mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

I was originally going to say I want to be more future-proof by upgrading the mobo and getting an i7 or whatever, but then I realized the Q9550 is probably future-proof enough. [I'm used to going ~3 years without upgrades and then get a whole new computer]. And now that I think of it, should be getting a little bonus from work in a week or two because I'm such a guy, so the initial sarcasm/joking of having to buy a new processor might be a reality. [Or I could just hold off and get a whole new kickass computer over the holidays]
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5786|Catherine Black
Q9550 is more than enough, unless you're a benchmark whore. It'll do you good for another couple years.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

9650: $55 more, 0.17 GHz more, 100 ... somethings more. ?????

Also, apologies for the derail, but this thread wasn't really going anywhere anyway
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5786|Catherine Black
Cache?

Not worth it really. Just get the 9550.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
BVC
+325|6693
Q9550 should be fine for gaming for a couple of years to come.  If you want to get a new CPU/mobo, wait until AM3+ is out and evaluate your position then.

I just got ten motion mine pins on Nelson Bay(?) defending on rush at the first set of mcoms (the factory) at the upstairs mcom.  1000 points from the pins, minimum of 500 from the actual mine assists, this also got me best player (200 more), and helped my squad get gold squad (200 more each).  Thats 1900 minimum just because of motion mine whoring.  I actually got around 3000 as some of the assists were squad assists, plus there was a little bit of VSS/grenade whoring in there too.  That is also something wrong about this game, though its more to do with the fact that I was the only one dropping the damned things

Last edited by Pubic (2010-10-09 00:51:27)

Vector
Missing in Action
+6|5534|Cerbere Landing

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

I absolutely love the  "Does it suck...or do you suck?" question. It's usually asked by people who can use the best gun in the game against me while i use the worst gun no one uses and they still die.
You've inspired me to play with some crappy weapons and 0wn face. I'll let you know how it goes. I was only kidding about that anyway.

Gameplay-wise, had an ok time. So many shithead snipers out there who do absolutely fuck-all. I didn't get CG'd left and right though
I had a good chuckle at this... it's so true. I'll be happy when Uncle Carl gets a nerf and the AT4 gets a buff. =P

BF2
You guys are starting to make me feel like playing BF2 again. Stop it!

VSS
If you like the VSS in Hardcore, try using the SVU at a slightly longer distance. I got called an "SVU noob" by two different people. Whatever that means.

Last edited by Vector (2010-10-09 11:48:55)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51
VSS
If you like the VSS in Hardcore, try using the SVU at a slightly longer distance. I got called an "SVU noob" by two different people. Whatever that means.
It means you are new to the SVU. Wait, that doesn't make any sense . Internetz peoplez and their shitty talk.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6652
The SVU is literally the saving grace of the whole recon kit for me.  That gun with a red dot scope is the shiiiiiiiitttttttttt.

And what's with all the stupid "noobs only" servers that ban players higher than, say, level 25?  It takes like 2 fucking weeks to reach that level, I'm glad that 1/4 of the servers that are full and ping well on my list right now are coddling a bunch of d-bags while I search in vain for a decent server.

/rage off.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

The SVU is literally the saving grace of the whole recon kit for me.  That gun with a red dot scope is the shiiiiiiiitttttttttt.

And what's with all the stupid "noobs only" servers that ban players higher than, say, level 25?  It takes like 2 fucking weeks to reach that level, I'm glad that 1/4 of the servers that are full and ping well on my list right now are coddling a bunch of d-bags while I search in vain for a decent server.

/rage off.
I noticed that, too. Really stupid and annoying. I guess admins are sick of getting their asses handed to them.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6807|Marathon, Florida Keys

XxOiLsP1lLxX wrote:

Just logged in for first time in mega yonks.

Nice to see the old guard still going. .

TOP 4 EVER.
hahahhahahaha

i remember you.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5682|SQUID
The VSS is incomparable to any other "sniper rifle" in HC.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard