Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
The Irish sided with the Germans when they had absolutely no real need to.
Go discuss that with your Irish pals.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Pug wrote:

lowing wrote:

You have a defense pact with the US because WE won...As I said, Norway history is that of the path of least resistance.  You should feel provoked, but not because I am wrong, but because you need to come to grips with your country' actions and alliances. In other words, you would have no problem engaging in a "defense pact" with the 3rd Reich. Or was there another reason you fought along side Nazi Germany as well as the Allies? Wasn't sure who was going ot win?
Ok, lets go back to the original quote.

Fought for the Germans because the Germans installed a puppet government.

Fought for the Allies at the same time.

So, by your definition, the German puppet government was REALLY Norway?

nope, the NORWEGIANS that fought for Germany were really NORWEGIANS.  and as I said, they fought for both sides, and even more for Germany.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

I have always loved the argument.............."Well they did it tooo", to justify your actions, my son when he was 5 tried that one as well.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

Dilbert_X wrote:

What?...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_neut … rld_War_II
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6544|Texas - Bigger than France

lowing wrote:

Pug wrote:

lowing wrote:

You have a defense pact with the US because WE won...As I said, Norway history is that of the path of least resistance.  You should feel provoked, but not because I am wrong, but because you need to come to grips with your country' actions and alliances. In other words, you would have no problem engaging in a "defense pact" with the 3rd Reich. Or was there another reason you fought along side Nazi Germany as well as the Allies? Wasn't sure who was going ot win?

nope, the NORWEGIANS that fought for Germany were really NORWEGIANS.  and as I said, they fought for both sides, and even more for Germany.
"In other words, you would have no problem engaging a "defense pact" with the 3rd Reich".

(A defense pact requires the government to be a different entity, not a puppet government)

"Wasn't sure who was going to win?"

(Well, explain to me how the puppet government is legitimate, and we'll talk)

You are reaching.

Germans invaded with 120,000
Norway defended with 60,000

Germans won, installed puppet government. 

New army formed was 15,000 of a population of 3 million.  Aka, the die hard Germany lovers.

According to the article you linked. 80,000 fled the country.  And 28,000 served in the services on the side of the Allies, including liberating Finland.  But lets focus on the 15,000 and the "legitimate" puppet government.

You have a twisted mind.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina
I think a force of 15,000 is forgivable given Norway's responsibility for sabotaging nuclear research for Germans.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Pug wrote:

lowing wrote:

Pug wrote:

"In other words, you would have no problem engaging a "defense pact" with the 3rd Reich".

(A defense pact requires the government to be a different entity, not a puppet government)

"Wasn't sure who was going to win?"

(Well, explain to me how the puppet government is legitimate, and we'll talk)

You are reaching.

Germans invaded with 120,000
Norway defended with 60,000

Germans won, installed puppet government. 

New army formed was 15,000 of a population of 3 million.  Aka, the die hard Germany lovers.

According to the article you linked. 80,000 fled the country.  And 28,000 served in the services on the side of the Allies, including liberating Finland.  But lets focus on the 15,000 and the "legitimate" puppet government.

You have a twisted mind.
and out of your numbers, ONLY 11,000 fought for the allies...
but it was a NEW army now wasn't it?
15,000 fought for germany
11,000 fought for allies..

I said they fought for both sides.......Anything I said not true?
If anyone is trying to twist shit, it is you
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
lowing, give the fuck up. You're wrong, just let it go.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Turquoise wrote:

I think a force of 15,000 is forgivable given Norway's responsibility for sabotaging nuclear research for Germans.
lol, not sure Norway is looking for forgiveness. It is what it is....Germany invasded, Norway surrendered ( a common theme in Europe) and some Noregiand decided that if ya can't beat them join them ( path of least resistance)....They didn't simply join the ranks of the Germans, they built their OWN axis army.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

I am? Are you rally going to argue that Nrway did not fight for both sides? Are you really going to argue that the Norweigans DID NOT put togather an army to support Germany against the allies?  Oh well. Can't argue against denial I guess.

Last edited by lowing (2010-08-18 08:57:30)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

wow, this thread strayed from the topic. i was trying to get a handle on the economics, and then WWII broke out . . .
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

burnzz wrote:

wow, this thread strayed from the topic. i was trying to get a handle on the economics, and then WWII broke out . . .
Varegg started again about how we all need to be like Norway economically because not being involved works for them, so it should work for everyone..
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
lowing you really are the worst kind of anti-europe, pro-american patroit
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Uzique wrote:

lowing you really are the worst kind of anti-europe, pro-american patroit
balances out against the anti-American membership doesn't it?

Last edited by lowing (2010-08-18 08:56:46)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I am? Are you rally going to argue that Nrway did not fight for both sides? Are you really going to argue that the Norweigans put togather an army to support Germany against the allies?  Oh well. Can't argue against denial I guess.
EVERY FUCKING COUNTRY IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND THAT HAS BEEN CONQUERED HAS BUILT AN ARMY TO AID IT'S NEW RULERS! EVERY FUCKING COUNTRY HAS DONE SO BECAUSE IF THEY DIDN'T THEY WOULD FACE RETRIBUTION. HOW FUCKING DIFFICULT IS THIS CONCEPT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND? THEY'RE CALLED COLLABORATORS AND EVERY FUCKING CONFLICT HAS HAD THEM. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST KILL YOURSELF YOU STUBBORN IGNORANT ASS.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
what about all those pro-royalist 'collaborators' during the american civil war... all those american civilians that had english interests, whether it be in land, property or other forms of capital... or simply family loyalties. bunch of cowards, eh. EH! EH! EH!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I am? Are you rally going to argue that Nrway did not fight for both sides? Are you really going to argue that the Norweigans put togather an army to support Germany against the allies?  Oh well. Can't argue against denial I guess.
EVERY FUCKING COUNTRY IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND THAT HAS BEEN CONQUERED HAS BUILT AN ARMY TO AID IT'S NEW RULERS! EVERY FUCKING COUNTRY HAS DONE SO BECAUSE IF THEY DIDN'T THEY WOULD FACE RETRIBUTION. HOW FUCKING DIFFICULT IS THIS CONCEPT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND? THEY'RE CALLED COLLABORATORS AND EVERY FUCKING CONFLICT HAS HAD THEM. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST KILL YOURSELF YOU STUBBORN IGNORANT ASS.
Really? As much as I hate France, did France, after being conquered, build a FRENCH fucking army to fight against the allies? Did Poland, after being conquered, build a POLISH army against the allies? so much for that theory.

Goes a little bit farther than being a mere collaborator.

Last edited by lowing (2010-08-18 09:04:03)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Uzique wrote:

what about all those pro-royalist 'collaborators' during the american civil war... all those american civilians that had english interests, whether it be in land, property or other forms of capital... or simply family loyalties. bunch of cowards, eh. EH! EH! EH!
ummmmmm you mean the revolutionary war? what of them? THEY WERE ENGLISH not Americans.....If there were any traitors it would be those that broke from the crown.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

Really? As much as I hate France, did France, after being conquered, build a FRENCH fucking army to fight against the allies? Did Poland, after being conquered, build a POLISH army against the allies? so much for that theory.

Yes, Vichy France did, and fought the Americans when they landed in North Africa.

Many of the soldiers that were sitting on the beaches on D-Day in France were Polish or Ukrainian.
-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Yes, Vichy France did, and fought the Americans when they landed in North Africa.

Many of the soldiers that were sitting on the beaches on D-Day in France were Polish or Ukrainian.
hmmmm, so what you are saying is that Norway is not alone in fighting for Germany....Sad really.
As much as you would like it to, ADDING European countries that surrendered to germany and then fought against their own liberation, does little to bolster your argument that Norway didn't...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

hmmmm, so what you are saying is that Norway is not alone in fighting for Germany....Sad really.
As much as you would like it to, ADDING European countries that surrendered to germany and then fought against their own liberation, does little to bolster your argument that Norway didn't...
Oh my fucking god. Do you understand that there is a vast difference between troops that volunteered to fight for Germany (and there were many Americans that did prior to 1941) and those that were conscripted? Germany had a gun barrel pointed at these governments and if they failed to do as ordered they faced a repeated invasion? The Gestapo was running rampant in every single one of these countries and would've toppled (again) any government that refused to do its bidding.

You think we're unique? If we had been conquered we would've sent troops to fight with them as well. You really are as dumb as a fence post and your ignorance of history makes you just that much more stupid. Read a fucking book instead of watching tv.
-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Oh my fucking god. Do you understand that there is a vast difference between troops that volunteered to fight for Germany (and there were many Americans that did prior to 1941) and those that were conscripted? Germany had a gun barrel pointed at these governments and if they failed to do as ordered they faced a repeated invasion? The Gestapo was running rampant in every single one of these countries and would've toppled (again) any government that refused to do its bidding.

You think we're unique? If we had been conquered we would've sent troops to fight with them as well. You really are as dumb as a fence post and your ignorance of history makes you just that much more stupid. Read a fucking book instead of watching tv.
This does not take away form the fact of what I said, NORWAY built an army against the allies.......What you offer are excuses as to why, at least you are past the denial stage.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

This does not take away form the fact of what I said, NORWAY built an army against the allies.......What you offer are excuses as to why, at least you are past the denial stage.
This, right here, is the last time I ever respond to you in any thread.
-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

lowing wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

This, right here, is the last time I ever respond to you in any thread.
Sorry ya feel that way.

I don't care if you respond...........As long as I know you are reading what I post, I am fine.

I it funny how you throw a tantrum, insult my intelligence, , then say YOU are no longer going to talk to ME. irony.

Last edited by lowing (2010-08-18 09:49:39)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6499

lol. [sorry, off topic and not contributing, i know - i was trying to catch up on the thread, and the replies kept coming faster than i could turn the page . . .]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard