thepilot91
+64|6255|Åland!
gaming industry = games that sell

I don't talk about what games people like to watch being played I talk about what sells and is popular right now
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5604

Speaking of selling games: no matter how cheap steam makes them I am not buying indie games.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4273

thepilot91 wrote:

gaming industry = games that sell

I don't talk about what games people like to watch being played I talk about what sells and is popular right now
the most popular game in the world right now is league of legends. after that, probably warcraft. then dota2/sc2. counter strike 1.6 and call of duty 4 are more popular, still, than most modern warfare PC games. and CS:GO and CS:source. battlefield 3 doesn't have that many players on PC. i think you are a little misinformed.
thepilot91
+64|6255|Åland!
all I see is console shit and graphix fags around the globe...dont tell me consoles arent popular...where's your source btw?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4273
consoles are popular. but we're talking about pc games. why would i care how many sales are made for console games?
Roc18
`
+655|5809|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
You know how many games I've bought on steam because they were cheap that I've  never played?

Last edited by Roc18 (2013-04-05 08:22:38)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6735|Riva, MD
GoG has a sale for 3 days on all the Forgotten Realms classics such as Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Icewind Dale 1 & 2, Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2, Planescape Torment and a few other less known ones for about $21:

http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stackin … omo_050413
thepilot91
+64|6255|Åland!
what I'm saying is basically CSGO and shootmania are the 2 best shooters which have come out since bf2 CS or Quake depending on what you prefer.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4273

thepilot91 wrote:

what I'm saying is basically CSGO and shootmania are the 2 best shooters which have come out since bf2 CS or Quake depending on what you prefer.
and i am saying you are clueless.
thepilot91
+64|6255|Åland!
what shooters are you suggesting better inbetween then?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4273
cs:go is a total failure. it's a CONSOLE PORT. it is LESS POPULAR than cs1.6 and cs:source. how is that the 'greatest success' since CS? IT ISN'T EVEN AS POPULAR S THE TWO OLDER CS'S. cs:go is a crap game. it is worse than cs:source in every single way. so to define that as the 'best game since...' is dumb. it doesn't even beat the previous game. and it wasn't meant to replace that game, either: it's a CONSOLE PORT. you talk about consoles ruining everything but then say CS:GO is a great game? do you even know what you're talking about? CS:GO was developed for console.

shootmania? who plays shootmania? it never left the ground. how do you define that as the 'greatest success' since quake? LOL. shootmania is a huge simplification of quake. quake involves rotating 7-8 weapons and multiple power-ups. quake involves total map control. what does shootmania involve? skipping around a few maps that are poorly designed firing TRON discs at one another. okay great replacement. have you heard of this thing called quakeLIVE? it's a browser version of quake that was released a few years ago... MORE popular and MORE skilled than shootmania.

to say those two games are the 'best' successors... lol... where have you been living these last few years?

the best- and most competitive- FPS games to be released since BF2 were call of duty 4 and team fortress 2. simple, indisputable fact. neither designed to be console games; neither designed as radical simplifications of what came before (unlike CS:GO and shootmania, respectively).

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-06 07:58:27)

thepilot91
+64|6255|Åland!
really? that many tournaments in tf2 ?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4273
wow. you are clueless. tf2 was the biggest fps game for about 4 years.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6677|BC, Canada
Tried the Dust 514 beta yesterday. Almost every area of the game is lacking. Sluggish movement, terrible aiming, bad graphics and framerates, annoyingly long respawn and match selection times, incredibly useless waiting room, unbalanced weaponry, shit maps...
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4273
sounds an awful lot like planetside 2. surprising!!!!
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6677|BC, Canada
Oh well. Wasn't really looking for another fps anyway. Just saw the open beta and thought I would try it.
thepilot91
+64|6255|Åland!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

wow. you are clueless. tf2 was the biggest fps game for about 4 years.
I guess I am according you , but you still didnt awnser how many "serious" tf2 tournaments there were, and I think making tournaments in a game that has killstreak rewards seems like a joke to me

Last edited by thepilot91 (2013-04-06 08:35:52)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4273
tf2 doesn't have killstreak rewards. and almost every single major tournament had a tf2 section. it was supported by ESL.

every single major franchise team had a tf2 squad: four kings, dignitas, epsilon, coolermaster, etc.

of all competitive fps games remaining, tf2 still has the biggest leagues. 20-30+ divisions.

please go educate yourself, and stop talking fucking shit.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-06 08:42:38)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

Team Fortress 2 is a fun game, but the balance is so wonky that it doesn't really deserve to be called seriously competitive. The closest Quake-like fun I've had in a game that wasn't Quake was in the Unreal Tournament series, barring UT3 which fell flat for me for some odd reason. The Battlefield series isn't even nearly the same category of shooter. It has more in common with Warcraft 2 than it does with Quake but again, not really tournament-quality.

And CoD4 was the last best CoD title.
thepilot91
+64|6255|Åland!
it didn't occur to you that I was talking about cods KS rewards? well I haven't heard of any TF tournaments until this day so obviously its not as big as other shit is/ have been , anyhow thats still just 1/2 games and both of them came out some time ago, and my point being CSGO & STORM is an exeption in todays game releases

oh "Rekoil" might have a chance but I know too little of yet so I can't whether it'll be a hit or not

Last edited by thepilot91 (2013-04-06 09:12:42)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

thepilot91 wrote:

it didn't occur to you that I was
what occurred to me was

thepilot91 wrote:

basically CSGO and shootmania are the 2 best shooters which have come out since bf2 CS or Quake depending on what you prefer.

*tableflip*
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4273

thepilot91 wrote:

it didn't occur to you that I was talking about cods KS rewards? well I haven't heard of any TF tournaments until this day so obviously its not as big as other shit is/ have been , anyhow thats still just 1/2 games and both of them came out some time ago, and my point being CSGO & STORM is an exeption in todays game releases

oh "Rekoil" might have a chance but I know too little of yet so I can't whether it'll be a hit or not
tf2 had LOADS of massive tournaments. it was the BIGGEST PRIZE EARNING fps game for like 4 years. almost every single serious FPS professional team had a team fortress 2 team (most still do). what are you talking about? you didn't hear about it? well that's clearly your fault, not the game's, because everyone else knew exactly what was up. you arrogant douche. because you hadn't heard of it it wasn't that big? LOL. you've clearly been living ina  cave.

CS:GO is not an exception at all. IT'S A TERRIBLE FUCKING CONSOLE GAME. it's worse than CS:source in every way. please tell me how it is an "exception"?

sounds like you have a few personal biases and don't know what you're talking about. TF not that big a competitive game but CS:GO is an exception. ahahahahahahhaa ahahahahahahhaa ahahahahahahhaa ahahahahahahhaa ahahahahahahhaa ahahahahahahhaa ahahahahahahhaa ahahahahahahhaa ahahahahahahhaa ahahahahahahhaa ahahahahahahhaa ahahahahahahhaa
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4273

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Team Fortress 2 is a fun game, but the balance is so wonky that it doesn't really deserve to be called seriously competitive. The closest Quake-like fun I've had in a game that wasn't Quake was in the Unreal Tournament series, barring UT3 which fell flat for me for some odd reason. The Battlefield series isn't even nearly the same category of shooter. It has more in common with Warcraft 2 than it does with Quake but again, not really tournament-quality.

And CoD4 was the last best CoD title.
what the fuck are you TALKING ABOUT? TF2 was absolutely perfectly balanced ON RELEASE for competitive play. it was the best-balanced team game to come out in recent memory. TF2's balance is great. the only thing that has affected it negatively has been tons of unlocks in chaotic pubservers. even then, there's not really that much imbalance. TF2 is literally one of the best and most-cited examples of any FPS game for balanced, team-based competitive play.

jesus christ some of you people make me laugh. talking like you know anything about FPS games. TF2 "didn't deserve to be called seriously competitive". whahahahahahaha. team fortress classic and team fortress 2 are some of the best competitive FPS games in the PC's history. there is not a single thing that is unbalanced about TF2's competitive play.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-06 09:24:56)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4273
lol tf2's balance and class synergies were in development for like 7 years and some clueless never-played-comp neckbeard comes along and says "it's too wonky to ever be considered seriously competitive". hahahaha jesus christ i cannot believe bf2s'ers gaming cluelessness sometimes.
thepilot91
+64|6255|Åland!
don't embarrass your self so much still not saying STORM/CSGO are better than the prerquals but not many people are using convetional post-mail instead of email these days

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard