bslapper
+7|6693|Auckland New Zealand
Gotta say what a load of  BOLLOCKS
first of all, how do u get punished for killing a person in other team, i shot a guy once and he punished me i thought ok my bad, So 3 mins later i spot him again RED so i tab and he was in other Team so i kill him only to get punished again?
2nd ok they have made some weopans more accurate butWHy cant the erex take out a humvee or Car in 1 shot  as ofr the new anti tank gun its suk major ass
3nd Whats wth all the Damm lag
4th Only played Karkland cant wait for other maps  lol
Rutnab
+15|6693
hey but at least you can pick up claymores now
and anti tank gets a totally kickass new unlock
and now you cant jump and prone
and grenade launchers cant be fired at close range anymore

oh wait
CrazeD
+368|6719|Maine

Rutnab wrote:

oh wait
Actually you can't pick up claymores, or C4. If you can I haven't figured it out yet. The pickup kit button doesn't work.
bslapper
+7|6693|Auckland New Zealand
Umm did u say the new anti tank rocks  ITs hopeless
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6766|California

CrazeD wrote:

Rutnab wrote:

oh wait
Actually you can't pick up claymores, or C4. If you can I haven't figured it out yet. The pickup kit button doesn't work.
he was being sarcastic
CrazeD
+368|6719|Maine

stryyker wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Rutnab wrote:

oh wait
he was being sarcastic
Oh.. didn't catch that at first.
Bingo
was his name-o
+0|6750|SE Pennsylvania
Yeah, we have a 10-page-long thread just to say how badly the patch sucks.
Metallica-66
+0|6695|USA

bslapper wrote:

Gotta say what a load of  BOLLOCKS
first of all, how do u get punished for killing a person in other team, i shot a guy once and he punished me i thought ok my bad, So 3 mins later i spot him again RED so i tab and he was in other Team so i kill him only to get punished again?
That problem exists with the previous patch.
Sinyukov
+4|6757
I am completely with you guys. Personally I think this patch has taken a game that was somewhat close to real combat simulation and took so far away that you will not be able to catch flying a damn concorde.

My first and foremost concern is the accuracy of the weapons. While I am glad they decided to change it, I think they went way to far with it. I mean I was playing sniper on Karkand and I got one-shot sniped with G3, MG36, MP5, and AK101 numerous amounts of time. What kind of bullshit is that? What is the point of having snipers if any other weapon can act like it?

My second concern is the fact that they took out the how the n00bs call it "Bunny-hopping"? What a rediculous term. (Anyway before starting to flame me on this read and understand exactly what I have to say on this matter). In order to significantly decrease "bunny-hopping" I would have proposed something along the lines of playing with a code and significantly lowering the accuracy while jumping. Also what would decrease jumping would be the fact that it now takes 2 at most 3 jumps until your stamina runs out and then you are fucked so most of the people would either try to save their stamina as they know they will not be able to kill their enemy in two jumps or they would use it already running into battle which would make them fight on the ground. Now "bunny hopping is the best at close range combat (i.e. inside alleys in Karkand) the reason for that is now AT and Engineer class PWNS everyone and everything in those alleys with their DAO-12 and Jackhammer weapons. Plus the simple fact is that in real like (like this game pretends to be) you can jump and shoot at the same time, although you will hit jack-shit at the range of 10 feet or more but "bunny-hopping" in real world is still possible.
Dolphin Diving on the other hand I would completely agree with being taken out.

Third is the ranks. According to EA in order to become Brigadier General you need to have all expert vehicle badges (AT, Aviator, Armor, Helicopter, AA) In order to do that you need to spend well over 1000 hours just in vehicles. That means that you need to be playing this game for roughly 2500 hours. Which I think is totaly rediculous. Plus what about people who do not use Armor? or Air units? They have no chance in hell? Basically what they are doing is encouraging Vehicle whoring which will eventually lead to tking for vehicles and a lot of reset accounts. What I would propose is instead of badges why don't they combine badges, ribbons and medals together. Something like Expert Command badge, all officer ribbons (valorous unit, staff officer etc.), distinguished service medal and all countries medals (Navy Cross, Golden Scimitar, People's Medalion). That would at least encourage people to stay on one team at the end of the round instead of switching and making the game 50 vs. 10 in the first 5 mins.

And fourth is of course the Noob-Tube. (Another hilarious term). Lets start from the begining. What is a Noob-tube? It is a simple grenade launcher designed to replace grenades for Assault in the game. Now people have taken advantage of them by using them at close range which did not bother me personally but some "n00bs" that apperantly lacked imagination on how to escape them decided to bitch and moan about how unbalanced they are to EA/DICE. What do they do? They listen and change them. But by doing that they actually made them stronger then before and Dumbass protected. Let me explain what I mean.
Nade launchers can now bounce of walls which makes them deadlier because if before you could hide on the side and not be worried what you will get hit while reloading, now you have to run god knows where just not to get hit with them.  Now by Dumbass protected I mean that you will see less b00b suicidals from nade launchers because they can no longer shoot down to their feet which was possible pre-1.12. So now basically any Private can take an AK or and M203 and noob-tube away without any skill whatsoever. Yes I know at this point you will think to yourself what skill? WTF is he talking about? If you would have/had tried it pre-1.12 you would know exactly what I mean. Not alot but skill was required in using launchers. Also  pre-patch these launchers were able to take out APCs with 5 shots or so. Now you need at least 10 because EA went and decided to lower the explosion field. That takes the purpose way from these launchers which originally were supposed to serve as grenade replacements in assault kit.

Fifth and final so far is pistol ajustment. They have adjusted every weapon in the game but what about pistols? They are so useless now I don't even know who I am even going to get to 500 kills let alone get 18 in a round. Before patch I could atleast snipe medics and assault from hills now with their accuracy improved pistol with its 5 shots to kill is completely useless.

These are the five topics that I completely disagree with in this patch. I haven't played other maps yet so I will post my likes/dislikes to other topics when I get to them.
ozzie_johnson
+98|6704|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
im on 45,000 why havent i been promoted yet
mauirixxx
+1|6722|Kihei, Maui (hawaii yo!)
what the heck do you mean the pistols are useless? I tried for my basic pistol (twice, the EA server crashed and didn't apply my acheivement) and got it with relative ease both times. Granted, I don't care much for the silenced pistols, though they're still VERY effective when combined with the Sniper rifle (tag the enemry with the rifle, then switch to pistol to finish them off). When I'm anti-tank I use the DAO-12, though for long range kills I ..... switch to pistol! I only need like 14 more kills for the 2nd level pistol award so I should get that pretty soon. There's nothing more satisfying then pistoling someone in the face while they're trying to PKM you

And I met a player last night who was just ... leet ... with the grenade launcher from a distance. He loved the changes to the GL, as it better suited his play style (lol GL sniper!)

You know what I realized I hate? I just found out you can't be in the middle of a reload, jump off a building, and deploy a chute. You just go SPLAT.
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6824
pistols are not bad, they are fine the way they are, you need the same 2 headshot that you need with a carbine and even some assault rifles to kill someone.
if you kill at least one person per round, 500 kills won't be that hard, and the 18 kill IAR is hard but that's why is called EXPERT pistol badge

Last edited by maton (2006-02-20 14:41:00)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard