Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5709|College Park, MD

DBBrinson1 wrote:

People who have rallies to make fun of other people that have rallies are just lame.
Honestly, that's what I thought at first, but after hearing about how it went and seeing a lot of the signs etc I realize it was really just a gathering of the calm. Maybe the moderate. I consider myself somewhat middle-of-the-road but I wish I'd gone because honestly, there are a lot of knuckledraggers on both sides of the aisle who are ruining things for the rest of us.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5593

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

People who have rallies to make fun of other people that have rallies are just lame.
Honestly, that's what I thought at first, but after hearing about how it went and seeing a lot of the signs etc I realize it was really just a gathering of the calm. Maybe the moderate..
The fact Huffington Post sponsored bus rides, and pushed it as a response to the Beck/Fox News kinda negates the whole point.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/3 … 76540.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/
Ariana Huffington is the Glen Beck of the left. This whole thing is crap.

One of the comments on HP's puts it pretty well-

terroh8er wrote:

You know, from reading comments here and other places, it seems that the message has really passed some people by. Without having seen the video of the rally yet, most comments suggest that "liberalism = sane," while "conservatism = insane, BAD." Sure, Fox News is a terrible source for unbiased news, but the message was to fight extremism on both sides. Unfortunately, the far left appeared to join moderates (and vice versa) at this rally, not realizing that they are part of the problem, too. If moderates don't equally condemn the far left's rhetoric, you can't expect it to be remembered as anything but a "left vs. right" thing.

I like both Stewart and Colbert. I also think that this rally probably did some good to some people. But if you want to take the message to heart, learn a bit about [traditional] conservative philosophy. If you don't see the merit in it, then you were not open minded enough. The philosophies of both the left and right are equally valid in their purest form.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5593

Just a taste from the HP photo dump of the rally.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/3 … ml#s169304
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom
hey called out oblermann and carville and msnbc.  try again
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom

Macbeth wrote:

Rallies are still stupid.
thats good for you.  I think people that feel the need to let the entire room know just how different they are than the rest of them should start on a moderate regime of anti depressents.   We get it macbeth, you are soooooooooooooooooo not mainstream.  lol.
Tu Stultus Es
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6478
eleven bravo is on point
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5365|London, England

eleven bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

thats good for you.  I think people that feel the need to let the entire room know just how different they are than the rest of them should start on a moderate regime of anti depressents.   We get it macbeth, you are soooooooooooooooooo not mainstream.  lol.
I find people that go out of their way to conform and fit in to be 10000000x worse. That kind of attitude coming from you is pretty ironic considering how much you disliked being in the army.

There's a distinct difference between striving to be non-mainstream and just not giving a fuck. I think Macbeth falls under the latter category.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
jord
+2,382|6685|The North, beyond the wall.

JohnG@lt wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I find people that go out of their way to conform and fit in to be 10000000x worse. That kind of attitude coming from you is pretty ironic considering how much you disliked being in the army.

There's a distinct difference between striving to be non-mainstream and just not giving a fuck. I think Macbeth falls under the latter category.
I don't.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5244|Cleveland, Ohio

jord wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

I don't.
ya but youre an apathetic pot smoking chav
jord

11 Bravo wrote:

jord wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I don't.
ya but youre an apathetic pot smoking chav
I don't know why you're hung up on the pot smoking thing, did you have like a friend at school die in some sort of horrific pot smoking accident or something? I haven't smoked for like a month now, unfortunately.

I am indeed apathetic though, "meh".
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6418|'Murka

Caught a snippet of Stewart's address while I was in the DFW airport yesterday. It seemed to focus on the concept that journalists and others need to realize that labels are something that must be earned by action, not gained simply by affiliation with a particular group. I thought "If the rest of this rally is of the same tone/theme, it should be simulcast on every media outlet/channel available, so that the knuckleheads out there who are driving this nonsense (the media) can't get away from it."

He used epithets applicable to the right and the left as he made his case, showing both sides were losing their minds here.

I doubt the message was recieved, though.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom

JohnG@lt wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

i think you and macbeth are two peas in a pod you pog peice of shit.
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
pog lol
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5709|College Park, MD

eleven bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

nigga when yo flight iz?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
jord
Chav lol
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

eleven bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

That's nice. And you've become generic clueless California liberal.

There isn't anything special or unique about you which is why I'm sure you love reveling in mediocrity. If everyone is lame, you'll fit right in.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-10-31 08:56:17)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
tuckergustav
+1,590|5921|...

There is no such thing as an "original" person...we are all just regurgitating thoughts and ideas that have been spewed by every generation before us.  It is part of the process.  It seems so pointless and redundant to go through this over and over....

/wrists
11 Bravo
Banned

tuckergustav wrote:

There is no such thing as an "original" person...we are all just regurgitating thoughts and ideas that have been spewed by every generation before us.  It is part of the process.  It seems so pointless and redundant to go through this over and over....

/wrists
hello?  thats dst.  derp.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5921|...

oh yeah...  ha    ha

No wonder it was so depressing.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom
I disagree with you in a very passionate way...

edited by Tucker:  Chill out GS
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

tuckergustav wrote:

/wrists
This is such a damn copout. And where did those thoughts originate? Surely someone somewhere had a unique thought in human history. Don't blame your utter lack of having anything interesting to say on something as stupid as 'we can't be unique, why try'. You may be a boring person. Not everyone is.
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

nigga when yo flight iz?
im in north carolina now at the airport waiting
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

eleven bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

nigga when yo flight iz?
I would say 'hope your plane crashes' but that wouldn't be very nice or original.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

eleven bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

nigga when yo flight iz?
sorry to hear that
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom
lol. I hope it doesnt.
Tu Stultus Es

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard