in debt.
your fault if you're stupid enough to go to a shitty random private school that will lift you for $30k then. american free-market for you.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-14 08:26:58)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6742

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

who is $70,000 in debt? and wouldn't you have had to go to a top school to incur those sorts of tuition fees?
Random private schools are 30k a year. do some math on how someone can end up 70k in debt.
your fault if you're stupid enough to go to a shitty random private school that will lift you for $30k then. american free-market for you.
those liberal arts colleges you love so much costs around the same.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4280

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

top liberal arts colleges are great schools. some of the best undergraduate educations in america, in fact. they place more students in high-level graduate schemes and law/business schools than most ivy league schools.

don't think medium would be going to one of those, somehow. i asked specifically how he'd get in $70k debt.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-14 08:34:31)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6742

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

top liberal arts colleges are great schools. some of the best undergraduate educations in america, in fact. they place more students in high-level graduate schemes and law/business schools than most ivy league schools.

don't think medium would be going to one of those, somehow. i asked specifically how he'd get in $70k debt.
medium isn't in debt you dolt. read his post properly. guess that english degree didnt help out your reading comprehension.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4280
uuh. he said "i'm glad i'm not in $70k debt". i said "who has that much debt here? [that he is talking to]". then i asked how he'd hypothetically get into that sort of debt, in those figures. he'd have to go to a good school to incur those fees. he ain't going to no good school. i never said he had that sort of debt. attack my reading comprehension again.

like all ingrates he'll dismiss university education with hyperbolic arguments about cost. but it's not like he would be going to a school to get into those high-rank, high-bracket tuition costs, anyway. it's the typical sort of excuse that someone who never goes to college produces. rely on the exceptional example, as if it ever pertained to you. derp.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-14 08:42:18)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6742
not everybody went to a private school that daddy paid for so you can read some books.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4280
ha ha ha. where did i say he should read books? all i said is he ain't ever going to wrack up $70k of debt no matter what school he goes to, or what he studies. it's a false argument. saying "i'm glad i didn't go to college because i avoided $70k of debt". he could go in-state to somewhere modest and do a beloved engi degree. wouldn't cost $70k. his argument makes no sense. he's dismissing uni education as if he'd be going ivy league or private and wracking up huge costs.

and don't be cross that your own dad is a college drop-out so he couldn't send you to a quality private school.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-14 08:49:32)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6742

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

ha ha ha. where did i say he should read books? all i said is he ain't ever going to wrack up $70k of debt no matter what school he goes to, or what he studies. it's a false argument. saying "i'm glad i didn't go to college because i avoided $70k of debt". he could go in-state to somewhere modest and do a beloved engi degree. wouldn't cost $70k. his argument makes no sense. he's dismissing uni education as if he'd be going ivy league or private and wracking up huge costs.

and don't be cross that your own dad is a college drop-out so he couldn't send you to a quality private school.
out of state universities are 30k a year too. UT and UC schools aren't exactly shit either.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4280
this is all extremely hypothetical. my point is saying "whew i dodged $70k debt by not going to uni" is disingenuous. you can go to university in the states for a lot less. it is not a good argument to dismiss university education. waving around the example of the high-costing, most-expensive, to justify not going at all. a lot of people from modest means, or who precisely don't want high debts, go to college... for a lot less.

why is this so difficult for you? justifying not going to ANY university because there are some that cost mega-bucks is fucking stupid. period. it doesn't. make. any. sense. 'so glad i didn't go to the community college down the road! i mean what with harvard costing $60k a year and all! i dodged a bullet!'

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-14 08:56:11)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4280
and for someone who is bragging about how much he earns in another thread, i think it's doubly funny that you're queefing over the (comparatively tiny) debts of college. are you a rich man with a "massive pile of money", or what? you'll go spend $1k on a gun 'because you can', but you never wanted to go to any college - of whatever cost - because the debt is too great? hahaha. lol. spoken like a true rich man. $uch a ball£r.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-14 10:21:42)

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4221|Oklahoma
lol
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4280
> so rich
> avoided college because of loans

"pick 1"
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5611

A Zion, Illinois teen known was slapped with felony charges after allegedly saying he'd 'cause a mass homicide' at his high school should George Zimmerman be acquitted.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/t … z2Z43WYmA5
Is this a reasonable response? I mean on the government's part.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-07-14 16:11:54)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6797|PNW

No.

article title wrote:

Trayvon Martin shooting: Teen threatens 'mass homicide' on Twitter if George Zimmerman is acquitted

actual tweet wrote:

One Chicago-area 15-year-old wrote on Twitter Friday: "If Zimmerman free imam shoot everybody in Zion causing a mass homicide, and ill get away wit it just like Zimmerman (sic)" read the tweet from @Mark12394995.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4280
i'm just gonna refer you americans back to every post you've ever made about that one guy in the UK who got in trouble for saying that one thing on twitter one time.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6349|Graz, Austria

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

No.

article title wrote:

Trayvon Martin shooting: Teen threatens 'mass homicide' on Twitter if George Zimmerman is acquitted

actual tweet wrote:

One Chicago-area 15-year-old wrote on Twitter Friday: "If Zimmerman free imam shoot everybody in Zion causing a mass homicide, and ill get away wit it just like Zimmerman (sic)" read the tweet from @Mark12394995.
Nothing to worry.
It's very unlikely that Zimmerman will become an imam.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6132|eXtreme to the maX

Macbeth wrote:

A Zion, Illinois teen known was slapped with felony charges after allegedly saying he'd 'cause a mass homicide' at his high school should George Zimmerman be acquitted.

Which part, that he was charged with disorderly conduct? No problem.

I like how everyone is screaming racism when Martin was quoted as making a racist comment.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4280

Dilbert_X wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Which part, that he was charged with disorderly conduct? No problem.

I like how everyone is screaming racism when Martin was quoted as making a racist comment.
asking a person why he is being a "white creepy cracker" is not exactly making a racist attack. if the way you speak is to use terms like 'cracka' and 'nigga' casually, i.e. street argot, is that racist? that's like investigating every single gang shooting or heated exchange that involves the use of the term "nigga" as being 'racially motivated'. the kid was 17. people in certain parts of the world speak like that: home/local culture, street dialect that you have to speak to be 'in' with your social sub-group, hip-hop music and media culture, etc. it's not exactly conclusive proof of a racist motivation. 2 witnesses were examined on this point and both said they had no knowledge of trayvon holding racist beliefs.

and who here is "screaming racism"?

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-15 04:33:57)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Saying someone is a 'shifty looking nigger' would be though?
Its interesting that its OK to use racist tags in black culture but white people aren't allowed the same leeway.

I was referring to the general howls of racism about the Zimmerman case.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5204|Sydney

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its interesting that its OK to use racist tags in black culture but white people aren't allowed the same leeway.
Only because you don't understand it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
What do I need to understand?

Black people can call white people crackers because 'its their culture'?

White people can't call black people niggers ever?

If Zimmerman had phoned a friend and said "there's this creepy looking nigger hanging around" his feet wouldn't have touched the ground and he'd be doing life right now - even in the South.

As it is Martin apparently expressed a racist viewpoint, according to pretty well every witness he was on top in the fight, and he's the victim.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-07-15 06:38:56)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6742
cracker is the weakest racist term ever.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4221|Oklahoma

Cybargs wrote:

cracker is the weakest racist term ever.
Wind chimes.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5611

Asiana Airlines says it will proceed with its planned lawsuit against an Oakland, California, television station -- but it's not going to pursue legal action against the National Transportation Safety Board.

Over the weekend, the Korean airlines had said it would sue both entities after an intern at the NTSB mistakenly confirmed "inaccurate and offensive" names as those of the pilots of ill-fated Flight 214.

The bogus names that phonetically spelled out phrases such as "Something Wrong" and "We Too Low" were read during KTVU's noon broadcast on Friday. The airline called the report "demeaning" and said it was "reviewing possible legal action."

Monday morning, the airline seemed to have a partial change of heart.

Airline spokesman Na Chul-hee said Asiana has retained a U.S. law firm to file a defamation claim against the TV station. But, he said, the company didn't have plans to file a separate suit against the NTSB.

"After a legal review, the company decided to file a law suit against the network because it was their report that resulted in damaging the company's image," he said.
Political correctness gone mad or a case with merit?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4280

Dilbert_X wrote:

What do I need to understand?

Black people can call white people crackers because 'its their culture'?

White people can't call black people niggers ever?

If Zimmerman had phoned a friend and said "there's this creepy looking nigger hanging around" his feet wouldn't have touched the ground and he'd be doing life right now - even in the South.

As it is Martin apparently expressed a racist viewpoint, according to pretty well every witness he was on top in the fight, and he's the victim.
first off, 'cracker' is not exactly a devastatingly racist term. i have never heard anyone be insulted or racially oppressed by use of the term 'cracker'. it's on about the same level of disrespect as calling someone a "dude" (a word with a literally pejorative term, just as cracker is too, technically). white people were never enslaved and oppressed and treated as second-class citizens (if they were even treated as human at all). every word has a history and a socially-constituted meaning - denotations and connotations. 'nigger' is pretty obviously an insta-shot of racist espresso, dumping hundreds of years of enslavement and serious civil-rights inequality into one neat trochaic word.

i'm not surprised you have to have this explained to you. 'cracker' is mildly offensive, at best. 'nigger' is a word with serious baggage. words accrete these social meanings through their social history and contextual use. it's obvious 'cracker' is not on a level of taboo as 'nigger'. having this explained to you is patently ludicrous.

and, cf. first point again. 'cracker' is used as casually in street-talk as 'nigga' (different from 'nigger'). it's just phatic talk. it doesn't imply any racist intent whatsoever. it's hard to accuse someone of acting out of racist ideology or hatred when they were the ones being approached and harassed. i'm sure it's really the fault of trayvon's crypto-racist beliefs that zimmerman decided to approach him. right.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-15 07:29:26)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard