Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6018|...

HaiBai wrote:

obviously, in a world where everyone isn't truly religious.  all these wars 'caused' by religion, weren't caused by religion, because if the groups of people in those wars actually followed their own religion, they would realize that what they are doing is against their own religion.
sodom and gomorra is a pretty literal story, do we skip over it or?
inane little opines
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6149|North Tonawanda, NY
There is quite a bit to be discussed about religion in general.

Tim Maroney wrote a pretty biting piece on usenet years back...I don't post this as an attack, but rather to show that there is much to question.

http://groups.google.com/group/net.reli … d2c9a20cbd
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5377|London, England

HaiBai wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

whatever you say, but if you do understand it, it means you understand why you can't argue with someone who do has their faith, because it's pointless and you'll never win.
i can argue because i know the world would be better without religion therefore i would be remiss not to argue
correction; the world would be better if everyone was religious.  and i mean truly religious.

no killing, no stealing, no adultery, no wars...  sounds pretty good to me.
lololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololollololollololololololololol

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_y67YaHGNe1k/TDtSRm-XZCI/AAAAAAAABUY/FiZca9HOkR4/s1600/lol.jpg
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6641|Little Bentcock

HaiBai wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

correction; the world would be better if everyone was religious.  and i mean truly religious.

no killing, no stealing, no adultery, no wars...  sounds pretty good to me.
what world do you live in?
obviously, in a world where everyone isn't truly religious.  all these wars 'caused' by religion, weren't caused by religion, because if the groups of people in those wars actually followed their own religion, they would realize that what they are doing is against their own religion.
You're kidding, right?
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5503|Bolingbrook, Illinois

dayarath wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

the  Bible is not a work of science, it is a book of love to his people, which demonstrates morals and some other stuff.  what is there to question?
The Bible contains much more than simply a story of a god and love for his people, almost everything written in there can be questioned.
you can't read the bible word for word literally.

11 Bravo wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

what world do you live in?
have you read the bible?
yeah.  God grants mercy to those who seek it, not to those who continue to sin.

dayarath wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

sodom and gomorra is a pretty literal story, do we skip over it or?
nope. 

Catholic Library wrote:

If you examine the Old Testament passages in which God outlines the sins which would merit the death penalty under the Mosaic Law (Lev. 20:27, 24:10-23; Deut. 13:5-10, 21:18-21, 22:21-24), you'll see that homosexuality was condemned alongside such crimes as murder, idolatry, and blasphemy (Lev. 20:13).

SenorToenails wrote:

There is quite a bit to be discussed about religion in general.

Tim Maroney wrote a pretty biting piece on usenet years back...I don't post this as an attack, but rather to show that there is much to question.

http://groups.google.com/group/net.reli … d2c9a20cbd
interesting.  but dumb at the same time

Last edited by HaiBai (2011-01-27 17:51:22)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5256|Cleveland, Ohio
what does that mean?  god grants mercy to those who seek it
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6172|what

I posted this in the respond by picture thread, but think it is also relevent here.

https://i.imgur.com/H9T7t.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
HaiBai

11 Bravo wrote:

that he's not only a god of mercy, he is also a god of justice
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6172|what

HaiBai wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

And jealousy.
11 Bravo
Banned

HaiBai wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

where is the justice for the children molested by priests?
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6018|...
HaiBai are you trolling or what? Interpretations of the bible vary wildly. This whole "peace and tolerance through faith" movement is only something of the last century or so. In the 1900 years before that the bible had been consistently used as an argument for people to kick eachothers teeth in on a regular basis.

Were they all wrong?
inane little opines
HaiBai

11 Bravo wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

where is the justice for the children molested by priests?
this is not an action of god, it is an action of mankind.

dayarath wrote:

HaiBai are you trolling or what? Interpretations of the bible vary wildly. This whole "peace and tolerance through faith" movement is only something of the last century or so. In the 1900 years before that the bible had been consistently used as an argument for people to kick eachothers teeth in on a regular basis.

Were they all wrong?
yes.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6172|what

HaiBai wrote:

Question.

Whose image were we created in?
11 Bravo
Banned

HaiBai wrote:

ya ya.  where is the justice?
Adams_BJ

HaiBai wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Were they all wrong?
yes.
why?
HaiBai
i broke my rule of never arguing religion

you guys win, gg
Adams_BJ
I just don't undertsand how 1900 ish years of religion could be wrong, but the last 100 are right.
11 Bravo
Banned
so no justice?
HaiBai

Adams_BJ wrote:

I just don't undertsand how 1900 ish years of religion could be wrong, but the last 100 are right.
i honestly don't know how to respond to that.  you should ask someone who really knows what they're talking about.

11 Bravo wrote:

so no justice?
sodom and gomorra, which was already talked about on this page
11 Bravo
Banned

HaiBai wrote:

no..what happened to those priests?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5604

I really don't care about other people's religious beliefs. I just don't like it when religious people attempt to push religion into the government and laws.

Hey HaiBai, what are your thoughts on the role of religion in government?

O Yeah and could we keep this from getting closed guys? Thanks.

Last edited by Macbeth (2011-01-27 18:21:13)

HaiBai

11 Bravo wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

no..what happened to those priests?
nothing

Macbeth wrote:

I really don't care about other people's religious beliefs. I just don't like it when religious people attempt to push religion into the government and laws.

Hey HaiBai, what are your thoughts on the role of religion in government?

O Yeah and could we keep this from getting closed guys? Thanks.
in my opinion religion should never interfere with government decisions.  (i'll always argue against abortion though and other things like that though)
11 Bravo
Banned

HaiBai wrote:

nothing
so where is the justice you speak of?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5604

HaiBai wrote:

in my opinion religion should never interfere with government decisions.  (i'll always argue against abortion though and other things like that though)
'in my opinion religion should never interfere with government decisions.'
'(i'll always argue against abortion though and other things like that though)'
How can you reconcile these these two sentences?

So your against legalized abortion and legal gay marriage though yo think religion and government shouldn't come together?

That doesn't make sense.
HaiBai

11 Bravo wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

nothing
so where is the justice you speak of?
ask a priest.

Macbeth wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

'in my opinion religion should never interfere with government decisions.'
'(i'll always argue against abortion though and other things like that though)'
How can you reconcile these these two sentences?

So your against legalized abortion and legal gay marriage though yo think religion and government shouldn't come together?

That doesn't make sense.
abortion isn't just a question of religion, it's a question of whether a fetus is a baby or not.

i won't argue gay marriage because they should be able to do whatever they want.  i still don't support it though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard