Spidery_Yoda
+399|6275
Yeah I just got it to work and played a few rounds and I'm really impressed by the engine.

I set it to the lowest settings (I think, it's hard to tell) and it ran fine, and looked great.

The multiplayer is very "inspired by" Call of Duty, but I think that's fine because I felt the multiplayer for the first game was very directionless and blah.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2011-03-01 10:44:47)

henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6354|Belfast

FloppY_ wrote:

ok now I have no clue why any human faction would work with the aliens to kill all humans

And what's this "rightfully theirs" shyte?
I'm pretty sure that they are not working with the aliens. I think that they are hired by the company that made the Nanosuit to kill you and get the suit back.

Maybe the aliens were one of Earth's original inhabitants, and (literally) drove them into the ground millions of years ago?

Last edited by henno13 (2011-03-01 12:50:36)

tuckergustav
+1,590|5919|...

my video card sux...

Finally got into a game and as soon as I start moving the scenery goes black. The only thing I can see is the mini map, crosshairs and the name of the enemy as they walk up to me to kill me.  I accidentally got one kill...lol.

No fun.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6658
I just played my first round of the demo

actually said "OH, SHIT" out loud the first time I did one of those smackdown moves

also liked the way you can jump at walls to pull yourself up

gunplay doesnt seem entirely terrible eihter
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6476
lol at comparing crysis mp to call of duty* or even considering it a good game

see you guys in 2 weeks when you're all calling it utter shit

i hope you mean modern warfare and not 'cod', which is cod1/cod2

Last edited by Uzique (2011-03-01 12:52:36)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6291|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

henno13 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

ok now I have no clue why any human faction would work with the aliens to kill all humans

And what's this "rightfully theirs" shyte?
I'm pretty sure that they are not working with the aliens. I think that they are hired by the company that made the Nanosuit to kill you and get the suit back.

Maybe the aliens were one of Earth's original inhabitants, and (literally) drove them into the ground millions of years ago?

With sticks and stones?

I think it's more likely they mixed the trailer up to make it sound wrong...

More likely the company is after you for the Nanosuit (What's rightfully theirs)
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6228|Escea

The mousewheel mode slection thing doesn't appear, don't know if that's just in the final version or something.
Took a bit of getting used to the controls, but it was pretty fun. Meleed a couple of people. Just have to master the sliding shot now
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6275

Uzique wrote:

lol at comparing crysis mp to call of duty* or even considering it a good game

see you guys in 2 weeks when you're all calling it utter shit

i hope you mean modern warfare and not 'cod', which is cod1/cod2
Yeah I meant modern warfare/2.

Because it directly lifts many things from it. You even get a UAV for getting 3 kills. That kind of thing.

I didn't mean on any deep levels, I've only played it for half an hour.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6570|Area 51
Pistol is awesome

Suit powers are certainly much better now and the game looks pretty good. So far so good then.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6004|Vortex Ring State

Lucien wrote:

also liked the way you can jump at walls to pull yourself up
so innovative

Urban Terror

Is there walljumping and powersliding as well?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6476
i don't like the fact that there's no peeking... why? console change. no other reason for it. makes the game feel like BC2... a bit 'thick' and heavy to move, and only stand/crouch as options. poor tbh. graphics are nice yeah and performance is great - certainly better than the first crysis.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FloppY_
­

Uzique wrote:

i don't like the fact that there's no peeking... why? console change. no other reason for it. makes the game feel like BC2... a bit 'thick' and heavy to move, and only stand/crouch as options. poor tbh. graphics are nice yeah and performance is great - certainly better than the first crysis.
Well considering how small an area they render now compared to before, it should be better performance
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6476
overall this seems a lot worse than the original, though. and warhead. i guess i don't like the proposed setting... the suit changes suck and are an unnecessary simplification... removing prone and peek is a move that we've seen individually in both battlefield->bad company and call of duty -> modern warfare and the only justification each time is 'for the console controller crowd'. it's shit. even the graphics menu is clearly catered for console users, and i REALLY don't know why. console users can't adjust graphics quality, anyway, so why are we given three vague 'settings' that don't allow us to customize individual texture/detail/shadow/aa details? 'gamer'? 'hardcore'? what the fuck does that even mean?
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5514|America
You know exactly why Uzi. They don't want to cater to a crowd of PC gamers that thanks them by stealing a copy before it's even released.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6476
yeah, that doesn't/wouldn't surprise me. the crytek devs have been pretty vocal in their complaints and dismay about the pc gaming crowd. of course the pirates will use the 'console noobifying!' as some sort of excuse for their actions... but what they'll never realise is that by pirating the game en-masse they're pre-empting this shit of poor design decision. it's a vicious circle: the pirates deprive the company of any profits so they cater to the console crowd... then complain about the sequel's console features whilst still pirating it...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6476
rofl

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Uzique wrote:

yeah, that doesn't/wouldn't surprise me. the crytek devs have been pretty vocal in their complaints and dismay about the pc gaming crowd. of course the pirates will use the 'console noobifying!' as some sort of excuse for their actions... but what they'll never realise is that by pirating the game en-masse they're pre-empting this shit of poor design decision. it's a vicious circle: the pirates deprive the company of any profits so they cater to the console crowd... then complain about the sequel's console features whilst still pirating it...
Pirating a game before it's out is particularly nasty...and prompts devs to release stuff before it's done.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5591

Does anyone know the name of that song?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Schindler's List.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6660

I almost pre-ordered after that whole leak debacle. I wanted to show support the devs; I really liked Crysis and Warhead (which I bought retail and on Steam sales, call me a retard all you want).

Thank god I didn't.

I'll wait to play a demo first. Things are not looking good after watching that video

Also, any news on the modding front? I'd love to think that modding will naturally be open and available to the PC players, but these days, one can never be too sure.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2011-03-01 20:27:09)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6228|Escea

I don't think the demo is a genuine PC one per se. I reckon it was taken for the xbox merely for time saving, so it might not represent the final finished PC game.

Still getting it though.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6761|Scotland

Uzique wrote:

To be fair, systems like Steam and games like BF2 disallowed people from properly pirating due to Multiplayer restrictions and the sort.

The fact is, half of these games don't provide a demo, shove a lot of DRM and copy protect bullshit on and then expect people to buy it from opinionated and poor reviews. If every game released a proper demo and didn't just expect everyone to buy it because of "awesome hype" then there would be less pirating out of respect for the game.

Games like SWAT 4, BF2, HL2, TF2, Portal and the sort I have bought. I will be buying Oblivion, DA2 and The Witcher 2 without hesitation.

But you're right, for leaks like Crysis 2 Beta there's no real excuse (me included in that bunch).
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5759|Roma
Is it just me or mycrysis.com is not working?
I can't seem to be able to make a new account.
I keep pressing register and it does nothing.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
FloppY_
­

M.O.A.B wrote:

I don't think the demo is a genuine PC one per se. I reckon it was taken for the xbox merely for time saving, so it might not represent the final finished PC game.

Still getting it though.
I hope, I really do... but now I will certainly not preorder this before trying the finished product...

This brings up the basic problems in the demo pretty well
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5759|Roma

Zimmer wrote:

Uzique wrote:

To be fair, systems like Steam and games like BF2 disallowed people from properly pirating due to Multiplayer restrictions and the sort.

The fact is, half of these games don't provide a demo, shove a lot of DRM and copy protect bullshit on and then expect people to buy it from opinionated and poor reviews. If every game released a proper demo and didn't just expect everyone to buy it because of "awesome hype" then there would be less pirating out of respect for the game.

Games like SWAT 4, BF2, HL2, TF2, Portal and the sort I have bought. I will be buying Oblivion, DA2 and The Witcher 2 without hesitation.

But you're right, for leaks like Crysis 2 Beta there's no real excuse (me included in that bunch).
Man Swat 4 was fun.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard