11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5229|Cleveland, Ohio
I say Barclays.  Yes/No?

Zimmer wrote:

No. It really isn't. Pretty sure the best football played isn't in the Premier League. And I don't think anybody would say otherwise.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
All arguments point to the Premier League in recent years. Competitiveness of all the teams respective of each other. Money. Performance in the European competitions. The style of play generally amongst all the teams is faster than other leagues. And of course, the actual UEFA League coefficients themselves...

Don't be fooled into thinking the wonder play of Barcelona and to a lesser extent Real Madrid make up for the rest of the Spanish League being...not much.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6564

Premier League, Zimmer is just a Barca fanboy
BRiiNDED
+137|6116
Best league in the world?  ya
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6452|UK

Toilet Sex wrote:

Premier League, Zimmer is just a Barca fanboy
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6733|OctoLand
I completely agree with Zimmer, the best football is played in La Liga....

By one team.

The best league is the premier league by far, especially with the added competition in recent years.
I know fucking karate
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

^^ is true.

Talent pool in EPL is much higher.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK
premier league

there used to be a good ding-dong amongst juve, ac, inter, roma, lazio in the seria A until inter took over but italian football is a bit of snorefest anyway.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6733

1. English League
2. Italian League
3. German League
4. Spanish League

When the top team in the league win's 5-0 over the second team, whilst both teams win by huge margins every week, it reflects a pretty poor competition.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6452|UK
The Italian league has suddenly got quite interesting again. The German league has had some quite different league winners over the past couple of years.

Must be pretty awesome living in Germany I heard the entry to their games are actually quite cheap. Plus you can drink beer whilst watching and A+ atmospheres!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
LA Galaxy
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6489

Superior Mind wrote:

LA Galaxy
Liar! Real Salt Lake . . .
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6748|Scotland

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

^^ is true.

Talent pool in EPL is much higher.
It is? I didn't know that... Seeing as the entire list of Fifa Balon D'Or nominees only included 2 players from the Barclay's. Clearly... the talent pool is huge

There wasn't even a single English player nominated. But of course, it still remains the best.

It used to be the best league, I don't deny that... but it's been terrible for the past two years. This year especially. I still remember the days when a Manchester United - Arsenal game wasn't boring to watch. What is it now? An absolute joke.

There's more competition and closer score lines? Yeah, of course there is, because goals seem to be scored at scarce times. And why is that? Because the football is terrible.

It has more money? Because all the teams in the Premier league sold themselves to the richest buyer. There is no integrity in the Premier League anymore. Teams are bought and sold like cars. They mean nothing anymore as a united team with their fans. It's all a big joke.

That they have the best fans in the world? Maybe, but that's only because we're also the worst behaved.

A brilliant league isn't one that should be close till the very end. A good league is one where the best football is played and the best players play. Where is that? Most definitely not the premier...

Yeah, whatever, Barcelona right now haven't had a huge problem against teams... but that doesn't mean it's a shit league. They're just playing unbelievable football and nobody can even believe the sort of football they're putting on display.

Jestar - What a load of utter bollocks. Just because Barcelona beat Madrid 5-0 doesn't mean there's no competition. There's 2 points in it because of one win more... What the fuck are you on? Yes, Barcelona put on a stunning display and the fact is that there are few commentators that have claimed to have seen a better football match since the 70s. That's how good the football was.

All there is in the Barclay's that there isn't in any other leagues is drama. Child drama. Tevez, Allardyce, Rooney etc etc. It's stupid media bullshit. It doesn't make the league better.

Anyway. I never said the LFP is the best league in the world. All I said is that the PL isn't anymore. It used to be, but it has lost a lot of flare in the past two years. The Italian league is great now again as well.

Also, in terms of best fans. There are the best fans lol

That's Polish fans in an U-11 match. Epic.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5476|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Zimmer wrote:

Also, in terms of best fans. There are the best fans lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib70m35P … r_embedded

That's Polish fans in an U-11 match. Epic.
yea boi.    lech poznan ftw
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6680|"The Empire"
Prem is still the best league in the world with all the teams but the best team in the world by a mile now is Barca, real are getting back to there best but the rest of the league is not upto Prem standards as a whole.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6452|UK
There is no fucking way you can use the Ballon D'or as an indicator. Ahem why is Wesley Sneijder not even in the 3 man short-list. In the season gone past how has Iniesta even in the top three. He was injured and had a poor season compared to the one before.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6748|Scotland

wah1188 wrote:

There is no fucking way you can use the Ballon D'or as an indicator. Ahem why is Wesley Sneijder not even in the 3 man short-list. In the season gone past how has Iniesta even in the top three. He was injured and had a poor season compared to the one before.
Are you fucking joking? Are you genuinely just trolling here?

Iniesta won the fucking world cup for Spain. Should that not be enough to put him on the shortlist?

The final 3 are deservedly there. Wesley would have been in the final 4, but the 3 players are currently the best in the world. Fact.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6452|UK

Zimmer wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

Iniesta won the fucking world cup for Spain. Should that not be enough to put him on the shortlist?

The final 3 are deservedly there. Wesley would have been in the final 4, but the 3 players are currently the best in the world. Fact.
Oh so Iniesta just appears for one game for Spain and scores. Makes him in top 3, Wesley won the treble with Inter.

Ballon D'or is a farce anyway how did Cannavaro win in 2006 captain for the WC winning team maybe but he didn't exactly have a great season domestically.

Last edited by wah1188 (2010-12-18 16:46:12)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6701|England. Stoke

Zimmer wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

Exactly he played well in the World Cup, nothing to do with his domestic form and therefore the standard of the league he plays in. Gyan was in the shortlist purely because of his World Cup form. Same for the likes of Mueller...

Last edited by coke (2010-12-18 17:02:27)

justice
OctoPoster
+978|6733|OctoLand
There really is no point debating anything with Zimmer, if he thinks 1+1=3 then that must be the way, otherwise you get sentences littered with excessive swearing thrown at you.

"Best" is very open to interpretation, but if you go by which league has the biggest global following, the premier league wins hands down, Outside of Spain, most people only tune in for Real vs Barca (which is the most watched game globally), where as in the premier league there are far more teams and match ups that interest the neutrals.
I know fucking karate
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4960|Dundee, Scotland.
Scottish first division
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6564

justice wrote:

There really is no point debating anything with Zimmer, if he thinks 1+1=3 then that must be the way, otherwise you get sentences littered with excessive swearing thrown at you.
^ why i can't be arsed
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6733

Ballon d'Or is a joke. Milito didn't even make the shortlist despite pretty much winning the treble for Inter, whatever that means.

And what justice said.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5229|Cleveland, Ohio

Zimmer wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

world cup?  who gives a fuck about the world cup
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6316|New Haven, CT
How is this even a question? It's clearly the EPL. Barcelona and Real Madrid don't play each other every week, and the Italian league has boring play, egregious flopping, terrible officiating, and the ever present sense the matches are fixed.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2010-12-22 05:33:04)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard