Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6176|Ireland
http://www.foxnews.com//entertainment/2 … test=faces

The brother of the Muslim actress Afshan Azad, who played Padma Patil in the “Harry Potter” films, was sentenced to six months in prison Thursday for beating his sister after he heard her talking to her Hindu boyfriend.

Ashraf Azad, 28, called his sister a “prostitute” and screamed ''Marry a Muslim or you die!''

during a three-hour beating, during which, the actress said in a Manchester, England court, she feared for her life.

Afshan Azad, 21, was punched, strangled, and dragged by her hair by her brother, but she still pleaded for the judge’s leniency during the sentencing hearing, and asked he not be jailed.

Judge Roger Thomas would not hear of it, noting ''The background to this offense lies in the concern that you, and perhaps other family members, had about Afshan's relationship with a young man who was not of the Islamic faith.''

The judge also pointed out the “persistent attack was accompanied by serious and very hurtful abuse and threats. It must have been a miserable and frightening experience for your sister.”

''This is a sentence that is designed to punish you for what you did and also to send out a clear message to others that domestic violence involving circumstances such as have arisen here cannot be tolerated,” the judge said.

Afshan Azad’s family members recounted in court a harrowing night in which her father and mother also called her names, made threats and started making plans to give her away in an arranged marriage to a Muslim man in Bangladesh.

"I'm going to kill you. I'm actually going to kill you," the brother said, according to court testimony. He was then heard shouting "Where are the knives?"

Apparently his own wife had already hidden them.

"She was told she had to marry a Muslim or you die," prosecutor Richard Vardon said.

Afshan Azad snuck out a window the next morning.

"She realized she would have to leave and felt she could not live any longer in that environment," Vardon said.
People argue all the time that this crap is just "a few" radicals.  But I don't think this would even be news if it happened in Saudi, UEA, Iraq, Afghanistan, Turkey, Pakistan, Iran.........  Honestly I think it is the norm in many of those countries.  I swear of all the major religions, Islam is by far the most intolerant and violent (don't want to hear about religion X,Y,Z centuries ago because most have evolved, islam not so much).

So how do you Islamic apologists dismiss this as just a radical.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5230|Cleveland, Ohio
ya its common place.  i dont know how people can deny it.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

More instances of this amongst Sikh communities tbh.

It certainly is a problem amongst Muslims, but also between Sikhs, Hindus, Catholics, Protestants, and various ethnic groups.

Thinking this behaviour is isolated to Muslims is just deluded.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5954|Places 'n such
Seriously I cannot remember the last time I left the house without seeing musilms beating their women. It's so annoying on the bus because you have to wade through the blood to get a seat.
Honestly, the only time their not beating their women is when they're blowing themselves up.
Fuck, I hate minorities.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
11 Bravo
Banned

presidentsheep wrote:

Seriously I cannot remember the last time I left the house without seeing musilms beating their women. It's so annoying on the bus because you have to wade through the blood to get a seat.
Honestly, the only time their not beating their women is when they're blowing themselves up.
Fuck, I hate minorities.
its not funny really.  being cheeky about it is simple if you aint a women in that culture.
11 Bravo
Banned

Bertster7 wrote:

It certainly is a problem amongst Muslims, but also between Sikhs, Hindus, Catholics, Protestants, and various ethnic groups.

really?  show me where catholic women get beat,whipped, or acid tossed on them as punishment?  (and lets stay current shall we..lets say since 1999)
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

11 Bravo wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

really?  show me where catholic women get beat,whipped, or acid tossed on them as punishment?  (and lets stay current shall we..lets say since 1999)
Catholic/Protestant mixed marriage in and around Northern Ireland has led to some pretty nasty stuff...

Last edited by Bertster7 (2011-01-22 10:54:40)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709

11 Bravo wrote:

ya its common place.  i dont know how people can deny it.
When my friend went to Qatar for Model UN a hajji chair from Georgetown university told another hajji chick that she should wear a burqa since she looks like a prostitute without one. shit was fucked up.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6664|UK
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
11 Bravo
Banned

m3thod wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski
thats not common.  the story in the OP is.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6398|North Carolina
It's certainly a problem among Muslims, but it's more a problem with religion and traditionalism in general.

The more traditionalist your interpretation of a religion is, the more violent and prejudiced you're going to be.

Ideally, religion wouldn't exist, so that there would be one fewer thing for us to kill each other over.
11 Bravo
Banned

13/f/taiwan wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Robert_Rudolph
why do you act this way?
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5954|Places 'n such
Quite possibly because we're all capable of making stupid sweeping generalisations, we just have the mental capacity not to.
11 Bravo
Banned

presidentsheep wrote:

Quite possibly because we're all capable of making stupid sweeping generalisations, we just have the mental capacity not to.
really?  i point you to dilbert.  yet you dont say shit to him.  hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-01-22 11:07:00)

presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5954|Places 'n such
That's because he's not in this thread.
11 Bravo
Banned

presidentsheep wrote:

That's because he's not in this thread.
good.  go play generalization police in a thread he is in then.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5954|Places 'n such
No, i'm fighting injustice in this thread first!
13/f/taiwan
+940|5691
marine we post nasty things about dilbert but the mods delete them.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461
Serious talk
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum
ok so to trim this down;

muslim girl in minor part in film is abused because the family dont like who she sees?

cut all the muslim shite out.

so do you think this is representave of islam on a whole? the boy that does my windows, does he go home and beat his wife? how about my postman?

jesus fuck fuck strawmen
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
11 Bravo
Banned

FatherTed wrote:

ok so to trim this down;

muslim girl in minor part in film is abused because the family dont like who she sees?

cut all the muslim shite out.

so do you think this is representave of islam on a whole? the boy that does my windows, does he go home and beat his wife? how about my postman?

jesus fuck fuck strawmen
dude...this stuff aint news in most of those countries thats why you never hear about it.  its just common and expected.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5691
nothing bad ever happens in america.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5954|Places 'n such
But the clever interwebz box said it was true! And if you google "islam r terribad" it tells you all manner of bad things which you can then apply to every single member of that group!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard