Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6145|...
Just now on the TV behind me;

"Arab states criticize western military action, states it wanted protection of civillians, not bombing"

Is this like a giant 'stab-you-in-the-back' campaign?
inane little opines
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5383|Cleveland, Ohio

Shocking wrote:

Just now on the TV behind me;

"Arab states criticize western military action, states it wanted protection of civillians, not bombing"

Is this like a giant 'stab-you-in-the-back' campaign?
cough told you cough
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6556|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

C2 and air defenses have to be taken down to ensure the NFZ doesn't get mucked with.

People have been saying that since the NFZ has started to be discussed, Dilbert.
And I predicted it would happen before the NFZ was announced.

Announcing a NFZ doesn't give the right to flatten everything on the ground which emits a radio signal.
Its a no-fly zone, not a no-radar zone.
C2 and air defenses endanger those executing the NFZ. It has been done in every NFZ operation executed. To not do it would be abysmally stupid.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6145|...
Well I did say they should've imposed an NFL themselves instead of asking the security council. Nevertheless I'm not opposed to us doing that, either. What's surprising to me is that they're actually criticizing us, while: A - asking us to intervene, B - supporting every UN resolution, C - not lifting a finger themselves.

I thought this would've been beneficial to relations with the ME because apparantly all of them hated Gadaffi, guess they hate us more still. Enough even to ignore all previous statements they made.

Last edited by Shocking (2011-03-20 07:23:52)

inane little opines
11 Bravo
Banned

FEOS wrote:

C2 and air defenses endanger those executing the NFZ.
and lobbing missiles all over the country endanger the civilians they are supposedly there to protect.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6145|...
Disabling air defences and the ground targets that were supposedly killing civillians seemed like the logical thing to do.

But yeah now arab states leaders are accusing us of killing civs, great.
inane little opines
FEOS
+1,182|6556|'Murka

11 Bravo wrote:

FEOS wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

did curveball tell you that?
No. Try Google.
well golly they are so dangerous why did we wait until now?  or better yet why are we pissing him off into using them?
Arguments have been made by others that Daffy might use them against the rebels to protect his regime. I fully realize it becomes somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophesy.

And calm down. You've obviously mistaken me for someone who thinks this is all a good idea.

11 Bravo wrote:

and lobbing missiles all over the country endanger the civilians they are supposedly there to protect.
you know full well those missiles aren't just being randomly thrown over Libya with no thought to collateral damage.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
11 Bravo
Banned

Shocking wrote:

But yeah now arab states leaders are accusing us of killing civs, great.
fuck the arabs
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6614

FatherTed wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

UN shouldn't exist.
do you have any actual opinions of your own?
He's home-schooled.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6145|...
I'm getting this all from BBC btw, not sure if they updated the site yet. Just now they stated;

"Syria agreed with imposing a no fly zone but disagreed with military action"... lol, they're calling it a 'little wobble' in the arab states.
inane little opines
FEOS
+1,182|6556|'Murka

Shocking wrote:

I'm getting this all from BBC btw, not sure if they updated the site yet. Just now they stated;

"Syria agreed with imposing a no fly zone but disagreed with military action"... lol, they're calling it a 'little wobble' in the arab states.
I wonder if Syria's "wobble" is related to this?

Reuters
updated 1 hour 11 minutes ago

DAMASCUS — Thousands of Syrians demanded an end to 48 years of emergency law on Sunday, a third straight day of protests emerging as the biggest challenge to Syria's rulers since unrest swept the Arab world this year.
― Albert Einstein

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6145|...
No doubt, but the secretary general of the arab states himself is accusing us of bombing civillians, pretty unbelievable.
inane little opines
FEOS
+1,182|6556|'Murka

Shocking wrote:

No doubt, but the secretary general of the arab states himself is accusing us of bombing civillians, pretty unbelievable.
Actually, pretty predictable, tbh. If a Westerner farts, they claim civilian deaths because they know it will play in the media...when they don't give two shits about civilian deaths themselves.
― Albert Einstein

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5503|London, England

Shocking wrote:

Why are you surprised? Create a common enemy, stir up hatred, profit. Hatred for the west is most of what keeps Arab despots in control.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6145|...
Predictable I guess - but considering an important reason for the intervention probably was to improve relations with the ME (and I assume the ME would want to improve their relations with us as well), I wonder what makes them feel it's a good idea to make a 180 degrees turn in stance.

I suppose it's probably in style to blame the west for everything around those parts of the world, regardless of it being justified action or not.

Jay wrote:

Why are you surprised? Create a common enemy, stir up hatred, profit. Hatred for the west is most of what keeps Arab despots in control.
Not exactly surprised, more confused.

Last edited by Shocking (2011-03-20 08:03:36)

inane little opines
11 Bravo
Banned
yet another reason not to get involved ever again anywhere.  see sig
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Shocking wrote:

Predictable I guess - but considering an important reason for the intervention probably was to improve relations with the ME (and I assume the ME would want to improve their relations with us as well), I wonder what makes them feel it's a good idea to make a 180 degrees turn in stance.

I suppose it's probably in style to blame the west for everything around those parts of the world, regardless of it being justified action or not.
If we'd stayed out they would've called us heartless assholes. They would find a way to criticize us if we terraformed their deserts into gardens. Dunno why you expect otherwise.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned
i think im gonna vote for donald trump if he runs.  or paul.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6145|...
Guess a little rationality is too much to ask?

Some of those states just had revolutions themselves

Point is that by denouncing our action they're not exactly doing themselves a favor, either.

Last edited by Shocking (2011-03-20 08:11:50)

inane little opines
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Shocking wrote:

You're talking about politics. Rationality doesn't come into play. If Obama was seen eating a carrot, fox news would write an article comparing him to bugs bunny and about the health risk of carrots.
-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6797|USA

Jay wrote:

Shocking wrote:

You're talking about politics. Rationality doesn't come into play. If Obama was seen eating a carrot, fox news would write an article comparing him to bugs bunny and about the health risk of carrots.
lol or blaming the weather on Bush?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

lowing wrote:

Jay wrote:

Shocking wrote:

lol or blaming the weather on Bush?
Same shit.
-Frederick Bastiat
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6368|Escea

Shocking wrote:

According to one eyewitness the Libyans are taking civvie casualties from past fights (before the NFZ) and placing them around targets they think will be bombed.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5895|شمال
Fuck amr moussa
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
11 Bravo
Banned
more civs will die due to us "protecting them" then if we had just left it alone

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard