Heffty
+9|6738|Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I haven't bought new hardware for my computer since mid BF2 when I built a dual core machine with a raptor and 2G of ram! She sure loaded those maps a lot faster than my AMD XP3200 I had when I bought BF2. lol.

So I thought I'd start this thread to explore what hardware requirements will be needed for BF3 to play it on the highest settings. I'm sure some of these details will become more apparent once the game or maybe even the BETA is out. I plan to pre order the game, and then build a new rig the week it comes out. Now I know the enthusiasts will want to go crazy and spend ooodles on water cooled this and that. I for one just want to play the game at it's highest settings with no problems, and have maps load as fast as possible similar to what we all wanted in BF2 when it first came out. I am interested to hear the thoughts of the BF2s community here on the subject as the year progresses.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

can you give a budget?

also, you can check out some current builds in the tech section;

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewforum.php?id=28

Last edited by burnzz (2011-03-18 17:50:30)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Are min specs out yet? With any new build right now I would go 2500k, 2600k or wait for bulldozer. At least for a gaming build. video card as budget needs. Mobo and Psu with crossfire, sli capabilities to allow for futureproofing. Mobo also with good ocing, good heatsink. Case as per taste.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I'd hold your horses to see what's available come fall if you're only set on BF3.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

If you're only building a PC for BF3 - wait till like a fortnight pre-release, to get the best bang for your buck.

That's what I'm doing for a new graphics card
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6482|Gold Coast

Nic wrote:

Are min specs out yet? With any new build right now I would go 2500k, 2600k or wait for bulldozer. At least for a gaming build. video card as budget needs. Mobo and Psu with crossfire, sli capabilities to allow for futureproofing. Mobo also with good ocing, good heatsink. Case as per taste.
2.5-2.6 million dollars?

noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.

KuSTaV wrote:

Nic wrote:

2.5-2.6 million dollars?

For that much you could probably get a comp powerful enough to run crysis

/2 year old joke
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

pirana6 wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

Nic wrote:

2.5-2.6 million dollars?

/2 year old joke
Three years old.
Heffty
+9|6738|Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yeah I'm definitely waiting until the game is out and people know what's what. I will probably drop around $2000.

pirana6 wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

Nic wrote:

2.5-2.6 million dollars?

/2 year old joke
and crysis was a let down too
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

2.5-2.6 million dollars?

/2 year old joke
and crysis was a let down too
I thought Crysis was very entertaining.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
yes interaction with environment is cool but maybe it's just me.. i wasnt into the gameplay
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
I kinda want to build an itx comp capable of playing newer games.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5838|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
The way I think of it is you're probably gona have to turn shadows and lighting etc down anyway just like BF2 if you wana be able to see stuff properly so I'm not gona spend out loads on a new rig.
Nihil
+15|5776|Malaga, Spain
My machine is long in the tooth, but so are all the games I play at the moment. IF (and it's a big if) BF3 merits serious attention, I'll get a new machine then and only then. What's the rush? If BF3 is a disappointment (and based on Dice's recent form, we have no convincing reason to believe that it won't be) then I'll stick with my old games and my old machine and save myself 1000 euro +.

Financially speaking, bad BF3 = good news for me.

what te fuck is with this forum not being able to display the euro symbol?

Last edited by Nihil (2011-03-20 04:07:51)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

Nihil wrote:

we dont like euros tbh
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51

11 Bravo wrote:

Nihil wrote:

we dont like euros tbh
That makes me a sad panda.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
we have exceptions you know...just in general

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-03-20 05:18:11)

Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

11 Bravo wrote:

Nihil wrote:

we dont like euros tbh
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Nihil wrote:

Haven't you heard the news?
Spain, Greece and Ireland have been kicked out of the eurozone, with Italy soon to follow, because their bad economy is fucking up the others.

That's why the internets has already removed the € symbol from your computer.
You may now scrape it off of the button as well.
lrishpride
+68|5118
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
I would definitely wait, but if I had to speculate, i5/i7k, 4-6GB RAM, ATi 6870/nVidia 560 should run it high-ish.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Chef
+2|6620
I had a duel core rig built for BF2 great system and lasted for 6 years and finally gave out in Jan

This is the rig that I have built for the next few years of gaming i think it should do

- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz Sandybridge overclocked to 4.60GHz
- Motherboard: Gigabyte P67A-UD4 Intel P67 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard ** B3 REVISION **
- Cooler: Corsair H70 CPU Cooler
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 6950 2048MB GDDR5 Graphics Card
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6708|Great Wall

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

The way I think of it is you're probably gona have to turn shadows and lighting etc down anyway just like BF2 if you wana be able to see stuff properly so I'm not gona spend out loads on a new rig.
I always played with all shadows and lighting on.  What's the point of buying a game and not to see and enjoy it in its full beauty? Better visibility and extra points in my stats are not worth spending 2000 hours of my time in a game that looks like sh!t.

Just before BF3 is released I'm going to buy a new PC that can cope with best quality settings of the new game. I need it anyway as my current one is.. a 2005 machine which I bought for BF2...

Last edited by Drunk_Musketeer (2011-04-19 01:01:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard