Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ … 001xgp.php

This could get really, really bad. Only 80 miles from land. Hoping for the best if anyone from these forums is from Japan.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5257|foggy bottom
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Y5TwdoOLPTI/S-nWUS7A-7I/AAAAAAAANXM/EyxCfWVtATs/s1600/fm475_king_kong_vs_godzilla.jpg
Tu Stultus Es
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5976|Blue Mountain State
i got my playstation. I dont give a fuck
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
fmd. i am currently watching a tsunami propogate across farmland live.

and i can see cars moving. get the fuck out of there!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

I wonder if being close to land is a good thing. .. ya know tsunami's and such. I guess 80 miles is plenty enough out to make huge waves.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

This one town they're covering is just being absolutely enveloped by this huge wave of water and garbage. This is pretty fucking horrifying.
Spark
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
http://www.abc.net.au/news/abcnews24/ has an nhk stream, which i think everyone in the world is getting.

this is dreadful stuff
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Yea I see it on the tele..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
this is like shit out of a disaster movie. literally a white wall of water moving towards the coast.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Luckily japan has their shit together when it comes to quakes.. granted this is an incredibly massive one to deal with. I heard there were tsunami warnings going off long before the wave reached land. Hopefully they got people to high ground.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6147|'straya
Brutal, going to be a lot of damage, but they'll pull though. Hopefully the loss of life isn't too great.

My brother is meant to be going to NE Japan on Monday
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

oy

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
Hey guys, I am about 300km from the epicentre but it registered 5 here.

Teachers in the office felt compelled to go outside and wait it out. At first it was just a little tremor, but the ****ing thing got bigger and bigger.

Aftershocks still happening. One as I type.

****ing hell, the world has gone mad.
Bloke on another forum I post in.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

Teachers in the office felt compelled to go outside and wait it out. At first it was just a little tremor, but the ****ing thing got bigger and bigger.

That's the thing about quakes.. the length of them is what really jacks the richter scale up. You can have what feels like a relatively small tremor for a long time and it will send it off the charts.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
usgs 8.9
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Kmar wrote:

Spark wrote:

That's the thing about quakes.. the length of them is what really jacks the richter scale up. You can have what feels like a relatively small tremor for a long time and it will send it off the charts.
yea. I just read a geologist posting..

Because Richter is a log scale, this quake is about 50 times less powerful than the 9.4 Indian Ocean quake of 2004.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
But at least 50-100 times bigger than the second NZ quake which caused freakish damage (although that was extremely close to the city)
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

The tsunami should hit Hawaii at around 3:00 am HST.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
Should start you mean - apparently the tsunami will last quite a while and could yet get bigger
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

wtf.. lol@Japanese
+1
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5176|Sydney
Just heard about this, I have a mate in Japan right now. Tried calling via Skype and he said he'll call back so he must be ok.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5472|Ventura, California
Awww man, my prayers go out to Japan tonight.

II think damage and loss of life will be low though. AFAIK Japan has pretty sturdy structures because of their frequent earthquakes and they have some kind of tsunami wall in some places.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

Should start you mean - apparently the tsunami will last quite a while and could yet get bigger
No, should hit is exactly what I meant. How long it last is an entirely different matter. It's the same lingo we use with hurricanes, regardless of how fast they are moving .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone
They're talking about 7.1 aftershocks which are major quakes in them selves.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6173|Sydney | ♥

Kmar wrote:

wtf.. lol@Japanese
+1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-twwwAwUoc
Hahahahahaha- shiiit.

Has the wave hit the shore?
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard