blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6778
London taxis, with their friendly drivers who actually know where they are going, are ranked best in the world, according to an annual taxi poll.The survey by travel website hotels.com found London taxis, despite being the most expensive, beat rivals across the globe to head the list for the third consecutive year, scoring a total of 59 percent in votes on several categories by travelers.London taxi drivers were voted both friendliest and most knowledgeable. Drivers in the English capital must pass a rigorous examination called The Knowledge to earn their taxi license.

New York’s yellow taxis came second in the list, scoring 27 percent which was up 10 percentage points from last year even though Manhattan’s cab drivers tied with Parisian taxi drivers as the rudest.Travelers said New York had the most available taxis.Cabbies in Rome were voted the worst drivers in the world with almost one in 10 travelers thinking the Italian capital had the world’s worst taxi drivers when it came to the quality of driving.“Traveling by taxi is one of the first experiences that many travelers have upon arrival in a new city. In fact, the research found that cabs are by far the most popular method of traveling from the airport to their hotel,” a spokesman for hotels.com said in a statement.

The global poll scored city based taxis for their levels of cleanliness, value, quality of driving, knowledge of the area, friendliness, safety and availability.Rounding out the top five were Tokyo with a total score of 26 percent, Berlin with 17 percent, and Bangkok famed for its tuk-tuks scoring 14 percent.Madrid’s taxis were ranked sixth in the poll, followed by Copenhagen and Dublin with 11 percent and Frankfurt and Paris with 10 percent.Taxis in Sydney fell short of the top 10, scoring badly in the areas of value for money, availability and knowledge of the area.

source
yeah here in Chicago they said 20% of the tax drivers are from South Asia, plus a lot of them are doctors, engineers, scientists, accountants and economists driving taxis in more  than in any other US city. By 1990 34% were foreign born by 200 59% were foreign born.
mikkel
+383|6734
I'm surprised that Copenhagen isn't ranked higher. This, or similar, is usually what you'll find yourself in. Other cities seem unimpressive compared.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6477
I´d like to see the actual results.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5883|شمال

Sisco wrote:

I´d like to see the actual results.
yes, a list plz
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
ghettoperson
+1,943|6782

Tell that to my mate who sat in the back of one that was covered in piss.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5921|Catherine Black

blademaster wrote:

By 1990 34% were foreign born by 200 59% were foreign born.
We went back in time? D:
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6607|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Taxis huh?

In my experience

-Swedes (aka Türkish drivers) cheat your pants off but they're polite and manage small talk.
-Czechs try to rip you off too, but they offer something to read (a completely laminated issue of hookers to choose from) and recommend places
-UK. Your basic trustworthy driver. Nothing to complain about so far.
-N.Y. cabbies basically shut up and drive. Last one should've tried listening tho. Said the hotel name and even added the word Hotel. He repeated the name and I said yeah. So he started to drive us to some park. Then he got mad at me for not telling him properly where to drive. Prick.
-Canary isles cabbies are fast and effective.
-Amsterdam cabbies seem to know their business.
-Beijing riksa drivers have the tendency to not take you directly to the hotel door, but to stop at a distance and demand too much. But when the guys at the door see the ruckus, you might get a free ride when the local Lance Armstrong scoots away with his old Nishiki.
-Finnish drivers tend to take it personally when you puke on the floor.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6782

Vegas cabbies are about 70, wear cowboy hats, drink from hipflasks and use lasers to fuck with tourists cameras.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5887|Roma
not surpirsed the italian cabs are last.
They are assholes. They all drive to fast, drive like lunatics, the rides are uncomfortable, the cars are basically about to break down, they talk on their phones loudly but one thing is they talk to you alot if you start a conversation.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2010-08-09 03:58:56)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6908|Noizyland

Buenos Aires taxi drivers score last on my list. Even though I've had two good taxi drivers in the city and one average one it was ruined by the cunt who nicked over $150US from me. Twat.

Taxi drivers from Lima are pretty bad too. They may know where they're going but fuck me they drive like psychopaths.

Taxis in NZ are far too expensive to be good, although they are reliable and the drivers are friendly and know where they're going.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
SamTheMan
­
+341|5275|Stoke, England

ghettoperson wrote:

Tell that to my mate who sat in the back of one that was covered in piss.
lol
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6711|Columbus, OH

ghettoperson wrote:

Vegas cabbies are about 70, wear cowboy hats, drink from hipflasks and use lasers to fuck with tourists cameras.
I was late for my (outbound) flight, I told the Vegas cabbie to step on it but he went the speed limit....missed my flight....I blame him not my 12 hour alcohol-rage fueled fun, never mind I could of had the hotel give me a wake up call....it's his fault!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6782

loubot wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I was late for my (outbound) flight, I told the Vegas cabbie to step on it but he went the speed limit....missed my flight....I blame him not my 12 hour alcohol-rage fueled fun, never mind I could of had the hotel give me a wake up call....it's his fault!
That's why you tip him a 20 when you get in.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6711|Columbus, OH
ah, is that so
jord
+2,382|6811|The North, beyond the wall.
Be pretty shit if you were still late after giving him a 20.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6782

Well, if you were hoping to get there very quickly. I'd imagine that at best he'd only be able to get you there a couple of minutes earlier though so you'd probably still be screwed.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6711|Columbus, OH
By the time I got to the gate, my plane was pulling away from the terminal. If I had 5 more minutes, I could of made it.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6782

Could have gotten lucky I guess. But 5 minutes on a 15 minute journey is tough.
SamTheMan
­
+341|5275|Stoke, England
or just get the taxi earlier
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6971|A Small Isle in the Tropics

A london cab got me from King's Cross Station to Heathrow airport in 50 minutes, boarding the taxi at 855pm and reaching the airport just before my airline counter closed. So, yeah, they are among the best.. and this was the only time where I saw a london cab overtook a Porsche
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6715|SE London

mikeshw wrote:

A london cab got me from King's Cross Station to Heathrow airport in 50 minutes, boarding the taxi at 855pm and reaching the airport just before my airline counter closed. So, yeah, they are among the best.. and this was the only time where I saw a london cab overtook a Porsche
You think 50 mins from Kings Cross to Heathrow is good?

That's pretty slow for that time in the evening if you ask me.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6633|so randum
belfast taxis best taxis. driving down the shankill road and the taxi driver waves at these skinheads outside a shop. then he asked me where i was from

bricks were shit.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Megalomania
+4|5142|Iceland
Obviously they didn't try Icelandic ones, cars are always clean and safe, odds are its a Mercedes Benz that your stepping into and the car never costs below $15.000. And if you start talking they talk back, they dont start convos too often. But they are not a cheap service I tell ya.

The fact that the USA come 2nd (ive taken loads of cabs in the states and some of these cars are is shit condition) shows how awful this survey is.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6971|A Small Isle in the Tropics

Bertster7 wrote:

mikeshw wrote:

You think 50 mins from Kings Cross to Heathrow is good?

That's pretty slow for that time in the evening if you ask me.
What do i know? I am just the freaking tourist...but he did insist the journey would take 1.5hrs..and people that I spoke to said 50minutes was fast by any measure
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6760|UK
I don't think I've ever got a London cab

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard