11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5238|Cleveland, Ohio

Macbeth wrote:

It this really what get people excited for games these days? Voice actors? Seriously?
apparently
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

Macbeth wrote:

It this really what get people excited for games these days? Voice actors? Seriously?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/19022/20071010_GraspingAtStrawsSign.jpg
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

SonderKommando wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Now that school's out of the way I CAN NOT FUCKING WAIT FOR THIS GAME.
Yea I feel ya.  Wifey preordered it for me last night.  THis and BF3
Jealous.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
In my possession.

See you in 3 days.
Stimey
­
+786|6121|Ontario | Canada
Oh you cunt.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
It's good so far. You REALLY need to pay attention to the actor's facial expressions. And picking out evidence to prove an accusation is a lot tougher than it sounds. Gunplay is well... average, but it's to be expected of a game that focused on voice acting and facial expressions.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

I never finished Red Dead Redemption
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6461|UK
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK

11 Bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

apparently
not my personal reason for buying a game but a good voice actor can really bring a game to life.  JC Denton, Master Chief, Issac Clarke etc
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

m3thod wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

apparently
not my personal reason for buying a game but a good voice actor can really bring a game to life.  JC Denton, Master Chief, Issac Clarke etc
Not to mention this game is focused around acting. They're not just voice actors. They're actual actors, and all of their facial movements and body movements are translated into the game. Dumb comment by Macbeth, as usual. And then followed by Marine sucking up to whoever agrees with him at the time.

This game is NOT GTA by any means btw. The gameplay is sparse and you really spend most of your time interrogating, questioning witnesses and looking for evidence. It gets difficult at times.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD
I hope that not too much time was stolen from creating another GTA to make this game.  I'd still like to try it just to see whatever new stuff they've implemented in the combat and physics departments of their engine that will likely be included in the next GTA
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

I haven't bought a GTA since San Andreas. The novelty of stealing a car and running people over wore off in high school. /shrugs
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6660|The darkside of Denver
I just want to get off work, go lift, stop by the "pharmacy " and pick up LA Noire
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
i really liked it when fantastic games like final fantasy and metal gear solid 3 lifted the control away from the gamer with the controller and invited you to sit in on an awesome 45 minute movie-sequence full of bad writing and dubiously executed voice acting. i'm really really glad to hear that this gaming style has been picked-up in LA Noire with some panache and extended to a gaming experience consisting of pedestrian-friendly driving simulations chaining endless scripted sequences!!!!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
jmsprovan
+18|5813|Alba

_j5689_ wrote:

I hope that not too much time was stolen from creating another GTA to make this game.  I'd still like to try it just to see whatever new stuff they've implemented in the combat and physics departments of their engine that will likely be included in the next GTA
la noire was developed at Team Bondi, GTA is developed at Rockstar North.

completely different development teams, but it would be cool if the next GTA had this tech.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

jmsprovan wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

la noire was developed at Team Bondi, GTA is developed at Rockstar North.

completely different development teams, but it would be cool if the next GTA had this tech.
^^^

Same engine though I believe - RAGE. But yes, Rockstar North is in Scotland, Team Bondi is from Australia I believe? Rockstar just produced it.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6660|The darkside of Denver
Pretty refreshing game so far.
Stimey
­
How are the saves like?
Can you save at any time during a mission?
­
­
­
­
­
­
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Stimey wrote:

How are the saves like?
Can you save at any time during a mission?
Autosaves pretty frequently. The game is cut into cases, so you'll go from one case to another.
Stimey
­
K cool.
I'm assuming you can pause during an interrogation?
Cause now that I'm back home my moms got me running every which way around the house doing all her stupid little chores.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Yeah you can. And you can pull up your notebook and wait as long as necessary before determining whether it's a truth, you doubt them or you have evidence that they're lying.

Never use the "lie" button unless you know you have the evidence to prove the person is lying. If they have shifty eyes, look generally nervous and seem to stutter, hit the doubt button. If they look at you straight on, it's almost always the truth. That's the thing about the lie button. If you don't have the evidence against it, they'll still look at you straight in the eye sometime.
Stimey
­
Sick.
Gonna pick this up after I go to my quack.
Got this, Witcher 2, and Honest Hearts. Should occupy my time for a bit.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
holy shit some of the secret cars are

phantom corsair

https://www.boingboing.net/images/phantomcorsairrrr.jpg
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6127|So Cal

SonderKommando wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Now that school's out of the way I CAN NOT FUCKING WAIT FOR THIS GAME.
Yea I feel ya.  Wifey preordered it for me last night.  THis and BF3
Let's trade wives.

ROCKSTAR INFO wrote:

"Inspired by real life cases of that time" ...
...Oh shiz... It's CSI time!
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

I want to play this game, but not at full price.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard