Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6438|The Land of Scott Walker
I support this ... how bout you?  Market Garden and Bocage would be so much fun!
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

approved
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5501|America
Anything more than the 5 or so maps they have would be great tbh.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

I would not even mind ....

... a remake of Karkand
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6374|the land of bourbon
omgwtf ban urself

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
OmniDeath
~
+726|6636

jsnipy wrote:

... a remake of Karkand
Karkand with destructible environments would be pretty sweet...
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6736|Reality

OmniDeath wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

... a remake of Karkand
especially with nade spammers
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5897|CA

jsnipy wrote:

... a remake of Karkand
Like Arica Harbor (city portion, obviously) but based off Karkand's layout - could be fun.

Some actual "new" maps and not new modes for the same maps would be welcomed.  Even if they're remakes from past BF games - as long as they're released as free DLC you'll hear no complaints from me.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2010-07-29 23:30:22)

DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6650|Birmingham

OmniDeath wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

... a remake of Karkand
This...
pace51
Boom?
+194|5166|Markham, Ontario

OmniDeath wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

... a remake of Karkand
Karkand with destructible environments would probably take out all the faults... no more selfish snipers or stat padders hiding on buildings!
BVC
+325|6688
El Alamein
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

Pubic wrote:

El Alamein
nice.

iwo jima
CC-Marley
+407|6821
Hate BC2. Love 1942.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6431|King Of The Islands

Pubic wrote:

El Alamein
Too small.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Vector
Missing in Action
+6|5528|Cerbere Landing

Stingray24 wrote:

Market Garden and Bocage
Never heard of them.

I do support all old maps (or at least the fun ones) in whatever the latest Battlefield game is.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6438|The Land of Scott Walker
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
Karkov please
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

Vector wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Market Garden and Bocage
Never heard of them.
i sometimes forget, that not everyone on this forum has played bf1942. i don't feel bad, i just forget.
BVC
+325|6688
Phillipines could be interesting.  You probably wouldn't be able to have the naval component (no more shooting down planes with destroyer cannons ) but actually being able to have a jungle instead of a single tree here and there would be good.  Enough urban bits for destruction goodness too.
Devastator
+3|4933|Scotland
Midway ? oh no wait, new BF games dont support naval warfare ...damn !

well in that case El Alamein would be epic ! the biggest map ever, well at the time it seemed to me.
it would play the same way as Highway Tampa has in BF2 epic tank battles.
BVC
+325|6688
My thoughts on all the official vanilla 42 maps, assuming a modern-day theatre, no naval units and no planes:- (basically, like BC2)

North Africa:
* Battleaxe - would need to be renamed Sniperaxe
* El Alamein - good, quite open, transport helos would be very useful.
* Gazala - good, not so open compared to El Al, more urban, again transport helos...
* Tobruk - would be sniper city at the start, but in the urban bit no so much, would make a better rush map than conquest in a modern theatre
* Aberdeen - tanks, lots of tanks, would flow similarly to how it does in 42

Pacific:
* Wake Island - good variety of combat styles, would be great for both conquest and rush, and...well...it wouldn't be battlefield without Wake Island
* Midway - without naval it would blow unless done REALLY well.
* Coral sea - again, without naval...
* Iwo Jima - would be a classic, and I think games (conquest) would flow similarly to 42
* Guadalcanal - would be good, not much urban stuff though, would be a good rush map if done right
* Invasion of the Phillipines - good variety in this one, urban, sea, would be great in both conquest and rush

Russia:
* Kharkov - similar flow to 42, would be a good chunk of urban combat, and would make a great rush map
* Kursk - similar to 42; either intense fights for the middle, or one side caps & camps
* Stalingrad - CQB heaven, would be a reasonable rush map

Europe:
* Battle of Britain - given the lack of planes, it would have to be a sea/heli-based landing, and wouldn't really be the same as the original though it could work quite well.   Its pretty much already a giant rush map, so could work well as that.  Would make for good urban combat too - this is something that the original could easily have supported, but rarely did due to the way games went.
* Omaha beach - would suck for the attackers
* Bocage - would probably work better as a rush map TBH
* Market garden - fantastic, would be great as both game modes, though the dynamic/flow would change given a lack of planes
* Battle of the Bulge - great, would have all the same great elements from 42, plus destructible buildings would give it an extra dimension
* Berlin - as with stalingrad, a jizzfest for CQB lovers
* Liberation of Caen - would be as great as, if not better than the original, again due to destructible buildings.

Last edited by Pubic (2010-10-23 01:53:31)

Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5533|Iron Gater
I totally support this. Not only would it offer the well refined conquest maps that were enjoyed by so many, but some of the other maps such as Omaha Beach where teams could really simulate a push would be perfect for game modes like Rush.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5992|Vortex Ring State
Battlefield: Vietnam maps for BFBC2: Vietnam
Vector
Missing in Action
+6|5528|Cerbere Landing
Operation Blue Pearl

Cerbere Landing

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard