Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6698

sup
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5424|London, England
https://img.bluenile.com/is/image/bluenile/-sapphire-diamond-engagement-ring-setting-/setting_template_main?$380_315$&$diam_shape=is{bluenile/main_RA_standard_125}&$diam_position=-25,-55&$ring_position=0,0&$ring_sku=is{bluenile/CM30400100_setmain}

FML. $8,765 for this POS.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6563

getting married?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

burnzz wrote:

getting married?
Soon. Just looking at rings right now. I promised my gf we'd be engaged by the end of the year and she asked me last night at dinner if I'd looked at rings yet. Le sigh. She has expensive taste.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6352|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

JohnG@lt wrote:

burnzz wrote:

getting married?
Soon. Just looking at rings right now. I promised my gf we'd be engaged by the end of the year and she asked me last night at dinner if I'd looked at rings yet. Le sigh. She has expensive taste.
Eh...

I was under the impression it should be a question asked by one person to the other, not something you gradually negotiate into
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
ghettoperson
+1,943|6715

Get her a CZ. She'll never know
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6563

find a loose stone (in 1/2 what you want to spend overall range) which would be 3/4 - 1 ct.

then, get her involved in the mount - i've found, while you don't save alot of $, you get her involved.

which is priceless in the long run . . .
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

ghettoperson wrote:

Get her a CZ. She'll never know
Yes she will. She's not ghetto trash
-Frederick Bastiat
ghettoperson
+1,943|6715

Pretty sure they're indistinguishable other than under a microscope.

EDIT: Never mind, I was thinking of moissanite.

Last edited by ghettoperson (2010-10-18 06:58:06)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FloppY_ wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

burnzz wrote:

getting married?
Eh...

I was under the impression it should be a question asked by one person to the other, not something you gradually negotiate into
Well, we've been together for over five years and lived together for 2 1/2 so it's not like it would be a surprise.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

ghettoperson wrote:

You don't understand Long Island girls... she'll run off and get it appraised.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

burnzz wrote:

find a loose stone (in 1/2 what you want to spend overall range) which would be 3/4 - 1 ct.

then, get her involved in the mount - i've found, while you don't save alot of $, you get her involved.

which is priceless in the long run . . .
I can see presenting her with a loose stone, but why so small? The one in that pic is 1.25 ct.
-Frederick Bastiat
FloppY_
­

JohnG@lt wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Eh...

Well, we've been together for over five years and lived together for 2 1/2 so it's not like it would be a surprise.
Hmm, depends on the couple I guess

I hope if/whenever I find one she will have sence enough not to value a ring over our feelings

I can find better things to spend a fat wad of cash on
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6065|Vortex Ring State

JohnG@lt wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

You don't understand Long Island girls... she'll run off and get it appraised.
pfff...

why might I ask.

It's not like your rolling in cash, am I right?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FloppY_ wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Eh...

I hope if/whenever I find one she will have sence enough not to value a ring over our feelings

Well, we've been to like 18 weddings over the past three years, all but two being her friends. She's been patient with me finishing school but now she's getting antsy. Her parents are wealthy, have wealthy friends, and she'll (meaning me) be judged based on how the ring looks. Yes, it's completely stupid but it is the way it is.
-Frederick Bastiat
ghettoperson
+1,943|6715

I always think the obsession with huge diamond rings is a little ridiculous. Not to mention a huge diamond looks tacky as fuck.
FloppY_
­

JohnG@lt wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Well, we've been to like 18 weddings over the past three years, all but two being her friends. She's been patient with me finishing school but now she's getting antsy. Her parents are wealthy, have wealthy friends, and she'll (meaning me) be judged based on how the ring looks. Yes, it's completely stupid but it is the way it is.
I allways found that silly... the "who's got the most expensive wedding" thing

Meh I guess it's girls beeing wierd as allways rite?

Just get one that looks expensive but is cheap? lolz
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

ghettoperson wrote:

I always think the obsession with huge diamond rings is a little ridiculous. Not to mention a huge diamond looks tacky as fuck.
I don't disagree. I didn't make the world. If I had my way we'd just be common-lawed
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FloppY_ wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

She'll never say it but she most definitely is in competition with her childhood best friend. We just went to her wedding two weeks ago and it was held at the country club they grew up at. The girls father probably dropped a half million on the stupid thing. Her dress alone cost $18k.

Edit - And she even had a second dress to change into at the reception to dance in

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-10-18 07:04:45)

-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля

JohnG@lt wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I don't disagree. I didn't make the world. If I had my way we'd just be common-lawed
I agree with ghetto.

If you want a good ring, make it a really shiny one.

So everybody knows your wife is married.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|5034|Dundee, Scotland.
I've been driving a mid-sized car, never hurt anyone.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
FloppY_
­

JohnG@lt wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

She'll never say it but she most definitely is in competition with her childhood best friend. We just went to her wedding two weeks ago and it was held at the country club they grew up at. The girls father probably dropped a half million on the stupid thing. Her dress alone cost $18k.

Edit - And she even had a second dress to change into at the reception to dance in
Ugh...

Trotskygrad
бля

FloppY_ wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Ugh...

rich people...

and they want flat taxes.
FloppY_
­

Trotskygrad wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ugh...

rich people...

and they want flat taxes.
I like our taxes...

Higher income people pay more taxes

Tho' I probably wouldn't say that if I was the higher now would I?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FloppY_ wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Ugh...

It was a cool wedding though

The ridiculous dress:
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs010.snc4/33847_10150283840470486_252886845485_15141165_2258869_n.jpg
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard