Stimey
­
+786|6118|Ontario | Canada
https://getupstaydown.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/My_Beautiful_Dark_Twisted_Fantasy_Kanye_West_526x526.png

Album of the Decade?
Album of the Decade.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
troll of the day?
troll of the minute?
troll of the second?

no
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Stimey
­
not trolling
­
­
­
­
­
­
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK
Nah
Brasso
+1,549|6628

monster is alright

meh
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
erm how can you not be trolling? musical disaster
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6461|cuntshitlake

definitely. and lady gaga is the artist of the century
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Stimey
­
well its definitely not album of the decade but it is pretty good.
why all the hate?
­
­
­
­
­
­
Bevo
Nah
+718|6519|Austin, Texas
10.0 on pitchfork

lol'd
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
pitchfork rates lil wayne as some of the best music of all time too, though

it's that weird brand of american hipster that thinks shitty over-produced hip-hop adds badass 'cool whiteboy' points

im gonna listen to this tonight, anyway, apparently he samples avril 14th. that could be a rape-scene.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York

Uzique wrote:

pitchfork rates lil wayne as some of the best music of all time too, though
Really? That's odd, I haven't seen one of Lil' Wayne's albums rated above 9.0 on Pitchfork. I guess an 8.7 is "Best music of all time".

It's got a 98/100 on Metacritic right now. That's fucking fantastic. Even Rolling Stone gave it a 10/10.

I bought it yesterday (first album I'd bought in a while). While I did have most of the tracks (So Appalled, Monster, See Me Now, etc) for free from his G.O.O.D. Fridays promotion, the new and cleaner versions of them plus the new material makes it worth it. As for my own opinion, it's well worth the money. It's only $4 on Amazon right now as well for the regular edition.

The only song I don't like is "Gorgeous". Fucking Kid Cudi.

It's a fantastic album, but album of the decade? I'd probably put "Is This It" and "Turn On The Bright Lights" at the top. I'd place this in the top 20, but best of the decade? I don't think so.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

kanye sucks as an artist.  What talent he has is overshadowed by his unwavering braggart-douchebag-cum-wannabe-fashionista/hipster personality.  Overproduced, lacking any type of intellectually stimulating lyrics.  It shames me that anyone would pay Kanye a dime for his records.

Poseidon, you should honestly go back to listening to Aerosmith and other old-fart rock.  I can't take seriously a critique of a Kanye West album by you.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
erm poseidon an 8.7 for pitchfork's indie-street-cred system is extremely fucking high. lil'wayne's carter III was one of the highest rated albums that year. 98/100 on metacritic and rolling stone? rofl. all the high-brow music reviewers are really going nuts for it! of course kanye's album is going to get rave reviews, but that's because it's a pop-culture phenomenon more than anything. it's not the best album of the year. it's not even the best rap album of the year, as far as 'rap music' goes. it's just the fact that it's kanye, he's constantly creating good media-publicity, and he's a major celebrity personality. if you can't see why that would perhaps 'inflate' the hype and excitement around his music, then you're fucking retarded.

top 20 of the decade? jesus fucking christ do you even listen to music? you're always jumping to rate things you know nothing about.

Last edited by Uzique (2010-11-23 10:47:30)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Poseidon, you should honestly go back to listening to Aerosmith and other old-fart rock.  I can't take seriously a critique of a Kanye West album by you.
I know, listening to dubstep and drum and bass is for the cool people who know an infinite amount about all types of music.
yeah i saw the review on rolling stone.. so i dl and listened.. it's better than the last few (he's got rihanna and the whole gang in it) but im still not really into him.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Poseidon wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I know, listening to dubstep and drum and bass is for the cool people who know an infinite amount about all types of music.
What?  I haven't really followed dnb for about 7 years and since when do I traipse around here spouting off about dubstep.

Error, try again.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

What?  I haven't really followed dnb for about 7 years and since when do I traipse around here spouting off about dubstep.

Error, try again.
I'd love to know what music you herald as the greatest. Am I saying this album is one of the best of all time? Hell no. But considering this decade has been short on true, solid music... yes, I'd without a doubt consider it to be one of the top 20.

I'm just waiting you to come up with some bullshit band that's not popular at all, just to say you like them when really all it is is because they're not "popular". Yes, Kanye's one of the biggest music celebrities out their who draws attention to himself more than anyone. Yes he's a dickhead. And that's precisely what the album is about. The "jerk-offs that never take work off" that he's talking about in Runaway is him. All of his albums are essentially about him.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
poseidon what the fuck are you talking about

this decade has been short on true, solid music?

2000-2010 has without question been one of the most fertile, progressive and interesting decades for electronic music (as a wide umbrella)

so many new styles have developed, so many new ideas have been exchanged, and everything has cross-influenced and cross-referenced

it's been a fucking fantastic 10 years. stop talking.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
lol electronic music. Yeah, I wish I could over-analyze shitty club music too.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468

Poseidon wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

and i don't know what you're talking about. i listen to every genre of music. whereas you think you have a well rounded understanding of 'the last decade in music' because you suck the populist shit from the top of charts and from friend-recommendations. you don't know anything about music culture or the development of musical trends/styles. you're just the bottom-feeder. typical. dubstep and drum and bass is a tiny tiny facet of what has been happening in electronic music, and music generally, in the last 10 years.

honestly this is one thread you're just going to really fail in, so quit whilst you're not so far behind.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK

Poseidon wrote:

lol
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468

Poseidon wrote:

hahahahaha.

actually i write reviews professionally mostly for indie, instrumental, ambient and experimental music

electronic music = club music? you need to leave jersey shore you cultural fucking cumbag
Bevo
Nah
+718|6519|Austin, Texas

liquidat0r wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lol
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Uzique wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

and i don't know what you're talking about. i listen to every genre of music. whereas you think you have a well rounded understanding of 'the last decade in music' because you suck the populist shit from the top of charts and from friend-recommendations. you don't know anything about music culture or the development of musical trends/styles. you're just the bottom-feeder. typical. dubstep and drum and bass is a tiny tiny facet of what has been happening in electronic music, and music generally, in the last 10 years.

honestly this is one thread you're just going to really fail in, so quit whilst you're not so far behind.
Yeah, one genre of music (which is incredibly small compared to the big 3 of Rap, Rock and Pop) is the reason the music industry hasn't been abysmal the past 10 years.

The logic is astounding.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Poseidon wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Error, try again.
I'd love to know what music you herald as the greatest.
Greatest hip-hop-

Wu-Tang, 36 Chambers
Nas, Illmatic

Have fun dissecting that one.

By the way, I listen to all kinds of music (including old-fart classic rock). If you want a 'greatest' list for each genre, let me know.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard