lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

I know the Israeli's said they were attacked from there.
However:

Dilbert wrote:

It was shown to be a lie.
and what of the rest Aussie? So you proved govts lie? What a scoop!! I suppose all govts. lie EXCEPT for Hamas huh?

Also, this war has been raging for 65 years for the most part, surely you have something more than an attack on a building where no one was killed to prove the IDF purposely and officially sets out as part of their war strategy to kill women and children

Last edited by lowing (2011-02-10 05:05:16)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Not everyone invades other peoples countries and expects to get away with it.
Since when?
lol
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6342|Graz, Austria

lowing wrote:

The difference between a defensive posture and offensive posture.   It is called the Israeli DEFENSE Force
Ah, so they defended away the Sinai peninsula, Gaza strip, Westbank and Golan heights back in 1967?
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6017|...
You know, I really don't giveafuck about Israel anymore. Why don't we just fuck off and let the zionists and the islamo extremists duke it out? If either Israel or the middle east gets nuked into orbit I think that would be a win-win situation for the rest of the world.
inane little opines
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

globefish23 wrote:

lowing wrote:

The difference between a defensive posture and offensive posture.   It is called the Israeli DEFENSE Force
Ah, so they defended away the Sinai peninsula, Gaza strip, Westbank and Golan heights back in 1967?
Actually, those were areas where attacks into Israel were launched. As part of their olive branch attempts they have given most of it back.  Of course they were answered by increased terrorism, but hey.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6793|Moscow, Russia

dayarath wrote:

You know, I really don't giveafuck about Israel anymore. Why don't we just fuck off and let the zionists and the islamo extremists duke it out?
because you need them as a part of the global financial pyramid economy.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6828|Nårvei

Back on topic ... unless material concerning Israel is relevant to the unrest in Egypt it doesn't belong in this thread ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Varegg wrote:

Back on topic ... unless material concerning Israel is relevant to the unrest in Egypt it doesn't belong in this thread ...
Already is relevant, the new regime change leaves relations with Israel questionable, and the people of EGYPT have already been told to prep for war with Israel if the right regime gets in.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6017|Vortex Ring State

lowing wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Actually, those were areas where attacks into Israel were launched. As part of their olive branch attempts they have given most of it back.  Of course they were answered by increased terrorism, but hey.
I thought the 1967 war was pre-emptive?
Varegg
+2,206|6828|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Already is relevant, the new regime change leaves relations with Israel questionable, and the people of EGYPT have already been told to prep for war with Israel if the right regime gets in.
We don't know much about that until the possible different possibilities of a new government and president becomes more visible ... now it's merely just speculations as to how many and what alternatives there is for the Egyptian people to elect ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Trotskygrad wrote:

lowing wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

I thought the 1967 war was pre-emptive?
Well lets see, water ways cut off, surrounded by mass build up of tanks and armies, declarations that there will be war engaged against you.

How pre-emptive was it? Or is this where you claim the Israeli's started it now?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

We don't know much about that until the possible different possibilities of a new government and president becomes more visible ... now it's merely just speculations as to how many and what alternatives there is for the Egyptian people to elect ...
Then you might wanna go back, find out who dragged the Israeli Palestine conflict into this and AWM them, cuz it wasn't me. Probably the same guy that keeps bring in the nazi's
Varegg
+2,206|6828|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Then you might wanna go back, find out who dragged the Israeli Palestine conflict into this and AWM them, cuz it wasn't me. Probably the same guy that keeps bring in the nazi's
No need really ... just get back on topic and all is good ...
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6017|...
Well Varegg I'm 99% sure that whatever will happen, Egypt's relations with Israel and possibly the west at large will worsen (wether that would manifest itself in them being either neutral or hostile though, I don't know). That's mainly because Mubarak was very pro-western and friendly towards Israel - those were very defining aspects of his presidency and persona in Egypt. With a revolution it's common place to completely change policy on the most important issues, these being some of them.

Furthermore, the Egyptian public must be quite hostile towards Israel considering the whole gaza strip fiasco and them having been at war twice - with the generations who participated in them still living.

Last edited by dayarath (2011-02-10 06:28:50)

inane little opines
Varegg
+2,206|6828|Nårvei

dayarath wrote:

Well Varegg I'm 99% sure that whatever will happen, Egypt's relations with Israel and possibly the west at large will worsen (wether that would manifest itself in them being either neutral or hostile though, I don't know). That's mainly because Mubarak was very pro-western and friendly towards Israel - those were very defining aspects of his presidency and persona in Egypt. With a revolution it's common place to completely change policy on the most important issues, these being some of them.

Furthermore, the Egyptian public must be quite hostile towards Israel considering the whole gaza strip fiasco and them having been at war twice - with the generations who participated in them still living.
I'm not so sure as you ... what you describe is just one or two possible outcomes and the most possible one if the Muslim brotherhood comes to power ...

With ElBaradei however and that is a more plausible outcome it will more like it is today but with a democratic twist rather than a millitaristic government, more freedom and free speech to a more moderate arabic populace ...
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6017|...
Well with the muslim brotherhood I'm quite sure they would be hostile to Israel. With El-Baradei, I would think they'd be neutral but not on friendly terms anymore.

The reputation Israel has with it's neighbours is outright terrible. Everyone hates them, democratic or not that won't change.
inane little opines
Varegg
+2,206|6828|Nårvei

dayarath wrote:

Well with the muslim brotherhood I'm quite sure they would be hostile to Israel. With El-Baradei, I would think they'd be neutral but not on friendly terms anymore.

The reputation Israel has with it's neighbours is outright terrible. Everyone hates them, democratic or not that won't change.
True enough, but that doesn't mean there will be war ... not even with the MB in charge ...

My own personal opinion is that with ElBaradei Egypt will be more similar to Turkey ... Turkey is also a country with mostly a Muslim population and an ally, many similarities to how Egypt was under Mubarak, those bonds to the west might not change much with ElBaradei ...
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6515

they're still demonstrating, even after the vice president appealed to the masses to go back to work. i find that
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6619|132 and Bush

Varegg wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Varegg wrote:

If that holds true that is about the only thing that will tip the scale in the MB favor ... the Egyptian Army is known to sway in the direction of the majority of the people, they have always had great support amongst the people and will not risk loosing that easily because of politics ...

So if the MB doesn't gain massive support in a very short time they will not likely be supported by the Army ...
I mean.. has there even been talk of elections? Who would be the candidates? .. lots of unanswered questions for Egypt to work out.
Yes there have been talks about presidental elections in 2011, that have been clear for quite some time actually ... I think it's in September, the big difference is that this year Mubarak will not be a candidate ... Mubarak actually had plans to retire this year anyway and was to back the candidacy of his son but that is also cancelled now ...

ElBaradei seems to be a valid candidate ... he's respected and seemingly have support with the people ... Suleiman has a chance if his ties with the MB are toned down, the experts I've heard mentioned that he's likely to fail in the elections because of his close relations with Mubarak, the Egyptians wan't change and Suleiman doesn't look like change for the people ...

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/4 … 3518-1.jpg
I realize all of that. However, if Mubarek is forced to step down immediately it would seem that the Egyptian constitution requires an election by May.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13rin
+977|6497

burnzz wrote:

they're still demonstrating, even after the vice president appealed to the masses to go back to work. i find that
LRAD
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5717
That's a CIA front company DB.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5604

I love how some people in the media are worried about protecting Israel, a country of less than 8 million, to the point where they want Egypt, a country of 80 million, to remain a dictatorship.
13rin
+977|6497

Macbeth wrote:

I love how some people in the media are worried about protecting Israel, a country of less than 8 million, to the point where they want Egypt, a country of 80 million, to remain a dictatorship.
A countRy governed by shArIa law is no better.

*edit
fukers

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2011-02-10 10:32:58)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6689|UK
you're against a country goverened by belly dancers?!

http://www.shira.net/

what's wrong with you man.

Last edited by m3thod (2011-02-10 10:18:33)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6515

he said "county".

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard