Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

FFLink wrote:

And that's why all reviews suck, IMO.

I have very different opinions from many people on what gives entertainment. When a game gets branded a "WoW killer", it's not gonna do it any good. You get all the hardcore WoWfags ready to give themselves for their precious title and everyone who hates WoW trying the game and making it sound better than is - both trying to appeal to the masses by insulting the other game.

You won't know if it's any good until you play it.
are you stupid? it's the complete other way around. WoW fags don't care about other MMO's- why would they? they enter the discussion because people that are all "OMG FUCK WOW IS GAY OMG FUCK WOW!" insist on calling EVERY NEW FUCKING MMO a "WoW killer". so of course they enter upon the discourse to /point and /laugh. the funny thing is that you don't realize the vehement anti-WoW sentiment is what triggers all of these pathetic discussions - it's almost like a playschool argument. "he started it!". it's always the anti-WoW crowd that hype new upcoming MMO's with all their talk of WoW being "shit" and for "fags" and deserving to "die". WoW players don't care... they're too busy playing and having fun. all the negative shit-talking and stupid childish crap comes - for some unknown and mysterious reason - from all the people that don't play WoW. pretty ironic that the non-WoW crowd seem to be more unhappy about the state of affairs, no?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5237|Cleveland, Ohio
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/51907/siwoti-cat.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England

Uzique wrote:

FFLink wrote:

I have very different opinions from many people on what gives entertainment. When a game gets branded a "WoW killer", it's not gonna do it any good. You get all the hardcore WoWfags ready to give themselves for their precious title and everyone who hates WoW trying the game and making it sound better than is - both trying to appeal to the masses by insulting the other game.

are you stupid? it's the complete other way around. WoW fags don't care about other MMO's- why would they? they enter the discussion because people that are all "OMG FUCK WOW IS GAY OMG FUCK WOW!" insist on calling EVERY NEW FUCKING MMO a "WoW killer". so of course they enter upon the discourse to /point and /laugh. the funny thing is that you don't realize the vehement anti-WoW sentiment is what triggers all of these pathetic discussions - it's almost like a playschool argument. "he started it!". it's always the anti-WoW crowd that hype new upcoming MMO's with all their talk of WoW being "shit" and for "fags" and deserving to "die". WoW players don't care... they're too busy playing and having fun. all the negative shit-talking and stupid childish crap comes - for some unknown and mysterious reason - from all the people that don't play WoW. pretty ironic that the non-WoW crowd seem to be more unhappy about the state of affairs, no?
See?

I got it right.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5036|Massachusetts, USA

Uzique wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Trollolololol
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6714|Purplicious Wisconsin
Well, beta testing is now done. I had fun playing this and enjoyed my dps tank build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0chLg … 0c0M.m.V0z
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
seeing how crap this is on youtube makes me really yearn for an even half-decent MMO to come out.

i'm literally dying for a new MMO or FPS to sink my time into. nothing is any good - even to a meagre and average level!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
War Man

Uzique wrote:

seeing how crap this is on youtube makes me really yearn for an even half-decent MMO to come out.

i'm literally dying for a new MMO or FPS to sink my time into. nothing is any good - even to a meagre and average level!
What exactly looked crap to you?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North
all of it, because it's crap
CC-Marley
+407|6828
poop
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

War Man wrote:

Uzique wrote:

everything. the gameplay videos looked awful in every single regard. im used to a fluid and refined MMO and this isn't it.

plus in your post you said you enjoyed your "tank-dps" build. er you can develop a dps-tank character? need i say anymore?
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6439|Brisbane, Australia

There a plenty of things to be unhappy with about this game, but the fluidity of the combat and the class system are not those things.

It does almost nothing new but at least it is launching in a polished state and not the mess most MMO's launch at these days. What exactly did you think looked awful in the gameplay videos? It isnt particularly different to almighty WoW combat wise.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
War Man

Uzique wrote:

War Man wrote:

Uzique wrote:

everything. the gameplay videos looked awful in every single regard. im used to a fluid and refined MMO and this isn't it.

plus in your post you said you enjoyed your "tank-dps" build. er you can develop a dps-tank character? need i say anymore?
Yes, it isn't much tanky but it survives better than a dps, isn't very damage dealing compared to a regular dps but it certainly does a better job at dps than a tank. You can do pretty much anything but there are always limitations to keep things balanced.
Hallvard
+262|6522|North Norway

Early access to full game tomorrow
Stayed out of the last beta due to uni stuff. Looking forward to playing Rift again.
It will hopefully make time go a bit faster until March.

Last edited by Hallvard (2011-02-23 02:53:52)

War Man
By the way, try to keep your soul vitality close or at 100%. If you reach 0 your character is deleted so I hear that is. Healers will bring your soul vitality back to 100% but it costs gold and silver. Dying by an npc give you -10% soul vitality, if you want to get resurrected by the grave master thing, he/she lowers your soul vitality to an additional -25%.

Last edited by War Man (2011-02-23 11:22:09)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
somehow i very much doubt they will delete your entire character...

otherwise that seems like a gimmicky renaming of WoW's durability. is anything in this game particularly new?
War Man
Not sure what is new, been so long since I played a mmorpg I don't know what is new.

Uzique wrote:

somehow i very much doubt they will delete your entire character...
It was what I heard when I asked them, God fucking trolls online are annoying. I hated people chatting saying WoW or Aion was the first MMO.

What happens when you reach 0%
http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Soul_Vitality

Much clear to me now

Last edited by War Man (2011-02-23 13:20:34)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
so it's just durability? right. why do they even bother?
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London
I've got a level 6 pyro/elemental. So far not impressed, I've not really played a MMORPG since dabbling in guild wars but for some reason I just don't find these things very fun.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6156|Vancouver | Canada
Anyone want a code for some hat or whatever?

I got that dumb coupon thing in TF2, but I don't have this game.
(Nor am I planning on getting it.)
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
sorry to be pedantic but guild wars isn't an mmo... annoys me when people say it is, or mention it regarding 'mmo experience'.

in rift's defense, it won't be like guild wars because guild wars simply is not an mmo.

but your point stands.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London
Am now level 13. Fun times have yet to commence.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
go play WoW or EQ2 and use it as a benchmark for every single MMO game ever

and get torched for it
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4842|Amsterdam
Well, i haven't really followed this game, but i did just watch the GT review of it and well, it looks nice. the graphics are OK for an MMO and the gameplay seems pretty standard. But it wont make a huge impact on the MMO industry, because all the MMO-players already have an MMO that they love and play.
12 (or is it 13 already?) million WoW players are not going to abandon their server, character, guild and dare i say it? Friends in WoW to start a new MMO that isn't a guaranteed success. As long as WoW, EQ2 (and GW) dominate the MMO market, not a single new and shiny MMO will become huge, even if it is actually better than any of those 3 because an MMO is not (entirely) about the game, its also about the (amount of) players.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4842|Amsterdam
Does anyone here actually play this game? Im pretty curious as to how it turned out.

And since an MMO's succes always seems to be based on this 'only time will tell' principle i would like it if someone kept us up to speed with the developments in this game

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard