FloppY_
­
+1,010|6292|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Miggle wrote:

floppy there is no reason you ever have to state how you received a game in a review of it.
I see your point..

On another note, how can I review something that won't even work
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6748|FUCK UBISOFT

Guys, get this, I pirated duke nukem forever.

oh and it sucked too
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474
I pirated Rage too and I didn't go all "oh well my pirated version copy did herr, hur and dur!" like you do PloppY_
FloppY_
­
ffs... I didn't even mean to put such focus on it, it was just the most logical way of starting a sentence and talk about Rage -.-

sigh, everyone misunderstands me..
Roc18
`
+655|5796|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Just started Dragon Age: Origins.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6748|FUCK UBISOFT

I was cautious playing rage because I heard all the bad things about playing as an AMD user.. And true enough, I can either choose from a low-performance 11.8 driver, or a well performing RAGE-fix driver (11.10?) that causes artifacts all over the place... the game is unplayable in both states and the lack of Video options is a disgrace from a company like id...
FloppY_
­

Miggle wrote:

I was cautious playing rage because I heard all the bad things about playing as an AMD user.. And true enough, I can either choose from a low-performance 11.8 driver, or a well performing RAGE-fix driver (11.10?) that causes artifacts all over the place... the game is unplayable in both states and the lack of Video options is a disgrace from a company like id...
Meh, I'll take it
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Miggle wrote:

I have yet to hear a reason why DRM is ever a good idea. It has done nothing to stop or slow down piracy.
That it's not a good idea is beside the point. It's a reactionary measure, and the cause is software piracy.

FloppY_ wrote:

ffs... I didn't even mean to put such focus on it, it was just the most logical way of starting a sentence and talk about Rage -.-

sigh, everyone misunderstands me..
What other way is there to read "borrowed" when you say it?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6762|Scotland

FIFA 12 is the ultimate football game. For all the new haters that don't like the new defending system, it's because they actually don't understand how to play football.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

I understand football quite well, actually.

HITNRUNXX
+220|6715|Oklahoma City

FloppY_ wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Started RAGE last night. Expected an overhyped mess of Fallout 3 wannabe walk around boringly crappy combat crap...

Shockingly, so far (with the exception of the main game not being co-op) it is everything I wanted it to be so far and I am loving it.
I "borrowed" a copy because I heard all the bad things about playing this as an AMD user.. And true enough, I can either choose from a low-performance 11.8 driver, or a well performing RAGE-fix driver (11.10?) that causes artifacts all over the place... the game is unplayable in both states and the lack of Video options is a disgrace from a company like id...
I "rented" my copy on my "Game Pass" from "Blockbuster" for play on "my" XBox360 that I "bought" at "Best Buy."

Whew, saved myself some crucification there...

I didn't have any driver issues on my console.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

No issues with texture loading?
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6474
Rage works very well on my nVidia card. There's a config file that drastically reduces the texture popping issues.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s … ?t=2156408

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2011-10-08 20:17:50)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Apparently there was also an update today that is supposed to help. Adds more configuration options as well. Forced autoconfig was a terrible idea.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Fable 3's a good deal. $16.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6474
I tried to play stalker again.

Holy shit, it's even more terrible than I remember.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

When I first played Stalker, I turned right out of town instead of left. Came across some soldiers with bullet-proof heads that took like a thousand shots to kill. With that behind me, my enthusiasm for the rest of the game was drained and I didn't make it very far.
FloppY_
­
I kinda liked STALKER, can't say I can stand playing it anymore though, nor did I feel any appreciation for the expansion packs..

EDIT: And I never finished STALKER as far as I remember, the last level at the powerplant was horribly hard to survive thanks to helicopters and lack of directions..

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-10-10 14:55:51)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6772|UK
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/11/sourc … ctually-t/

What I was working on before it was canned.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Well hell.

Sounded more interesting than Bourne.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Duke Nukem Forever $10 on Steam. That was fast.

Still not sure if it's worth it.
FloppY_
­

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Duke Nukem Forever $10 on Steam. That was fast.

Still not sure if it's worth it.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
It's not
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6748|FUCK UBISOFT

"borrow" it
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Don't want to pirate an A-list game and pirating a down-in-the-dumps D game that I could get for under ten bucks just seems petty.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6743|Oxferd Ohire
if you want to waste your money sure
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard