Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6659|Tampa Bay Florida
Just started playing this game again.  Amazing how long the shelf life of this game is, played over 100 hours and still have a long way to go.  I'm still only half way through the main quest, haven't done the mages guild or dark brotherhood yet, still haven't done the Civil War.  I think I'm going to skip dawnguard but Dragonborn will probably add another 20 hours or so from what I've read.  Bethesda games <3.  The best video games are the ones where you can come back after months of not playing and just jump right in like no time has passed at all.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
dawnguards gud
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam
What the fuck is with this censoring? All I did was revitalize this thread, and don't tell me that Spearhead and Ted would make those post regardless of me bumping it with an obligatory Skyrim comment.

Dawnguard looked ok when it was first announced, but for what they're charging all you get is a small consolation price of the oh so amazing DLC we were promised. A small vampire area only worth a few hours of gameplay with crossbows (which had already been made by the modding community) and house decorating (a believe there were also similar mods to fulfill this very unnecessary role). Thanks Bethesda, your new MMO looks real promising!

Catherine Black
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

How do you bump a thread on a slow forum just a few days after the last post has been made, and then brag about "revitalizing" it when two posts unrelated to your comment are subsequently made? Get over yourself.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

How do you bump a thread on a slow forum just a few days after the last post has been made, and then brag about "revitalizing" it when two posts unrelated to your comment are subsequently made? Get over yourself.
Why would you remove a post on an already slow forum?
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6444|Foothills of S. Carolina

Anyone still playing this? If so, did you get the accidental Dawnguard download the other day? I started it up tonight and apparently now own Dawnguard, though it does not show in my steam dlc.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
So I bought the legendary edition off Steam. What mods do I use now?

I'm mostly looking for a casual and fun experience. Not hardcore into fantasy tbh.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

There are so many answers to that, I wouldn't know where to begin if asked to list them manually. There are guides on Steam and Google for customizing to your heart's desire. It all depends on what you want. A faithful package with bug fixes, better graphics, sounds, and interface? New quests and characters? Or do you want a sparkling rainbow unicorn to ride around Skyrim on?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Main mods I use were additional armor and weapons. And enhanced blood.

Others are:
Give vendors 10k gold
easy lockpicking cause I dislike it.
And highlighting of books you haven't read.

Got rid of a lot of mods because of crashing.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

A number of these mods actually have preview videos on Steam workshop. You can decide what you want off of those. The more mods you choose, the greater the chances you can run into compatibility problems. Here's the ones I currently have installed from the last time I played, and I'm pretty sure they all still work together:

Gameplay:
Convenient Horses
Faster Vanilla Horses
Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers
Dragon Priest Quest Markers
Unread Books Glow
Weightless Torches

Graphics:
Better Embers
Pure Weather - Darker Nights Edition
Pure Waters
A Quality World Map and Solstheim Map - With Roads [Multilingual] / Карта мира со всеми дорогами [RUS]

Audio:
Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization
Sounds of Skyrim - The Dungeons
Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds

It's by no means a complete selection. I believe I was also looking for some decent custom shop signs and improved textures, but then I got sidetracked with World of Tanks.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
oh yes. sounds of skyrim is great.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Is that a Simon & Garfunkel song?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard