Hunter/Jumper
+117|6363

Kmar wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Umm, the value of the dollar changes every second, and from zip code to zip code... it's never static.
The price of bread changes too.

Look up what a $100 trillion Zimbabwe banknote will buy you.
This was the way it was during the period just prior to Hitler in Nazi Germany. Funny how one dictator can revive an economy whilst another can completely decimate it. Absolute power, it's a crap shoot.
I do know the feeling.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6363

JohnG@lt wrote:

dayarath wrote:

what kind of products do you make?
Skyscrapers
. . and how long have you been working there ? What happened to the University of Chicago ?

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2011-01-25 07:52:50)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6363

AussieReaper wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

That's what I thought.

If so, you've got problems H/J.
It is sad that you would admit you have no idea and make a conclusion anyway. Have fun in Chemistry Lab !
I had no idea, which is why I asked. And even the conclusion I said "If so". I gave you the benefit of the doubt...
It was a attempt at slur, Even Poseidon knew that and responded, so you know it had to be pretty obvious. So step off.
Oh, and btw - the caption to that pic was:

A well nourished Sudanese man steals maize from a starving child during a food distribution at the feeding center at Ajiep.

I'm sure some hard work would have really helped in that situation though.
What ever the hell does that Have to do with hard work ? Except if Governments weren't corrupt, that wouldn't happen.
Can't wait for Government run Healthcare.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2011-01-25 05:50:13)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6363

Dilbert_X wrote:

But from the perspective of the child luck is a very large factor.
I have to say, One of my earliest childhood memories was of our church ( f*ckin Christians ! ) raising money for African victims of Famine as they do now. I have the suspicion that my grandchildren will be doing the same thing.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6363

JohnG@lt wrote:

Also, I fail to see why it's at all relevant to the topic at hand. Did I dismiss luck out of hand? No. Would it be unlucky to be born to an African family? Absolutely. I'd probably kill my father for not castrating himself prior to my birth
Can you imagine if I said something like this, what your response would be ? Jeez
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6363

JohnG@lt wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I just hope it's not a family firm. But did you get the job through anyone you know, is it an Internship or just based off your degree?

I am happy that you are in a firm.
It's not a family firm, it's quite large. My friends father retired as a partner and I got the interview through him but I won the job on my own merits (my military service did wonders)
Would you have us believe the Firm that hired you didn't think " the majority that join are retards that would have no shot at anything but the welfare line in the real world. " ?
EVieira
+105|6487|Lutenblaag, Molvania

JohnG@lt wrote:

It's not being lucky, or being born into the right family (though that helps cover up deficiencies to an extent). It's not being born a genius or a retard. No, the secret to success is... surprise! Hard work. It takes approximately 10,000 hours of practice to become an expert at anything. Bobby Fischer? 10,000 hours playing chess before he became the youngest Grandmaster in history. Bill Gates? 10,000 of programming experience before he even reached Harvard.

Why do I mention this? Because I'm sick and tired of reading on this forum about conspiracy theories regarding the rich or seeing people publish replies based on some ridiculous assumption that they only became wealthy due to luck. Sorry, luck has very little to do with anything.
What if you were born a woman in Mauritania?
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6363
Silence. . .   .
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6680|UK
is golden
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6115|eXtreme to the maX

EVieira wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

It's not being lucky, or being born into the right family (though that helps cover up deficiencies to an extent). It's not being born a genius or a retard. No, the secret to success is... surprise! Hard work. It takes approximately 10,000 hours of practice to become an expert at anything. Bobby Fischer? 10,000 hours playing chess before he became the youngest Grandmaster in history. Bill Gates? 10,000 of programming experience before he even reached Harvard.

Why do I mention this? Because I'm sick and tired of reading on this forum about conspiracy theories regarding the rich or seeing people publish replies based on some ridiculous assumption that they only became wealthy due to luck. Sorry, luck has very little to do with anything.
What if you were born a woman in Mauritania?
Two words - George Dubya Bush.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6363
Wow.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard