Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Hyperbolic title sure but it gets the point across and to be fair worse things have been said on this forum about Christianity.
Afghans angry over the burning of a Quran at a small Florida church stormed a U.N. compound in northern Afghanistan on Friday, killing seven foreigners, including four Nepalese guards.

Afghan authorities suspect insurgents melded into the mob and they announced the arrest of more than 20 people, including a militant they suspect was the ringleader of the assault in Mazar-i-Sharif, the provincial capital of Balkh province. The suspect was an insurgent from Kapisa province, a hotbed of militancy about 250 miles (400 kilometers) southeast of the city, said Rawof Taj, deputy provincial police chief.

The topic of Quran burning stirred outrage among millions of Muslims and others worldwide after the Rev. Terry Jones' small church, Dove Outreach Center, threatened to destroy a copy of the holy book last year. The pastor backed down but the church in Gainesville, Florida, went through with the burning last month.
I hate all religions. Every single one is absolute shit and corrosive to the human spirit. But out of all the religions and belief systems in the world Islam is the absolute worse. No other religion, nowadays, creates or is used as an excuse for human suffering as much as Islam is.

The dumbass Lotta Drool may have had a point about the differences between religions even if he was just trolling. I'm willing to bet anything that if the U.S. had invaded Bolivia and then some dipshit Southerner set a Catholic bible on fire and and posted it on the internet the Bolivians wouldn't have rioted and killed 7 random innocent people. And Bolivia is the least developed country on an entire continent of poorly developed states so you can't blame poverty.

I know the history of Islam and everything that came out of the Islamic Golden Age and how the Crusades and Mongol conquest ended it and everything but honestly Islam stopped contributing to the Earth in the 1300's. I don't see why saying Islam is shit is such a huge taboo in the world and people label you a racist or islamophobic if you even mention how terrible it is.

I eat a lot of Arabic food, one of my best friends is Iranian, I lost my virginity to a Jordain girl, if I let my hair grow a little too much I get mistaken for being Arabic and have been on the receiving end of anti-Arabic sentiment, I really can't stress enough how I have nothing against middle easterners but honestly, the dominant religion in that area needs to die if the area ever wants to go anywhere.

end rant
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Looks like I a word in the title.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
Modern Islam is fine ... it's the militant nutters that are the blight.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669
sounds like a load of shite too me. i mean are things in afghanistan REALLY that fucked up where something that wasn't even really newsworthy months ago has made it's way there now?

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2011-04-01 19:26:34)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Macbeth wrote:

Hyperbolic title sure but it gets the point across and to be fair worse things have been said on this forum about Christianity.
Afghans angry over the burning of a Quran at a small Florida church stormed a U.N. compound in northern Afghanistan on Friday, killing seven foreigners, including four Nepalese guards.

Afghan authorities suspect insurgents melded into the mob and they announced the arrest of more than 20 people, including a militant they suspect was the ringleader of the assault in Mazar-i-Sharif, the provincial capital of Balkh province. The suspect was an insurgent from Kapisa province, a hotbed of militancy about 250 miles (400 kilometers) southeast of the city, said Rawof Taj, deputy provincial police chief.

The topic of Quran burning stirred outrage among millions of Muslims and others worldwide after the Rev. Terry Jones' small church, Dove Outreach Center, threatened to destroy a copy of the holy book last year. The pastor backed down but the church in Gainesville, Florida, went through with the burning last month.
I hate all religions. Every single one is absolute shit and corrosive to the human spirit. But out of all the religions and belief systems in the world Islam is the absolute worse. No other religion, nowadays, creates or is used as an excuse for human suffering as much as Islam is.

The dumbass Lotta Drool may have had a point about the differences between religions even if he was just trolling. I'm willing to bet anything that if the U.S. had invaded Bolivia and then some dipshit Southerner set a Catholic bible on fire and and posted it on the internet the Bolivians wouldn't have rioted and killed 7 random innocent people. And Bolivia is the least developed country on an entire continent of poorly developed states so you can't blame poverty.

I know the history of Islam and everything that came out of the Islamic Golden Age and how the Crusades and Mongol conquest ended it and everything but honestly Islam stopped contributing to the Earth in the 1300's. I don't see why saying Islam is shit is such a huge taboo in the world and people label you a racist or islamophobic if you even mention how terrible it is.

I eat a lot of Arabic food, one of my best friends is Iranian, I lost my virginity to a Jordain girl, if I let my hair grow a little too much I get mistaken for being Arabic and have been on the receiving end of anti-Arabic sentiment, I really can't stress enough how I have nothing against middle easterners but honestly, the dominant religion in that area needs to die if the area ever wants to go anywhere.

end rant
you mean after all the shit that has been done in the name of Islam over the past decade, THIS is what it took to convince you that, hey, Islam isn't very peaceful after all?

I never get tired of the irony of watching Muslims turn violent in protest of being depicted as violent. Only thing more entertaining is reading  people on this board talking about "it is only a few".  You guys gotta be running out of fingers to plug the holes in that bursting dam of a "few" violent Muslims.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Catholics have blown up ten times as many Brits as muslims have.

I'd say Catholicism has had at least as nasty an effect on the world as Islam, but really all these prehistoric religions are obsolete and we'd be better off without them.

lowing wrote:

I never get tired of the irony of watching Muslims turn violent in protest of being depicted as violent. Only thing more entertaining is reading  people on this board talking about "it is only a few".
And I never get tired of the irony watching christians starting wars to bring about peace and prosperity.
As if Jebus suggested war was always the only solution....

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-04-02 05:53:45)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Catholics have blown up ten times as many Brits as muslims have.

I'd say Catholicism has had at least as nasty an effect on the world as Islam, but really all these prehistoric religions are obsolete and we'd be better off without them.

lowing wrote:

I never get tired of the irony of watching Muslims turn violent in protest of being depicted as violent. Only thing more entertaining is reading  people on this board talking about "it is only a few".
And I never get tired of the irony watching christians starting wars to bring about peace and prosperity.
As if Jebus suggested war was always the only solution....
Didn't know we were fighting for the church, do tell. Also , what wars did the Christians start in the name of Christianity and Jesus? Oh wait, is this where you being up 1000 year old history again, while everyone else talks about current events?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Lets see, how many of your Presidents have been Christians? Congresspersons?
Is it all of them?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Why is In God we Trust printed on your money? "One nation under God." Evolution shouldn't be taught in school unless the "controversy" is also taught. ie Creationism.

Mankind must put an end to religion or it will put an end to mankind.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Is it all of them?
Plenty of action taken by Christian presidents, can't think of a single one that did so in the name of the church.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
ya thats kind of week dilbert.  and go back to AU spam AR and stop trolling.

i dont know anyone who joins the military to go fight wars for the curch.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Islam = third world religion.  Christianity = first world.

Thats why one is "violent" and one is not.  Throw any religious person into a shithole war torn country, teach them nothing but poverty, oppression, murder, rape, violence, and in Afgahnistan, make them all opium addicts.  Oh, and also forget to educate them.  Then burn the symbol of one of the only things they have, their religion.  Outcome is going to be the same, every time.

I've been saying this for a while now on here and to me it makes perfect sense.  You cannot just point to someone's faith and say that is why they are acting certain ways.  The Muslims in Saudi Arabia who have oogles of billions of oil dollars living in mansions made of gold hardly seem to care about this Florida guy burning a Koran.  See my point?

Last edited by Spearhead (2011-04-02 08:15:32)

Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال
Yes
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

Spearhead wrote:

Thats why one is "violent" and one is not.  Throw any religious person into a shithole war torn country, teach them nothing but poverty, oppression, murder, rape, violence, and in Afgahnistan, make them all opium addicts.  Oh, and also forget to educate them.  Then burn the symbol of one of the only things they have, their religion.  Outcome is going to be the same, every time.

I've been saying this for a while now on here and to me it makes perfect sense.  You cannot just point to someone's faith and say that is why they are acting certain ways.  The Muslims in Saudi Arabia who have oogles of billions of oil dollars living in mansions made of gold hardly seem to care about this Florida guy burning a Koran.  See my point?
one of the best posts from an american i've read in D&ST on the matter of islam
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6713|Reality

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Is it all of them?
Plenty of action taken by Christian presidents, can't think of a single one that did so in the name of the church.
the closest being GWB

'in god we trust' was not on all the money in the infancy of the USA, it crept in as more people forgot the founding ideals of the USA
the original pledge of allegiance did not refer to god, it was added as more people forgot the founding ideals of the USA

it is not a coincidence that the founding fathers excluded religion from the constitution. that is not to say they were not religious people but they represented so many different versions of christianity that allowing one faction to gain power over the rest through subversion of the constitution drove them to specifically not bring religion in to the constitution.

in marked contrast, the states, being insular regions of religious groups, almost all have a reference to religion in their state constitutions and indeed in some states you cannot hold public office or offer sworn testimony if you do not profess a belief in god.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Stubbee wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Is it all of them?
the closest being GWB

'in god we trust' was not on all the money in the infancy of the USA, it crept in as more people forgot the founding ideals of the USA
the original pledge of allegiance did not refer to god, it was added as more people forgot the founding ideals of the USA

it is not a coincidence that the founding fathers excluded religion from the constitution. that is not to say they were not religious people but they represented so many different versions of christianity that allowing one faction to gain power over the rest through subversion of the constitution drove them to specifically not bring religion in to the constitution.

in marked contrast, the states, being insular regions of religious groups, almost all have a reference to religion in their state constitutions and indeed in some states you cannot hold public office or offer sworn testimony if you do not profess a belief in god.
Fuck off with your atheistic preaching. It's as annoying and unwelcome as any evangelistic bullshit.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...

Spearhead wrote:

Don't bother, I've been trying to make this point for years but its not accepted around here. No sir it has to be the damn religion. Not to mention that removing a religion by force is literally impossible.
inane little opines
Stubbee
+223|6713|Reality
what the fuck are you talking about Jay?
pointing out that religion was specifically excluded from your constitution is not preaching. it is history that religious people want to forget.

Last edited by Stubbee (2011-04-02 08:43:48)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

Shocking wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Don't bother, I've been trying to make this point for years but its not accepted around here. No sir it has to be the damn religion. Not to mention that removing a religion by force is literally impossible.
i'm always accused of being a smarmy smartass when i tell people to go read a history book
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Stubbee wrote:

what the fuck are you talking about?
pointing out that religion was specifically excluded from your constitution is not preaching. it is history that religious people want to forget.
I'm not religious, I just think you're an annoying fuck and a broken record. This is at least the third time I've seen you post what you did. Fuck off already.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA
Oh look, another Islam thread.

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/53068/longneckreactionspace.jpg
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Stubbee
+223|6713|Reality

Jay wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

I'm not religious, I just think you're an annoying fuck and a broken record. This is at least the third time I've seen you post what you did. Fuck off already.
but do you agree or disagree with the statement? how about you address that instead of slinging insults?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Stubbee wrote:

Jay wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

but do you agree or disagree with the statement? how about you address that instead of slinging insults?
You're not even American so why would I argue with you about American history?
-Frederick Bastiat
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA

Stubbee wrote:

Jay wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

It's another stupid fucking Islam thread. That's why, its a broken record.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Uzique wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

one of the best posts from an american i've read in D&ST on the matter of islam
This has been said repeatedly, by many different posters, Uzique.

And Stubs, the GWB allusion is simply wrong. Too many take words he said out of context, as well as dismiss the overall national security decision-making process that the entirety of government must go through to take the US to war. It's not a one-man show.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard