Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

Dragon Age 2 was the biggest fail of an RPG ever. I can't believe Bioware fucked that up so badly. They should lock themselves in their offices and not be paid until they come up with something decent next time. It was atrocious.

What'll be interesting is to see how Witcher 2 fares up with Skyrim once it's out. I really need a new GFX to see The Witcher 2 in full effect
Stimey
­
+786|6120|Ontario | Canada
Yea im tempted to buy a new card too and mines only a year and a bit old :p
Game is fantastic though, shame i had to get up early this morning or i would have played all night. Also I rofled at bare naked woman 10 mins into the game.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

Stimey wrote:

Yea im tempted to buy a new card too and mines only a year and a bit old :p
Game is fantastic though, shame i had to get up early this morning or i would have played all night. Also I rofled at bare naked woman 10 mins into the game.
That was awesome. They integrate the mature parts into the game so well.
Hallvard
+262|6522|North Norway

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

http://www.thegx.co/news/1270/bioware-employee-reviews-witcher-ii/

Pathetic.
BioWare just lost what little hope I had of ever respecting them again
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London
lol this game has like an inverse difficulty curve

Specced points into whirl, crafted two bitchin swords and some epic armour 3/4 of the way through act 1 and nothing can even touch me anymore.

Bombs are also incredible. You make them for next to nothing and they just rape with a point or two in the alchemy tree.

Finally aard and igni (which I spammed like hell in witcher 1) are kinda crap compared to quen and yrden, which are easy-mode powerful.

Last edited by Aries_37 (2011-05-19 07:14:07)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

What are you guys using to screen capture.  I can't seem to capture, even via my external app.  I wanna show glorious Ultra settings.

Aries, what difficulty are you playing?  But yea, bombs are OP. 

So, if going for experience/leveling points, is it better to kill everything?  While I would like to not kill Aaryn, it's much more fun to kill him and all his guards.  Do we still gets points for not killing?
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6343

Ilocano wrote:

What are you guys using to screen capture.  I can't seem to capture, even via my external app.  I wanna show glorious Ultra settings.

Aries, what difficulty are you playing?  But yea, bombs are OP. 

So, if going for experience/leveling points, is it better to kill everything?  While I would like to not kill Aaryn, it's much more fun to kill him and all his guards.  Do we still gets points for not killing?
You can try to place a shortcut in steam and capture through the overlay.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Retail copy...  But I suppose I could create a Steam account.
Sisco
+493|6343

Ilocano wrote:

I figured retail, hence I said shortcut. Don´t know if it´s worth the hassle to create an account though.
From what time are you anyway that you do not have steam?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Sisco wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

I figured retail, hence I said shortcut. Don´t know if it´s worth the hassle to create an account though.
I blame consoles.  Only recently have I gone back to PC gaming.
Sisco
+493|6343

Ilocano wrote:

Sisco wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

I blame consoles.  Only recently have I gone back to PC gaming.
HEATHEN!!!1

Just kidding
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London

Aries_37 wrote:

lol this game has like an inverse difficulty curve

eurogamer wrote:

The Witcher 2 has an inverted difficulty curve
lol

@Ilo I'm playing on normal
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6439|Brisbane, Australia

So this game looks incredible, and is also a really good game. Thoroughly recommend it. Actual branching storyline, and engaging combat.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Damn awesome and at the same time, hair-pulling branching options.  Making me redo sections because I'm interested in certain story progressions.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Save Aryan, he burns the castle.  Kill Aryan, get boobie shot of the baroness.  I wonder what the fallout will be with a burned castle or saving the baroness.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London
Is this from back in the prologue?

Trust me you should save him, you get some retardedly useful perk if you save him. As far as I can see there's no other opportunity to get it.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6738|Toronto | Canada

ill consider checking it out once its around $4.99 like the original game is
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Aries_37 wrote:

Is this from back in the prologue?

Trust me you should save him, you get some retardedly useful perk if you save him. As far as I can see there's no other opportunity to get it.
Yeah, Strong Back.  But that's only an extra 50 carrying capacity.  I'm a hoarder, so I resorted to modding.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London
I missed it which means every now and then I get the fun of going through my inventory for things to dump. Tedious to say the least. Thankfully I'm approaching the end of chapter 2 and I'm starting to realise that carrying too much stuff is mostly useless. Selling loot is mostly unnecessary as there's not much use for money in this game it seems.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Are you able to craft magicaly weapons on the left weapons slot?  I purchased that cutlass book because it stated magical in blue text.  But when I crafted it, it reverted to Common.  Magical like those elven "Blue Mountain?" swords.
Stimey
­
+786|6120|Ontario | Canada
­
­
­
­
­
­
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London

Stimey wrote:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=pl&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://wiadomosci.gazeta.pl/Wiadomosci/1,80271,9684341,Prezent_Tuska_dla_Obamy__iPad_z__Katedra__Baginskiego.html&usg=ALkJrhgzUiuNo7iHsL1IuPUoc9fmczNtug

Pride of Poland
loool wtf
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6738|Toronto | Canada

bought it and just finished it today.  massive disappointment.  literally the only good point i can give it is it had a great main storyline.  other than that its massively overshadowed by TES series.  there are only a few side quests and most contribute nothing and have no point.  the game ends after you do the final mission.  you cant travel between towns, youre trapped in your active city and area.  its incredibly linear.  spells are too few.  very little customization possible.  a lot of the controls appear to be made for a console, yet its supposed to be the big 'pc only therefore amazing' developers. the cities and maps are poorly laid out, especially in how the merchants only sell specific things and you never really know what.  definitely not happy i bought this game.

actually, the only other positive i can think of was the fact that it had smooth transitions through areas - sometimes without having to load at all going from one major area to another.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6439|Brisbane, Australia

You seem to be putting the linear nature of the game down as a negative. The TES series is one of my favourites but I would not compare it to this game, they aim to do completely different things. It isnt a sandbox RPG, it is a linear one.

The GUI is not the best I have used, but the controls I never had a problem with. The Merchants all sold what I expected - ones in taverns etc only sold food (ie junk), blacksmiths sold blacksmith stuff etc. I guess from certain points of view "not enough spells" is valid, but they all change a fair bit if you spec into them. Again, I dont think the game not having 100 slightly differing spells is a negative. Geralt is not a magician, the sorcerers (and sorceresses) in the game refer to his magic as 'party tricks'.

It is interesting seeing what you thought of it coming from the point of view that "it isnt TES", I really just think the game doesnt try to compete with the TES series and shouldnt be compared to it. And even if it is, I think it has far better story telling and far better story in general. Witcher 2 tells a story and you do side quests along the way, TES you do side quests and the main story happens along the way. I love both games so I am not biased here.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5753|Roma
I'm playing it again, really liked the game.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

Winston_Churchill wrote:

bought it and just finished it today.  massive disappointment.  literally the only good point i can give it is it had a great main storyline.  other than that its massively overshadowed by TES series.  there are only a few side quests and most contribute nothing and have no point.  the game ends after you do the final mission.  you cant travel between towns, youre trapped in your active city and area.  its incredibly linear.  spells are too few.  very little customization possible.  a lot of the controls appear to be made for a console, yet its supposed to be the big 'pc only therefore amazing' developers. the cities and maps are poorly laid out, especially in how the merchants only sell specific things and you never really know what.  definitely not happy i bought this game.

actually, the only other positive i can think of was the fact that it had smooth transitions through areas - sometimes without having to load at all going from one major area to another.
To be honest, it seems like you were out to bash it from the beginning. There wasn't going to be a positive comment coming from you regarding this game.

It's probably the only proper RPG that gives you grey decisions to make and not black and white ones, which makes your decisions a lot more interesting and the storyline a lot better. This game isn't mean to be competing with the elder scrolls, as it's an entirely different game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard