unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

I don't really view software piracy as straight up theft, since a) the free copy market otherwise wouldn't give the developers any money and b) a common pirate doesn't steal hard copies. However, it's obscenely douchey to play stuff through without paying for it if you're able, be it Minecraft or Crysis.

Redirect piracy ethics chat to AoG chat, if you guys want to free up this thread for Crysis 2.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

I tried a bit of the beta (yes yes, bad me) and wasn't particularly impressed. I realise it's still in beta, but the story has been established and the basic gameplay mechanics are still there.

I played through Crysis 1 because the storyline was interesting; but the actual gunplay was average at best. It didn't feelt solid or well thought out. Far too many shots had to be taken before you took someone out, and the bullet sprat was utter shit. Added to the AI being a total PITA and far far too intelligent for their own good. Being able to see you through the thickness of the forrest is bullshit. It was great overall though, entertaining and was original...

Crysis 2 starts off badly, with a broken and "wtf?!" storyline... And I was really not impressed with the gunplay. It still took me 4 bullets straight to the head to kill soldiers, and they seemed to hit me wherever they were, knew when I was going to pop up and took perfect shots to my head.

Realism is lacking in the gunplay. The pistol was far too overpowering and then when switched to a rifle it felt like a piece of plastic.

The use of your suit has been improved massively though.

The storyline is where it's confusing
Spoiler (highlight to read):

You're thrown into NY as a marine, and the old holder of the suit picks you up from near death from an alien attack and saves you by putting the suit on you. He kills himself. Now, the part where I cannot seem to understand is that there has been this alien virus spreading across NY and killing all the human beings... yet you seem to be fighting a perfectly fit army of human soldiers... who don't seem to be alien. Are they with the aliens? Are they a faction that has taken over NY? It's confusing to say the least...

Maybe I misunderstood or cannot remember Crysis 1 storyline perfectly...
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

Zimmer wrote:

I tried a bit of the beta (yes yes, bad me) and wasn't particularly impressed. I realise it's still in beta, but the story has been established and the basic gameplay mechanics are still there.

I played through Crysis 1 because the storyline was interesting; but the actual gunplay was average at best. It didn't feelt solid or well thought out. Far too many shots had to be taken before you took someone out, and the bullet sprat was utter shit. Added to the AI being a total PITA and far far too intelligent for their own good. Being able to see you through the thickness of the forrest is bullshit. It was great overall though, entertaining and was original...

Crysis 2 starts off badly, with a broken and "wtf?!" storyline... And I was really not impressed with the gunplay. It still took me 4 bullets straight to the head to kill soldiers, and they seemed to hit me wherever they were, knew when I was going to pop up and took perfect shots to my head.

Realism is lacking in the gunplay. The pistol was far too overpowering and then when switched to a rifle it felt like a piece of plastic.

The use of your suit has been improved massively though.

The storyline is where it's confusing

You're thrown into NY as a marine, and the old holder of the suit picks you up from near death from an alien attack and saves you by putting the suit on you. He kills himself. Now, the part where I cannot seem to understand is that there has been this alien virus spreading across NY and killing all the human beings... yet you seem to be fighting a perfectly fit army of human soldiers... who don't seem to be alien. Are they with the aliens? Are they a faction that has taken over NY? It's confusing to say the least...

Maybe I misunderstood or cannot remember Crysis 1 storyline perfectly...
The human enemies are a private military group called C.E.L.L, owned by the company that makes the nanosuit. As far as I know they're after you because you have the suit. Not sure why of course.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6285|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
So they have completely ignored the storyline of the first and thereby the cliffhanger at the end of Crysis?

I have officially lost all faith in Crytek and this game...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
i've officially lost all faith in you when you think you can denounce an entire game because of a few speculative/scant forum posts.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Protip: Stop caring about story.

I lost interest in the storyline shortly after the start of the first game. I did not, however, lose interest in the game. It was a fun little sandbox with multiple ways to approach a situation. As a lover of games like Metal Gear Solid, this was fun to me.

Also, Floppy, you never had any faith in it to begin with because you were never going to buy it.
FloppY_
­

mtb0minime wrote:

Protip: Stop caring about story.

I lost interest in the storyline shortly after the start of the first game. I did not, however, lose interest in the game. It was a fun little sandbox with multiple ways to approach a situation. As a lover of games like Metal Gear Solid, this was fun to me.

Also, Floppy, you never had any faith in it to begin with because you were never going to buy it.
Not really true since I loved the first one...
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

M.O.A.B wrote:

The human enemies are a private military group called C.E.L.L, owned by the company that makes the nanosuit. As far as I know they're after you because you have the suit. Not sure why of course.
But how are they working in conjunction with the aliens and how the fuck have they managed to take over the entire of NY? They're not looking for anyone how I saw it, merely patrolling the entire city...
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Did you play Warhead? It explained a lot.
lolwait no it didn't
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

Zimmer wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

But how are they working in conjunction with the aliens and how the fuck have they managed to take over the entire of NY? They're not looking for anyone how I saw it, merely patrolling the entire city...
Hmm, didn't know they were actually working with them.
FloppY_
­
Looks like they didn't forget the story from Crysis 1 after all as some of you make it sound
http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2011/0 … ack-story/
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Yeah man, I'm gonna say fucking and it's gonna be all super dramatic now. Fuck yeah! Fucking dramatic.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

FloppY_ wrote:

Looks like they didn't forget the story from Crysis 1 after all as some of you make it sound
Still doesn't make sense of the human - alien invasion. It actually just made it more confusing.
FloppY_
­

Zimmer wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Still doesn't make sense of the human - alien invasion. It actually just made it more confusing.
Well, 1 visionary saw it coming, he prepared (developed the nano-suit) shit hits the fan, US military gets buttfucked, private corp. which develops nano-suit pursues personal agenda... ????... PROFIT!

was what I got from that trailer.. details about how/why Prophet gives his suit to a regular marine seemed sparce.. but I guess they make up some weak reason to fix it...
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

Don't believe this one has been posted.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6564|Area 51

M.O.A.B wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDUPHl2Q … re=related

Awesome video.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

Not seeing how its a repost, considering it hasn't been posted.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

M.O.A.B wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDUPHl2Q … re=related

looks badass, visually. hope it runs okay compared to the last one.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FloppY_
­
ok now I have no clue why any human faction would work with the aliens to kill all humans

And what's this "rightfully theirs" shyte?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
what's hard to understand about that idea?
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
The PC (multiplayer) demo is out.

I can't log in so far (so I can't even check how it runs) and apparently it's DX9 only.

http://static.cdn.ea.com/crytek/u/f/cry … r_Demo.exe

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2011-03-01 10:36:53)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6564|Area 51

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

The PC (multiplayer) demo is out.

I can't log in so far (so I can't even check how it runs) and apparently it's DX9 only.

http://static.cdn.ea.com/crytek/u/f/...layer_Demo.exe
DX9 only? In my Crysis 2? In 2011..

Boo!
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
The demo is DX9 only. Like the Dragon Age 2 one.

For some reason EA think this will make people want their games more (or something?).

The demo (again, apparently, as I can't get past the login screen) is extremely console-y. It tells you to press start at the beginning, there is auto aim, and you have very few graphics options. And the DX9 thing.

I'm going to assume that the demo was quickly ported from the Xbox demo and the actual game won't be like this.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2011-03-01 09:57:38)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I'm hoping that the demo was quickly ported from the Xbox demo and the actual game won't be like this.
Fixed for you

On a more serious note: Crysis 2 Beta on DX9 looked pretty great anyway. My card doesn't support DX11
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
Downloaded the MP demo, seems alright

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard