AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Square Enix.

Well, there's your problem.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Well, figured some livestream shit out. The laptop mic I never use was being picked up from across the room, recording typing and occasional profanity. What wasn't being recorded was the game itself, it seems. Laptop mic disabled, input volume turned up. Now I can record all but a few games. It's kind of iffy on some (like minecraft) but works great on others.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria

Mekstizzle wrote:

I never saw what was so interesting about borderlands. There was hardly any variation in that game. Practically the same from beginning to end. Not much of a story. In the end I couldn't be bothered with the end boss fight. But I guess it's one of those games that's supposed to be played co-op, but even then I don't see how that makes it any better.
The end boss fight of the main story was quite some let for me, because I soon found out that you could hide behind one of those pillars and barely ever get hit by any of the boss' attacks.
Also, I was playing as Mordechai, but the weapon that actually ripped through the boss like a hot knife through butter was a low level (~15) SMG with fire bullets. None of my high-powered sniper rifles, revolvers or assault rifles.

FloppY_ wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I don't mind there being too many weapons, but you're buried in drops that you can only carry and sell if you dedicate like two extra hours per game to looking them over and running back to a vendor. In that respect, the game was irritating.
We are talking Borderlands right?

You should just drop the weapons you don't want to use/collect... if you need money (assuming you have Knoxxx DLC) just kill Knoxxx and sell his pistol which will give a ton... or just do sidequests...

And you can obtain a max inventory of 72, that should be plenty for your gun collection...

EDIT:There is no such thing as "too many weapons", use the ones you like and forget the rest?....
Additionally, if you have the Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, you'll get a bank account (which you can upgrade to 48 slots) to stash more weapons.
I use that for my collection of rare and unique weapons.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6284|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

globefish23 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

I never saw what was so interesting about borderlands. There was hardly any variation in that game. Practically the same from beginning to end. Not much of a story. In the end I couldn't be bothered with the end boss fight. But I guess it's one of those games that's supposed to be played co-op, but even then I don't see how that makes it any better.
The end boss fight of the main story was quite some let for me, because I soon found out that you could hide behind one of those pillars and barely ever get hit by any of the boss' attacks.
Also, I was playing as Mordechai, but the weapon that actually ripped through the boss like a hot knife through butter was a low level (~15) SMG with fire bullets. None of my high-powered sniper rifles, revolvers or assault rifles.

FloppY_ wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I don't mind there being too many weapons, but you're buried in drops that you can only carry and sell if you dedicate like two extra hours per game to looking them over and running back to a vendor. In that respect, the game was irritating.

You should just drop the weapons you don't want to use/collect... if you need money (assuming you have Knoxxx DLC) just kill Knoxxx and sell his pistol which will give a ton... or just do sidequests...

And you can obtain a max inventory of 72, that should be plenty for your gun collection...

EDIT:There is no such thing as "too many weapons", use the ones you like and forget the rest?....
Additionally, if you have the Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, you'll get a bank account (which you can upgrade to 48 slots) to stash more weapons.
I use that for my collection of rare and unique weapons.
Meh, I didn't want Moxxi...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

FloppY_ wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

EDIT: There is no such thing as "too many weapons", use the ones you like and forget the rest?....
There is such a thing as too many guns in my view. I know the whole diamonds in the rough item sifting mechanic is endemic to the RPG genre, but it just didn't seem to fit well in Borderlands.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
Dragon Age 2 demo tomorrow. Looking forward to that so long as I can wait until after my exams.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

http://livestre.am/CZen

Continuing streaming Diablo II pally archer from halfway through Act 1. Going partway into Act 2 or ending it after Andariel.

e: Ended at act 2 start.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Recorded - Diablo 2: LoD - Act 1 - Pt 2/2

The stream flipped out when I switched resolutions early in the video, so skip ahead to 5:20. Still working out configuration snafu, so there is a yellow circle around the cursor. 'Record game' seems to be incompatible with Diablo 2, so I had to use 'record desktop.'

e: definitely not satisfied with it vs fraps/youtube, but it's quicker.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

LOL @ Europa Universalis 3

Kingdom of America, 1809. Intense rivalry with Great Britain. Close military ties with Rev France. Royal ties with Russia, Denmark, Spain and Austria. Spanish Florida and lands down to Central America purchased. 70% of the coast of Africa and Madagascar settled through an early scramble for Africa. Most of the pacific islands colonized by America. History is soooo messed up right now. Hail to the king, baby.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

Are you streaming with the default livestream encoder?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Livestream Procaster. Just disabled the mouse highlighter. Didn't know it was an issue until I saw the playback.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

JohnG@lt, even less video game savvy than FloppY_?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

For anyone that's pre-ordered from GameStop before:

Is there a way of pre-ordering online and have the option of picking up at the store rather than them shipping a game on release day?
CC-Marley
+407|6827

Miggle wrote:

Possible?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York

Miggle wrote:

OH NO YOU DIDN'T

ebug9 wrote:

For anyone that's pre-ordered from GameStop before:

Is there a way of pre-ordering online and have the option of picking up at the store rather than them shipping a game on release day?
Yes... just have it sent to the store. I do it all the time if I don't have the money at the time.
CC-Marley
+407|6827
He wants to get it from the store, not wait for it to arrive at the store..
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

You can have it sent to the store, sure. Just don't hold your breath for bonus content. Gamestops around here are almost always out of them or misplace them only to have them show up on the shelf next day. Too much gas checking up on those clowns.

Online is little better. On numerous occasions, I was cheated out of bonus material for games I'd preordered long before others with the content had pre-ordered them. Gamestop's e-mail support is snippy, defensive, accusatory and loves to reprimand you for "expecting so much out of something that isn't guaranteed."

So yeah, I pretty much tossed them aside in favor of Amazon, Target and Best Buy. It's been a couple(?) years since I've used Gamestop, but I cba to see if anything's improved.
Brasso
+1,549|6628

just played through a lot of penumbra:overture.  scary ass game but it's fun to figure shit out and put stuff together
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

Opposing forces was a let down. I was expecting more instances of working together with groups of soldiers to get through black mesa but instead was doing the same shit as HL1.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6341

Macbeth wrote:

Opposing forces was a let down. I was expecting more instances of working together with groups of soldiers to get through black mesa but instead was doing the same shit as HL1.
But the weapons were cooler!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
Hot damn I'm a tactical genius. Austrians were beseiging my capital in Total War and I didn't have a very large force there so it was about 60% armed citizens. I formed a semicircle of fire behind defenses and was able to swing my cavalry around to take out their cannons and distract several groups of troops from overwhelming my defenders. That's probably my first Heroic Victory that I actually deserved.
FloppY_
­
Steam Client update:

- Added F12 Screenshot support with 1GB cloud storage...
wtf, didn't you US/AUS people get this like, a week or two ago?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6268
No.

It's been in beta this entire time. It's only just been properly released.
FloppY_
­

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

No.

It's been in beta this entire time. It's only just been properly released.
o i c

I doubt I'll be using it much tho'
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6173|Sydney | ♥

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard