Benzin
+576|5991
Let me ask you guys this question (this was the result of a convo with a mate of mine the other night): can you have sex with another person while you're in a committed relationship and still be faithful? I.E.: you have absolutely ZERO romantic feelings for the person you are sleeping with (like a one night stand), you're just looking for a bit of quick sexual gratification. Is in in that case cheating? You're still emotionally faithful to the person you are with but for just one sliver of time you're unfaithful physically.

My friend says this is not cheating, I honestly can't make up my mind. Thought it would be an interesting topic, something non-political and non-religious for once.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5906|...

cheating.
Chou
+737|6784

tuckergustav wrote:

cheating.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6456|cuntshitlake

Quite obviously cheating unless "permitted" by partner. What's there to discuss about? You've slept with another and feel bad about it and want us to support you?

Last edited by DUnlimited (2010-12-05 10:24:00)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

Seriously, guest of honor. It is certainly not for everyone but it is possibly to incorporate another sexual partner in your relationship. It need to be discussed and rules understood. My wife and I don't consider this cheating.
Sturgeon
+488|4934|Flintshire
Umm?

How can you see it as anything other than cheating on your partner?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5351|London, England

CapnNismo wrote:

Let me ask you guys this question (this was the result of a convo with a mate of mine the other night): can you have sex with another person while you're in a committed relationship and still be faithful? I.E.: you have absolutely ZERO romantic feelings for the person you are sleeping with (like a one night stand), you're just looking for a bit of quick sexual gratification. Is in in that case cheating? You're still emotionally faithful to the person you are with but for just one sliver of time you're unfaithful physically.

My friend says this is not cheating, I honestly can't make up my mind. Thought it would be an interesting topic, something non-political and non-religious for once.
Absolutely cheating.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
mikkel
+383|6594
It seems pretty straight-forward if you take a second to consider what being faithful actually is. If your actions abuse the faith that your spouse or significant other places in you to respect the terms of your relationship, then you're being unfaithful. If those terms explicitly permit you to have emotionally-detached sex with others, then you're good to go.

Last edited by mikkel (2010-12-05 10:56:20)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6404|'Murka

Cheating. Full stop.

If you have an "agreement" then you aren't in a "committed" relationship.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
mikkel
+383|6594

FEOS wrote:

It's pretty dense to dismiss the emotional commitment between two people merely because their take on sex differs from yours.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5954|Places 'n such

Chou wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

cheating.
pretty much all human interaction with the opposite gender is based on sex... if you're in a relationship and start screwing other people its going to get complicated, no matter how many rules or whatever are in place.
In fact, having rules to start off with seems a crazy idea, rules and sex seems stupid.

Last edited by presidentsheep (2010-12-05 11:05:18)

I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
Unless you are fucking a random prostitute, it's hard to find someone whom you can have emotionless sex with. Unless such conditions are allowed by those in a relationship, then this would be cheating.

I believe it is possible to have extraneous sexual partners and still remain faithful to a partner, especially to a wife/wives.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2010-12-05 11:07:31)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6674|Disaster Free Zone

presidentsheep wrote:

Chou wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

cheating.
pretty much all human interaction with the opposite gender is based on sex... if you're in a relationship and start screwing other people its going to get complicated, no matter how many rules or whatever are in place.
In fact, having rules to start off with seems a crazy idea, rules and sex seems stupid.
I am confused by this post.

Also, I lol at FEOS.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD

CapnNismo wrote:

Yes, that is cheating.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
mikkel
+383|6594

presidentsheep wrote:

Chou wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

cheating.
So you're arguing for no restrictions on sex while in a relationship?
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5954|Places 'n such

DrunkFace wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

Chou wrote:

Also, I lol at FEOS.
If you dont want rules about not sticking your dick in things, dont get into a relationship.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685

presidentsheep wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

Also, I lol at FEOS.
If you dont want rules about not sticking your dick in things, dont get into a relationship.
Society maaaannn
FEOS
+1,182|6404|'Murka

mikkel wrote:

FEOS wrote:

It's pretty dense to dismiss the emotional commitment between two people merely because their take on sex differs from yours.
Ditto.

Some people link the physical and emotional aspects of the relationship inextricably. Thus, if you de-link them, you aren't in a "committed" relationship. It would seem you're just treating the other person as a physical prop at that point. Not exactly the thing "committed" relationships are made of, IMHBCO.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6614|London, England
It's only cheating if you don't tell them about it.
FEOS
+1,182|6404|'Murka

Quick quiz: What's the amount of time the people posting here have been in what they deem to be "committed" relationships? How many of those "committed" relationships have you been in?
― Albert Einstein

mikkel
+383|6594

FEOS wrote:

mikkel wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Ditto.

Some people link the physical and emotional aspects of the relationship inextricably. Thus, if you de-link them, you aren't in a "committed" relationship. It would seem you're just treating the other person as a physical prop at that point. Not exactly the thing "committed" relationships are made of, IMHBCO.
Ditto? Kindly point out how I'm dismissing anyone's commitment to their relationship.

Not only is it patently ridiculous for you to apply your own standards of morals and commitment to everyone, and judge accordingly, but it's without sense entirely to suggest that remaining emotionally committed in a relationship is tantamount to treating your significant other as a "physical prop." Unless you ignore the part about emotional commitment.

Last edited by mikkel (2010-12-05 11:31:07)

Benzin
+576|5991

DUnlimited wrote:

Quite obviously cheating unless "permitted" by partner. What's there to discuss about? You've slept with another and feel bad about it and want us to support you?
Read the story, chief. I never said anything about me cheating.

Found Mek's and mikkel's answers interesting, though. I'd likely agree with all of you, however, that it is cheating. Only in some special case (nothing really occurs to me at the moment) would it not be cheating.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5351|London, England

mikkel wrote:

It seems pretty straight-forward if you take a second to consider what being faithful actually is. If your actions abuse the faith that your spouse or significant other places in you to respect the terms of your relationship, then you're being unfaithful. If those terms explicitly permit you to have emotionally-detached sex with others, then you're good to go.
Emotionally-detached sex is an oxymoron.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5954|Places 'n such

CapnNismo wrote:

DUnlimited wrote:

Read the story, chief. I never said anything about me cheating.

Found Mek's and mikkel's answers interesting, though. I'd likely agree with all of you, however, that it is cheating. Only in some special case (nothing really occurs to me at the moment) would it not be cheating.
rape doesnt count. seems to be about it.
mikkel
+383|6594

JohnG@lt wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Emotionally-detached sex is an oxymoron.
More or less. I think it's fairly easy, however, to surmise what the OP means by emotional detachment.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard