Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6785|Moscow, Russia

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

and do you really think it isn't russian state interests killing off these old dissidents? i mean the jury is still out on the berezovsky thing... but litvinenko is fairly black and white, no?
no, i don't mean it's not the interest, i mean it's not only "kgb" who does it.
do you not know what the suffix -esque means? it means 'in the fashion/style of'. KGB-esque means that the methods of their death seem, well, stereotypically shadowy and espionage-like.
okay. you employ the stereotype to illustrate a point. got it. my point is, it's getting kinda old. you can do better, i know you can.

and "good riddance" to political dissidents?
"political dissidents"? you don't know the half of it. would, say, al capone become a "political dissident" if he fled to russia?

or rather "traitors", as you call them?
orly? k, go ahead and tell the english for "a secret service agent who defects to another country".

geez. someone's got a case of the totalitarian blues. putin the saviour, eh? not a criminal at all.
*yawn*

Last edited by Shahter (2013-03-24 07:49:02)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264
i don't regard a secret service worker who defects a "traitor" under all circumstances, no. it depends on the state he was working for, and what sort of policies/conditions he was defecting from.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6785|Moscow, Russia

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i don't regard a secret service worker who defects a "traitor" under all circumstances, no. it depends on the state he was working for, and what sort of policies/conditions he was defecting from.
and you assume that you know about the state, policies, conditions and other crap in litvinenko' case? what about berezovsky - what do you know about his situation?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Shahter wrote:

no, i don't mean it's not the interest, i mean it's not only "kgb" who does it.
well no shit not only the KGB does it. But they just do it so much in the open it's not even funny.

It's funny how when russia does it, everyone just gets pissy and forgets about it, but when israel pulled off that hamas chief assassination everyone got up in their panties.
this post is retarded. so retarded i can't even tell whether you are trying to imply "just gets pissy" is worse, or "got up in their panties" is worse. how about you communicate in standard english, so we can understand your usual rigmarole of pained retardation?

i always thought "got up in [their/her] pants" was an expression for getting laid with someone, or getting some action. maybe you mean "got their panties in a twist"? but what implies more annoyance, here - getting "pissy" or geting one's "panties in a twist"? jesus christ talk fucking english.
Look at the amount of outrage against israel by the west for using forged passports (aussie, UK etc) vs the outrage against the russian government of their own extrajudicial killing.

shahster: lol so its a-ok killing people you don't like? kinda against the idea of rule of law isn't it?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6785|Moscow, Russia

Cybargs wrote:

shahster: lol so its a-ok killing people you don't like? kinda against the idea of rule of law isn't it?
by russian law both berezovsky and litvinenko were looking at life sentence for what they'd been wanted for, that is if uk released them into russian jurisdiction. but, as i said, i'm totally fine with how it turned out. good riddance.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

by russian law both berezovsky and litvinenko were looking at life sentence for what they'd been wanted for, that is if uk released them into russian jurisdiction. but, as i said, i'm totally fine with how it turned out. good riddance.
so we should let death squads of any country cross borders and hunt down asylum seekers? lolwat.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6785|Moscow, Russia

Cybargs wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

so we should let death squads of any country cross borders and hunt down asylum seekers? lolwat.
you are welcome to try to prevent that. if you can. litvinenko, berezovsky (possibly), saddam hussein, muammar gaddafi, and many others couldn't. that's the reality of the world around you, kiddie. scary, isn't it?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Shahter wrote:

you are welcome to try to prevent that. if you can. litvinenko, berezovsky (possibly), saddam hussein, muammar gaddafi, and many others couldn't. that's the reality of the world around you, kiddie. scary, isn't it?
that putin vodka must be some good shit
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

but that's what the whole policy of seeking political asylum/refuge is about. if someone runs into trouble with their home government, and the international legality of the case is uncertain, they can be granted a safe-haven on the grounds of political freedom in another country. you can't just send spies and squads of people to kill those who are in ill favour with your state. that's not how being a member of the international community works. britain doesn't send crack-squads of SAS soldiers or MI5 spies to kill ex-journos who have fallen from british favour. piers morgan hasn't been assassinated. america didn't get the CIA to bump off assange when he was hiding in that london embassy. you can't do that, man. it's not exactly 'diplomatic', is it? this is why russia is seen as a backwards ass country, and not because we "think there are bears walking around moscow" (lol wtf). it's because you act like you're still under a fucking tsar, and like acting with the legal impunity and power of a god is okay.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-24 08:30:18)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6785|Moscow, Russia
@cybargs: protip: don't start these discussions if you have nothing to say - might be one less time you look like an idiot.

Last edited by Shahter (2013-03-24 08:31:55)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6785|Moscow, Russia

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

but that's what the whole policy of seeking political asylum/refuge is about. if someone runs into trouble with their home government, and the international legality of the case is uncertain, they can be granted a safe-haven on the grounds of political freedom in another country. you can't just send spies and squads of people to kill those who are in ill favour with your state. that's not how being a member of the international community works. britain doesn't send crack-squads of SAS soldiers or MI5 spies to kill ex-journos who have fallen from british favour. piers morgan hasn't been assassinated. america didn't get the CIA to bump off assange when he was hiding in that london embassy. you can't do that, man. it's not exactly 'diplomatic', is it? this is why russia is seen as a backwards ass country, and not because we "think there are bears walking around moscow" (lol wtf). it's because you act like you're still under a fucking tsar, and like acting with the legal impunity and power of a god is okay.
well, saddam hussein got "brought to justice" as they called it against both his will and international law, right? muammar gaddafi for bombed to hell without as much as a word about trial or anything like that - how about that? osama bin laden is said to have been assassinated on pakistani territory without their permission and his corpse dumped into the ocean somewhere - what do you say about that? and how exactly are you so sure mi5 or cia don't off people "kgb-style"? because there's nothing in newspapers about it?

stop this already. it's silly. the geenie's been out of the bottle since forever. deal with it.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264
saddam hussein was a dictator. are you comparing dictators with complete legal/military control over a country to civil servants and journalists who disagree with their leadership, and want freedom to criticize or leave it? LOL.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-24 08:57:42)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6785|Moscow, Russia

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

saddam hussein was a dictator.
by international law? does the law even define such a thing? on what grounds have they took, tried and executed him again?

are you comparing dictators with complete legal/military control over a country to civil servants and journalists who disagree with their leadership, and want freedom to criticize or leave it
or to defect and sell the secrets of the state they've been entrusted with to the highest bidder? i repeat my question: what exactly do you know about litvinenko and berezovsky that makes you think them "political dissidents"?

LOL.
lol yourself.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264
how do you define 'sell'? these men were oligarchs. everything had a price. ditto with journalists, like that woman who was murdered. of course everything she discloses has been "sold", it's her profession to report things and get paid for it. assange got "paid" for wikileaks. did the US go and murder him?

and the point with saddam being a dictator is that the situation is completely different. a dictator is not oppressed within his own country. a dictator has the last word. a dictator doesn't want to leave his own country because he fears the intelligence services, or the law/courts, or being assassinated. a dictator is kinda like, you know, the exact figure these other people in question flee from. it's a terrible comparison. was the west right to intervene and kill saddam? that's up for debate. i'd say no. but it's a completely different matter to killing a journalist for publicizing negative parts about a government. totally different principle.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726
They should have tried Saddam under the ICC in the first place tbh, instead of an iraqi court which is obviously stacked against him.

and lol@ comparing assassinating journalists/business and dictators. people like julian assange need to be assasinated amirite.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264
there's very little debate here. our terms and our positions are so fundamentally different. i argue with the basic proposition that you can't kill someone who voices criticism/dissent, or who turns against their government. 'treason' only exists in the west now as a legal archaism, seldom used except in times of national emergency/war. the last time someone was executed for 'treason' in the UK was 1946, and that was lord haw haw, a famous fascist collaborator/propagandist. 1946. the end of world war 2. and he was executed after a trial.

so long as you think it's okay to execute 'traitors', in 2013, summarily without any trial or due legal process... ok. we have nothing to debate. you are still living under the epistemological terms of stalinism.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6785|Moscow, Russia

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

how do you define 'sell'? these men were oligarchs. everything had a price. ditto with journalists, like that woman who was murdered. of course everything she discloses has been "sold", it's her profession to report things and get paid for it.
yeah, but then there are repercussions for that too, and in case of litvinenko he's been actually signed into that and agreed. and then fled. for that, as it turns out, you get poisoned with polonium sometimes. totally fine by me.

in berezovsky case, of which, judging by your continuous dodging of the question, you know total zilch, it's even more clear. he's a fucking "al capone-style" criminal? ffs. we are talking racketing, assassinations of competition, financial fraud, corrupt politician ties, you name it. it's all there.

assange got "paid" for wikileaks. did the US go and murder him?
you ask me - they should.

and the point with saddam being a dictator is that the situation is completely different. a dictator is not oppressed within his own country. a dictator has the last word. a dictator doesn't want to leave his own country because he fears the intelligence services, or the law/courts, or being assassinated. a dictator is kinda like, you know, the exact figure these other people in question flee from. it's a terrible comparison. was the west right to intervene and kill saddam? that's up for debate. i'd say no. but it's a completely different matter to killing a journalist for publicizing negative parts about a government. totally different principle.
you started talking "international law" here, not me. in the face of that law, saddam and litvinenko stand as exactly the same - people who were killed against that law. yours, mine or my mother-in-law's personal notions of what dictatorship, oppression, journalism and treason are has no bearing on this whatsoever.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264

Shahter wrote:

in berezovsky case, of which, judging by your continuous dodging of the question, you know total zilch, it's even more clear. he's a fucking "al capone-style" criminal? ffs. we are talking racketing, assassinations of competition, financial fraud, corrupt politician ties, you name it. it's all there.
so extradite him. try him in a court. i'm sure if he is clearly a criminal, it will not be hard to get the due legal process to extradite him to a court. why didn't you do that? is it possibly because every oligarch and person wielding power in russia now got to their positions through rapacious crony-capitalism, after the fall of the USSR? that those activities and shady dealings were endemic throughout the political/business ruling class of the period? possibly. it's hard to try someone in a court when you are a hypocrite.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-24 09:31:51)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6785|Moscow, Russia

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Shahter wrote:

so extradite him. try him in a court. i'm sure if he is clearly a criminal, it will not be hard to get the due legal process to extradite him to a court. why didn't you do that?
you really know nothing about this case, do you? they have been trying to extradite him for fucking years, but uk would not release him into russian jurisdiction, regardless of how much evidence has been thrown at them. why? because that's been the policy since, like, forever. somebody's been stuck on the old cold-war shit for far too long.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4264
so you can't muster the legal power to get an extradition case... kill him. ok. again, i await assange's death.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726

Shahter wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Shahter wrote:

so extradite him. try him in a court. i'm sure if he is clearly a criminal, it will not be hard to get the due legal process to extradite him to a court. why didn't you do that?
you really know nothing about this case, do you? they have been trying to extradite him for fucking years, but uk would not release him into russian jurisdiction, regardless of how much evidence has been thrown at them. why? because that's been the policy since, like, forever. somebody's been stuck on the old cold-war shit for far too long.
Obviously the UK won't hand over a person who seeked POLITICAL ASYLUM back to the state he's escaping from. So I guess it's just ok to murder the dude. So much for rule of law amirite.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6785|Moscow, Russia

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

so you can't muster the legal power to get an extradition case... kill him. ok. again, i await assange's death.
well, berezovsky was very good at manipulating corrupt politicians in russia, i bet he was just as good at it in uk. it's kinda hard to "muster the legal power" under such circumstances. as i said, there are ways of dealing with that and those are being used by everybody, like it or not.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6785|Moscow, Russia

Cybargs wrote:

Obviously the UK won't hand over a person who seeked POLITICAL ASYLUM back to the state he's escaping from. So I guess it's just ok to murder the dude. So much for rule of law amirite.
would it be okay to murder al capone if he ran away and got "political asylum" in russia?

Last edited by Shahter (2013-03-24 09:53:20)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726

Shahter wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

well, berezovsky was very good at manipulating corrupt politicians in russia, i bet he was just as good at it in uk. it's kinda hard to "muster the legal power" under such circumstances. as i said, there are ways of dealing with that and those are being used by everybody, like it or not.
Corruption in the UK vs corruption in Russia.

Lulz.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard