CC-Marley
+407|6843

Spearhead wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

There's another exposed myth - that alcohol helps you cope.
Well said...
Answers are at the bottom.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6358

CC-Marley wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

There's another exposed myth - that alcohol helps you cope.
Well said...
Answers are at the bottom.
You know, it actually helped me quite a bit through last year. Sometimes you need a break, blocking things out with booze can give you this brake. I had so much shit crashing down on me at once, I needed to sort it at a slower pace. Alcohol always puts me in a good mood, no matter how depressed I was before, weird.

Wouldn´t recommend ever though.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6747|St. Andrews / Oslo

So I had a headache before I went out last night, and woke up today with one at least three times worse.

I don't think this one is curable.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6686|UK
hopefully it kills you
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
13rin
+977|6494
hesues cristo m3th...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5252|Cleveland, Ohio

m3thod wrote:

hopefully it kills you
11 Bravo
Banned

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

wtf makes you a beer snob, john?
The average beer drinker doesn't know the difference between a porter and a stout, let alone a lager vs an ale. I go out of my way to drink quality beers, not just microbrews, in the same way a person who understands wine would shun the swill that comes in a box if given the choice. It's a matter of taste. Like being a collector of art or coins or baseball cards, I enjoy going after hard to find beers in order to gain a new experience in much the same way foodies enjoy going out to fine restaurants and sampling what the chef has to offer. Could they just boil a box of mac and cheese and call it a night? Yes, but it wouldn't be a new experience and probably not all that pleasurable. Some people rack up women, some people rack up money, and others rack up debt. I enjoy food and beer.
fair point i guess.  i know the difference i just dont care.  if it tastes good to me thats all i care about.  if i go out to eat or to a bar i try some different beers.  if i am just playing some battlefield with some friends then i want a nice constant low key buzz for hours...hence the cheap stuff.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5373|London, England

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

The average beer drinker doesn't know the difference between a porter and a stout, let alone a lager vs an ale. I go out of my way to drink quality beers, not just microbrews, in the same way a person who understands wine would shun the swill that comes in a box if given the choice. It's a matter of taste. Like being a collector of art or coins or baseball cards, I enjoy going after hard to find beers in order to gain a new experience in much the same way foodies enjoy going out to fine restaurants and sampling what the chef has to offer. Could they just boil a box of mac and cheese and call it a night? Yes, but it wouldn't be a new experience and probably not all that pleasurable. Some people rack up women, some people rack up money, and others rack up debt. I enjoy food and beer.
fair point i guess.  i know the difference i just dont care.  if it tastes good to me thats all i care about.  if i go out to eat or to a bar i try some different beers.  if i am just playing some battlefield with some friends then i want a nice constant low key buzz for hours...hence the cheap stuff.
If I'm drinking to get drunk (which isn't all that often) then Bud Light is fine. If I'm just out having a few then I'd rather drink quality.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned
thats what i said
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6616|132 and Bush

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Uzique wrote:

grey goose is the most over-rated status signifying drink going around right now

it's like an instant douchebag-notifier when you're in a club... check for the table of rahs with their conspicuously placed grey goose

what a joke
so agreed. i bought a bottle once (not at a club) to see what it was all about... literally no difference between that and most other vodkas.

ive always been a rum drinker so i've been trying out all the different ones at the liquor store, some are surprisingly good

and i had a shot of patron once, possibly the smoothest alcohol ever.  id buy it normally but its significantly more expensive than buying most other alcohol here
Lets be fair here. There is a difference between goose and lesser vodkas (which is what they usually give you in a club). It is however, like zeek said, mostly a status thing.. This is because an educated drinker has other options for similar taste and lower price.. BTW, the COSTCO branda vodka (Kirkland is the generic name) is VERY close in taste to grey goose. That ought to burst a few vodkayupster bubbles.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6515|so randum

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

can i meet some of your friends? i play battlefield games too and like beer so we should get on well
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
ghettoperson
+1,943|6664

Kmar wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Uzique wrote:

grey goose is the most over-rated status signifying drink going around right now

it's like an instant douchebag-notifier when you're in a club... check for the table of rahs with their conspicuously placed grey goose

what a joke
so agreed. i bought a bottle once (not at a club) to see what it was all about... literally no difference between that and most other vodkas.

ive always been a rum drinker so i've been trying out all the different ones at the liquor store, some are surprisingly good

and i had a shot of patron once, possibly the smoothest alcohol ever.  id buy it normally but its significantly more expensive than buying most other alcohol here
Lets be fair here. There is a difference between goose and lesser vodkas (which is what they usually give you in a club). It is however, like zeek said, mostly a status thing.. This is because an educated drinker has other options for similar taste and lower price.. BTW, the COSTCO branda vodka (Kirkland is the generic name) is VERY close in taste to grey goose. That ought to burst a few vodkayupster bubbles.
Yeah I've heard Kirkland is unexpectedly good. It makes you wonder what the trick to making good vodka is.
11 Bravo
Banned

FatherTed wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

can i meet some of your friends? i play battlefield games too and like beer so we should get on well
hmmm we already have two irish gingers but sure why not
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6754|Toronto | Canada

they cant sell alcohol at costcos here
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5373|London, England

ghettoperson wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Yeah I've heard Kirkland is unexpectedly good. It makes you wonder what the trick to making good vodka is.
Distill ethanol until almost pure, add water, profit.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6339|New Haven, CT

Kmar wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Uzique wrote:

what a joke

I don't consider Grey Goose as a status symbol, but rather as the best vodka on the market. Given your revelation of the Kirkland Vodka, which through more research I have discovered is a ridiculously cheap $29 per 1.75 liter bottle, I'll no longer consider branded Grey Goose the best option for a high quality vodka.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5716|College Park, MD
i've heard you can buy pretty cheap vodka then filter it at home and most people will not know the difference between it and a high-end vodka.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6636|London, England

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

i've heard you can buy pretty cheap vodka then filter it at home and most people will not know the difference between it and a high-end vodka.
I can't really tell the difference, they all more or less taste like jet fuel anyway

I suppose, actually...sometimes it can be abit more watery and weaker

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2011-01-21 10:06:25)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Mekstizzle wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I can't really tell the difference, they all more or less taste like jet fuel anyway
tastesbadman.jpg
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6339|New Haven, CT
Grey Goose has no taste and has a warm, pleasant feeling in your throat, whereas cheap vodka like Rubinoff or Majorska tastes poisonous and burns when swallowed.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
The more inebriated I get the less hard liquor burns.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6145|North Tonawanda, NY

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

The more inebriated I get the less hard liquor burns.
That's why you put the good stuff away after the first few drinks!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6664

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I've heard this as well, but what I don't understand is then why don't Smirnoff stick their fucking awful tasting vodka through one? If it's so easy to make great tasting vodka why doesn't everyone do it? Whatever your opinion of high-end vodkas, they DO taste better.

I've never quite understood why Smirnoff wins tasting awards, I can only assume that professional vodka tasters prefer the taste of gasoline, whilst the rest of us prefer smoother, less awful tasting vodka's like Grey Goose and Belvedere.

Actually for all you honkeys that hate vodka, try some Ciroc. That stuff is incredible, it really lacks all the things people hate about vodka. Obviously drink it from the freezer, warm vodka is never good.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6642|UK
How does one filter vodka?

I assume it's more complicated than using something like filter-coffee paper.
11 Bravo
Banned
whats the point anyway?  fuck sake its supposed to relax you after a day of work...not cause more work

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard